Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2002 3:02:29 PM EDT
I just want to know how you feel about it?

I think a lot of nurses take a lot of crape. They don't get the money that they should. I thing a lot of hospitals take advantage of them and they don't get paied enough for what they do.

yes my wife is a nurse and I have worked in a hospital for over 2 1/2 years and has doing the nursing thing for 4 years
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
My Mother in Law is a former nurse.  I work in a hospital blood bank and deal with nurses on a daily basis.

I agree that Nurses take a lot of crap.  Kind of like a customer service manager, it goes with the job.  I can appreciate a good nurse. In some cases, they make OK money, in others, the money sucks.

HOWEVER, I also deal on a daily basis with nurses that aren't competent to change a bed pan, let alone actually do anything to a patient.  I would say they are less than 2% of the nurses I have run into.  This ratio matches with just about every job field out there--there are maybe 2-5% that are worth their weight in gold, 70% average, 20% poor, 10% really bad, and the remainder are the dregs of the job market.  

Two groups of nurses I especially respect are Pediatric Oncology Nurses and Neo-Natal ICU nurses.

AFARR
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
My bestest girlfriend is a Nursey.  :)  She's in the Oncology department at Parkland Hospital.  :D
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
My girlfriend is a nurse.  I don't envy her at all, it is a tough, underpaid job.  I just couldn't hang tending to sick people all day.  Another really good friend of mine in a neo natal ICU nurse.  She deals with AIDS and crack babies all day... I have the utmost respect for the people who choose this profession.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife was a nurse for 10 years in Peds ICU.  Having to deal with AIDS and Hepatitis kids was unnerving.  Seeing kids die got to her, and I think she finally burned out on it.

The really good nurses are the ones that keep patients alive.  And there's some damn fine looking lady nurses, too.  I remember this one that worked with my wife... But I digress. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife is a Labor and Delivery nurse (RNFMC).
She works very hard under quite a bit of stress due to hospital understaffing. She loves her job and I am glad there are people out there like her....It takes someone special to be in the nursing field. Always second fiddle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top