Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 12:52:14 PM EDT
I just finished playing it and holy shit it was fun. Here's a link to a preview of the game and the demo download:

pc.gamespy.com/pc/fear/638950p1.html

Very atmospheric and fun. My anemic system was able to run it at 1024x768 without a hitch.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
It's fun, but I still think Doom III was done better.

I'll probably end up buying it anyways.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's fun, but I still think Doom III was done better.

I'll probably end up buying it anyways.

Doom III had more of a "GOTCHA!" kind of scare tactic to it. Judging from this demo it's a crawl into your mind and have you saying holy fuck what is that....

Kinda like the Silent Hill games.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I was at a friends house last night and we installed it and played a bit...

The shadow effects rock!

(BTW he was using a Radion X850GT)
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I always forget to check Gamespy for coming releases.  Looks like it's going be a good season for gaming: Galactic Civilizations II, Civ IV, SG-1, new Ghost Recon...

Hope my system can handle them. I wasn't planning on upgrading until the new Operation Flashpoint came out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I always forget to check Gamespy for coming releases.  Looks like it's going be a good season for gaming: Galactic Civilizations II, Civ IV, SG-1, new Ghost Recon...

Hope my system can handle them. I wasn't planning on upgrading until the new Operation Flashpoint came out.

I hadn't even heard a new O.F. was coming out. That should be good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And even better than all those mentioned - Age of Empires III
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tried the demo and it ran shittastically on my computer. I'll let you know if I think it's badass when I get a new rig
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tried the demo and it ran shittastically on my computer. I'll let you know if I think it's badass when I get a new rig

Runs as smooth as can be on my main gaming system.  7800GTX is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$$$ is also my friend, but has been out of town for a while on sabbatical .

When I get bored I go to IBUYPOWER and customize a rig with an Athlon 4800+ dual core running a pair of 7800GTXs in SLI.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$$$ is also my friend, but has been out of town for a while on sabbatical .

well said
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#11]
The demo was done well, and looked great on the LCD with the geforce 6600.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Anywhere to download it besides fileplanet?  I frickin hate fileplanet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anywhere to download it besides fileplanet?  I frickin hate fileplanet.

GamersHell is where I got, fairly painless place to download from (I hate fileplanet just as much as anyone).

Here is a link

www.gamershell.com/download_10167.shtml
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#14]
going to try it out tonight

thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah it's a pretty badass demo IMO, not because of anything scary but the slow-mo "bullet-time" stuff mixed w/ the sweet sweet particle and bullet hit effects systems and pretty decent enemy AI makes for some AWESOME gunsfights.  Something Doom3 lacked entirely.  I was personally incredibly bored w/ Doom III, this kicks it's tail, hopefully the full game doesn't get too wacky w/ ghosts or whatever and ruin it...

I can run it pretty well on my Althon 2200+ w/ 1gig of ram and a 9600 Pro.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yeah it's a pretty badass demo IMO, not because of anything scary but the slow-mo "bullet-time" stuff mixed w/ the sweet sweet particle and bullet hit effects systems and pretty decent enemy AI makes for some AWESOME gunsfights.  Something Doom3 lacked entirely.  I was personally incredibly bored w/ Doom III, this kicks it's tail, hopefully the full game doesn't get too wacky w/ ghosts or whatever and ruin it...

I can run it pretty well on my Althon 2200+ w/ 1gig of ram and a 9600 Pro.

The enemy AI is defintely sweet. Hearing them call for backup and jumping over obstacles to get to you is badass!

My favorite moment of the demo was suppressing the badguys with the G36-type rifle, then lobbing a grenade into the room they were hiding in. Grenade explodes, both bad guys eat it, and everything is completely silent, a lamp in the room is swinging from the explosion, casting light everywhere, and dust hangs in the air
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#17]
tagged to download later
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Seemed pretty cool to me too.

Running on a 6600GT and AMD3200
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top