Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2001 3:53:39 PM EDT
I did.
Had to do some fast talkin' and psychological manipulation and serious Male Justification to do it, but...
She had a great time!
Highlights:
She finally fired her Beretta Tomcat and was deadly at 15 feet (I'm not pushing her at this point).
Worked my Beretta 84F with aplomb and really liked it (everyone seems to like this pistol when they shoot it).
Did REAL good with the Beretta 96's in .40 at the 25' line.  I'm proud of her.
Picked up the Ruger GP-100 6" in .357 with a bit of trepidation, then proceeded to rip off a cylinder full of 158-gr.JHP's like nobody's business.  She turns around and says, "that was about as much as the .40's, but the longer barrel keeps it down..." [:D] Yeah, Baby!
She wants to go learn the Bushmaster next.
What a great day!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Aw, c'mon.
Nobody?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I took her last week. Earlier this year I bought her a GP-100, 4 inch, SS
I cast and reload .38s for her plinking which only cost us about $3 per 100
She loves my Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
To try to minimize airborne lead and other fun stuff, she doesn't go while pregnant or nursing, so it's been about a year.  But before that she was out shooting the AR and having a great time.  She's thinking over the idea of Front Site's free subgun class if we can swing our scheduling...
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Have taken my wife several times lately at her request.  Her father actually got me into shooting much to her regret.  She'd had her fill of it as a kid.

She has had a J frame snub 38 for years and couldn't hit much with it.  Had her try a 4" GP-100 with 38s and she was getting good hits at 12 yards.  At first she did not care for it because it was so much bigger than the J frame, but she liked the accuracy and controllability and couldn't get enough of it.  I cleaned it, loaded it with 125 grain +P Nyclads and that was now "her" gun.

She has always hated operating the slide on autoloaders so has had a predisposition towards revolvers.  On the next trip out she tried a Smith model 52 38 wadcutter bullseye gun and was really pleased with her tight groups.  She had no trouble operating the slide and started to warm up to the idea of an autoloader for defense.

She tried a Makarov, CZ-75, P7s and eventually a Beretta 92 Elite II.  She did well with all, but found the slide on the Beretta easiest to operate.  Was worried about the 92 fitting her hands, but she shot it well, went through 300 rounds in an afternoon and loves it.  Now that's "her" gun.

She doesn't care for long guns at this point or even a subgun.    Maybe she'll come around.

I've created a monster with handguns though.  She's even talking about coming out to IDPA matches with me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
We are going to sight in her deer rifle Saturday. She shoots a customized Mauser chambered in .250-3000.
She also has her Texas CHL so we will probably shoot some handguns also.
Jim Hall
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
There isn't a time I go to the range these days that I don't have the wife with me.  As a matter of fact, she informed me that she's going to get her mom to watch the kids twice a week so she can go to the local range and get proficient with her new pistol while I'm at work.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I seem to change womenz like socks, but most of them are at least open minded about going. With some patience, I have actually produced some pretty fair markspersons, and some pro gun babes for our side of the fence!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Took mine yesturday.  I have to stop taking her before she actually believes the AR is hers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Took mine yesturday.  I have to stop taking her before she actually believes the AR is hers.
View Quote

oh, you poor misinformed little thing.  if she's already fired it, it's already hers!  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Take mine regularly. Got her a .22 bolt last X-mas. First pistol she ever shot was my Kimber Ultra-Carry with +P loads. Did'nt bother her since she didn't know what to expect. Shot the bin laden targets. She Had to use my (now hers!) AK-47 since thats what dickface has on the news clips. Did real well. Moving her up to the HK-91. Have Fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top