Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 11:45:14 AM EDT
SO called today, seems that approximately 6 of us are headed to Gulf Port, MS to assist local Law Enforcement.  Plans are to take our "Command Center" so we have a place to sleep that is AC, if not, looks like "tent city".

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, I'm pretty surprised we haven't gotten the call .  I'm a police boat operator. We have three boats specifically set up for this kind of thing.

I haven't even gotten any word from our NG unit.

ETA:  So much for that,  just got the alert.  My NG unit is on 10 hour recall.  Since MOST of the unit is in Iraq that's not a lot of us,  We'll probably backfill.

No word as to where yet.  Any of you guys that have been thru the Florida hurricanes have any insights/suggestions?  

I need to pack.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I know that there is a first respodner mobilisation plan in the event of a national emergency.  It has not been activiated for us in California.  Makes you wonder what will happen if a large-scale WMD attack occurred?

It kills me to see that looting.  We could put a stop to that shit in short order.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#4]
My chief just asked this morning at our officers meeting.  Kinda strange that LEOs a bit closer have not been asked yet.  I am just north of Chicago .  I'm thinking about putting my hat in the ring to go.  Never been to that area.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Actually, I'm pretty surprised we haven't gotten the call .  I'm a police boat operator. We have three boats specifically set up for this kind of thing.

I haven't even gotten any word from our NG unit.

ETA:  So much for that,  just got the alert.  My NG unit is on 10 hour recall.  Since MOST of the unit is in Iraq that's not a lot of us,  We'll probably backfill.

No word as to where yet.  Any of you guys that have been thru the Florida hurricanes have any insights/suggestions?  

I need to pack.

We are getting tetnus shots in the am.  BRING PLENTY OF BUG SPRAY.  I am also taking two Thermo Cells with me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]
FDNY/NYPD sent half its Urban Search and Rescue Task Force down yesterday (FEMA only requested half). The rest of the TF, including myself, are on 12hr standby, and will probably be joining them soon....Kind of sucks watching all this human misery from the comfort of my living room.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I would gladly volunteer my services to aid law abiding citizens in a time of despair.  The looters on the other hand.... maybe theyll take care of themselves
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Mutual Aid rumors and memos are trickling in here in CA.  We sent some swiftwater teams and Urban Rescue Units but no LE requests.

If we get a mutual aid request alllll the way here in CA, I have grossly underestimated the scope of the disaster.  

You guys on the short list stay safe.

NorCal
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
SO called today, seems that approximately 6 of us are headed to Gulf Port, MS to assist local Law Enforcement.  Plans are to take our "Command Center" so we have a place to sleep that is AC, if not, looks like "tent city".

Hey, what do ya think the possibilities are of a tag along from another agency if I can get approval?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Mutual Aid rumors and memos are trickling in here in CA.  We sent some swiftwater teams and Urban Rescue Units but no LE requests.

If we get a mutual aid request alllll the way here in CA, I have grossly underestimated the scope of the disaster.  

You guys on the short list stay safe.

NorCal

Get ready.  Mutual aid request has made it to Arizona.  I'm packing gear to leave ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, what do ya think the possibilities are of a tag along from another agency if I can get approval?

Call the SO, get ahold of #10 and ask, tell him we have worked together on the road and see if you can go w/me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got told to get my affairs in order over the next couple of days and be ready to go.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Talked to my Chief and we do have something in the works so I told him to put me on the list to go. Wont be taking an agency car but will be taging along with some guys coming from down south.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Yesterday my shift Sgt. told me athat the Sheriff is supposed to send ten of us either to LA of MS. I definately want to go but I have a newborn baby and I don't want to be away from him and my wife now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:21:28 AM EDT
[#16]
stay safe guys!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought for sure I'd have been gone by now .  We are "in line" to deploy, just waiting on our turn.  I guess EVERYONE can't go at the same time, that would cause problems as well.  It seems that "they" are dispatching teams every so many hours as to avoid a problem.

Got told this am to stay home, keep cruiser and gear ready for the call.  I'm not even to report for my regular shift...

ETA:  I can't help but feel that every hour I sit here is another hour that a fellow LEO in need goes without .
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Bowhntr6pt-

Our department  SRT got notified and is on standby to deploy also.  Locked and loaded, packed, waiting for the word.

Jynx

"No fear the dead, Fear the living."  - Grandfather Ashau Lui
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I just got told to get my affairs in order over the next couple of days and be ready to go.

Hey Gary!

Meant to send you an e-mail to see how you made out during the storm. Hope you didn't have any serious damage.

Keep an eye out for Nathan if you get to NO. His NG unit was activated on Thursday, & he called me yesterday from LA, said they were getting ready to roll out for the city.

Take care of yourself & watch 360 while you're there. If I can do anything to help you, let me know.
IM me or e-mail me at home, or call the office & have them page me if there is anything I can do....
Good luck bro.

Larry

ETA: Nathan's unit is the 211th MP.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone in the San Diego area get called for mutual aid? Called my C.C. and the watch commander hadn't heard anything. I'd go in a second. I can't stand to watch the videos of the looters. Shoot about a dozen or so on site and it'll quiet down.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#22]
YOU GOT TO BE F*#@ING KIDDING ME  !!

Just got told to "stand down" and return to my regular shift tomorrow.  After 8 days of sitting on my ass, waiting on the word to go, our department has grown tired of waiting and has returned us to our shifts.

Our SO has been waiting since the storm with a response team ready, willing, and able, but we still have not been told anything.

WTF??

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#23]
We have 6 that are down there right now. they have been down there for several days, also with a couple firefighters too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top