Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 9:06:54 AM EDT
And where and when do you do your thing?  Post pics, or links please.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Show me the money, er ... I mean the pics!!!  Or, whatever!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Once a year the local Garand Match

Sweet uniforms BigBore.  obershutze916 looks pretty tuff in his German uniform also.  We should have you guys do some man to man combat for our dining enjoyment.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool!

Let's see more!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
We're gonna be doing another WW1 event with the Great War Assoc. in a few weeks.  I'm with the aussies.  The photo page from the unit is here.    Newest stuff down bottom.

The events are a hoot.. Especially the night combat.  The GWA has a nice site out in Newville, PA (near Carlyle) with very extensive trench systems on both sides.  

90 year old Maxim guns can still give you a cold sweat.. even when you know full well they're blanks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cool. We havea few guys that do WWI as well.  They really enjoy it.

We were fighting an Ost Front battle last year and the Russiand were out numbered so we joined their side as Sydlitz trrops since we were the only Heer unit invoved.  They had a maxim and we helleped them drag it around the hills all day.  They had the wheeels removed and it was more of a sled.

Heavy as hell, but a great base of fire.  It was fun adding snow to the water jacket.

We had a ww2 group playing on our field a month or so ago.. That wasn't you guys, was it? I know a few of ours were going to head up with a backhoe, but a German WW2 group had been doing their thing.. May have been Gross Deutschland.

ETA- that 71 year old Russian who dealt the ass-whuppin, that wasn't a crazy Doctor Constantin, was it?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey obershutze916, Could you reply in this post or maybe start another and explain exactly what you do in a reenactment.  Like how do you determine who dies, etc....
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#14]
For us at least, we start Friday night with opposing sides in their trenches.  We normally have a few attacks here and there, and lots of smaller raids and patrols.  Nothing like low-crawling 75 yards to the German wire, freezing dead every time a flare goes up, and hoping like hell that the 08 Maxim you're working under stays silent.  Saturday goes all day with about the same thing.  We're on the honor system as far as kills go.. We're not playing cowboys and indians, we try not to get into too many "I got you! No, I got YOU!" arguments.  We use smoke bombs (biiiig ones) to simulate poison gas (and we use SBR's or die trying), and people rig up handgrenades, rifle grenades, and mortar projectiles with plastic and cardboard.. Little popping charge of black powder, and some white powder to mark the spot (and kill the fire).  The Stokes and Minenwerfer sections are pretty accurate too.  We require helmets in the line at all times because of these things.. They stand a pretty good chance of knocking you silly WITH the tin lid on, but it'd be worse without.  Oh yea, and the barbed wire is real too.. Just farm grade, nothing like the THICK stuff they used in the war, but falling into a 4 foot high, 5 deep belt of it sucks just the same.
 www.great-war-assoc.org has a video on it that has a little "combat" to give a taste.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Me at a '40s dance night after a public battle when I was stationed in England.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top