Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/10/2013 6:48:33 PM EDT

I received this letter today in response to a respectful letter I recently sent them after I noticed a new sign prohibiting concealed carry at my local store. I've been a loyal shopper for many years and they just lost my business.....many other choices here in town. So much for their Libertarian CEO....
Dear Mr. _________,

Thank you for writing to Whole Foods Market. Some stores, including ours, recently placed signage at the front entrances stating: "We prohibit carrying and use of a firearm.” This is not a new policy and the signage reflects our long-time companywide "No Firearms” policy. Posting the sign is a courtesy to gun owners; the law does not require businesses to post signs.

Our policy restricting handguns In the store is based on providing a safe working environment for our Team Members — and our intent to extend this safe environment to our customers. In our Whole Foods Market General Information Guide (employee handbook), we state that:

"Whole Foods Market has adopted a policy that no one, including Team Members, customers and vendors, may bring firearms, concealed weapons, explosives or the like to any Whole Foods Market store/facility location. This prohibition applies, but is not limited to, any public areas of our stores, back rooms, break rooms, Team Member lockers, central kitchens and distribution centers, parking lots and garages. In other words, don’t bring a gun or knife to work or even leave one in your vehicle (i.e., any motorized vehicle, bicycle, etc.)! Only commissioned law enforcement officers or other authorized security personnel are permitted to have firearms on Company premises.”

Also, we have specific policies regarding how our Team Members should respond to armed robbery:

"If you are ever confronted by a robber, cooperate completely! We have a "no heroes” policy, which means that no Team Member should ever put themselves in danger when It comes to robbers, shoplifters, etc. Give the robber everything he or she wants. Do not hesitate at all or try to argue or negotiate with them. The quicker you cooperate, the quicker they will leave. Do not ever chase a robber or try to play hero —just let them go!”

Again, Whole Foods Market’s "No Firearms” policy is in place for safety reasons only. While individuals in the company may have personal opinions regarding the 2d Amendment, Whole Foods Market does not take a position on this issue, nor is our policy intended to infer a lack of support for the 2d Amendment. Whole Foods Market’s policy is based on state law, which allows businesses to establish and enforce a "No Firearms” policy in our stores as part of state criminal trespass laws.

We recognize that you have a choice in where you shop — and we appreciate your business. We hope this message addresses your concerns regarding our policy and the new signage.

If I can answer any other questions, I hope you won’t hesitate to let me know. I genuinely appreciate you taking the time out to share your position on this issue with us and hope we get the opportunity to serve you again.

Sincerely,

Shawn Hildebrand

Store Team Leader

Whole Foods Market- Galleria

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I NEVER shop there anyway.

Fuck 'em.

Also none of that will keep anyone safer, and will only encourage more robberies after the word gets out.

And the robbers may also be murderers and not want to leave any witnesses behind.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet! Sounds like it's pretty easy to rob Whole Foods.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Ugh...

Damn Hippies.

I go out of my way to NOT eat organic just because of the cult following behind it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
And this is a surprise to whom?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Trader Joe's and Sprouts have no such signs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Hippies are fucking hippies.

My shocked face:  

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

"If you are ever confronted by a robber, cooperate completely! We have a "no heroes” policy, which means that no Team Member should ever put themselves in danger when It comes to robbers, shoplifters, etc. Give the robber everything he or she wants. Do not hesitate at all or try to argue or negotiate with them. The quicker you cooperate, the quicker they will leave. Do not ever chase a robber or try to play hero —just let them go!”

Translation: You are to line up against the wall and allow the criminal to execute you like the sheep you are.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Well they can just f right off then.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#10]
They can go fuck themselves.

If I ever feel like buying some overpriced cheese, my G26 will be under my shirt, and their cute little sign carries less weight than "no shirt, no shoes, no service"
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ugh...

Damn Hippies.

I go out of my way to NOT eat organic just because of the cult following behind it.

View Quote

Ha, I'm the same way.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Concealed is concealed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#13]
They have to be wrong about the signs.  Even liberal ass NY says you have to have a clearly conspicuously posted sign.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#14]
A hippy store that is anti 2nd? I am shocked lol
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Concealed is concealed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Founded in Austin, the goddamn California of Texas. No surprise.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Plus he spells Sean the gay way.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Translation: You are to line up against the wall and allow the criminal to execute you like the sheep you are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[div style='OVERFLOW-X: visible; OVERFLOW-Y: visible; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px'][div style='FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: tahoma, arial; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)']

Pussies.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Still less libtard than Walmart.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Concealed is concealed.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I now want to go to a Whole Foods, fill up a cart with the most expensive ice cream and frozen stuff I can find, wander around for a few minutes to let it get a bit soft and mushy, then tuck in my shirt and wait to be trespassed.  

I'd happily abandon my cart and immediately leave the premises.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ugh...

Damn Hippies.

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Do they have 30.06 signs posted in their TX locations?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Havent seen one of those stores but fuck them anyway.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Has anybody ever sued a business because they were wounded due to the businesses "No Gun" policy?

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Whole foods?  Never heard of 'em.  Who cares, shop someplace else.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Concealed is concealed.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Concealed is concealed.
View Quote

Yes, a non-issue with the same consequences as Assad is facing....none.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Still less libtard than Walmart.

View Quote

Walmart sells guns and ammo.

What's whole foods got?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Has anybody ever sued a business because they were wounded due to the businesses "No Gun" policy?

View Quote

I believe No gun policies indemnify businesses from any injury you sustain when a criminal harms you while on premises and some how the business is liable when a customer or employee ventilates a would be criminal trying to commit grave bodily harm to someone on premises.

What a fuck up world we live in.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Trader Joe's and Sprouts have no such signs.
View Quote

I went to Whole Foods in Tempe once........it won't be missed.

Trader Joe's does have some neat shit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't care about signs, only the applicable laws

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Also, they don't seem to know the difference between infer and imply.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#34]
The second amendment limits the government, not private citizens.  So how can a business that is restricting you on private property be against the second amendment?

I predict an amateur circlejerk in this thread by those who don't understand the difference.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Insurance companies drive these policies, not corporations.  That isn't going to change.  Complain if it makes you feel better.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their headquarters/flagship store is a block away from my work and I occasionally go there to get something for lunch.  I have never noticed a 30.06 sign there but will look for one next time I go there.

One thing I will say that that particular location has going for it is that it is a very (and I mean very) target rich environment for attractive women.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Concealed is concealed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Reply back and ask why criminals wwere left off that list.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I believe No gun policies indemnify businesses from any injury you sustain when a criminal harms you while on premises and some how the business is liable when a customer or employee ventilates a would be criminal trying to commit grave bodily harm to someone on premises.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the state.  Some states provide protection from liability if they allow CCW.

If they do not allow CCW, and someone violates the policy and causes injury, then there is no protection.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Insurance companies drive these policies, not corporations.  That isn't going to change.  Complain if it makes you feel better.
View Quote
Insurance companies don't give a rip about whether their insured is posted. They do care if their insured has armed guards, though.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuggem.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The second amendment limits the government, not private citizens.  So how can a business that is restricting you on private property be against the second amendment?

I predict an amateur circlejerk in this thread by those who don't understand the difference.
View Quote

anti-gun is generally a pretty good sign of anti-2a. no one is forcing you to shop there though.

store is for libtard vegan homos anyway.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Their headquarters/flagship store is a block away from my work and I occasionally go there to get something for lunch.  I have never noticed a 30.06 sign there but will look for one next time I go there.

One thing I will say that that particular location has going for it is that it is a very (and I mean very) target rich environment for attractive women.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Every one I've been in throughout several states is loaded with hot women. Where there's wealth, there's hot women.

I've never noticed a 30.06, so I'll carry on as usual.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I thought the owner was a libertarian? Maybe just on the dope part of libertarianism.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Unless it's changed in the last month, the one near me doesn't have any signs.  Earth Fare and Trader Joe's don't have them either.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck 'em
They sell the same shit food barn and the others sell, they just charge more.

PM me and I'll tell ya.
25 years in retail grocery here.
They have a good scam going.
BTW. Concealed means concealed!!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"We prohibit carrying and use of a firearm.” This is not a new policy . . .  

View Quote

So what?  Carry a firearm in their store, just don't use it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sweet! Sounds like it's pretty easy to rob Whole Foods.

View Quote

I thought the same thing. Someone needs to leaflet-drop this letter in the hood.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Every one I've been in throughout several states is loaded with hot women. Where there's wealth, there's hot women.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some hot women, a LOT of hippy granny types and hairy unwashed chicks with huge numbers of tattoos and piercings.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#50]
There's one a few blocks from my place in Old Town Alexandria -- never seen a sign and  i open carry there all the time. No one has mentionde it to me. Either way; those signs have ZERO legal weight. All they can do is ask you to leave.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top