Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 5:50:00 PM EDT
The government of the US is seized by a totalitarian regime.  In short order, we go from a country in which the Bill of Rights means something good (work with me on this) to a country in which believers in those freedoms are now hunted enemies of the state.

Just like in the old East Germany, you can earn points for ratting out your neighbors.

What groups would you be willing to drop a dime on?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Groups?  Or individuals?
Cause there are some guys I'd invent some shit about in a heartbeat...  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd probably have people ratting me out for whatever reason, so it's quite likely I'd just go out and try to take as many with me as possible.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd probably have people ratting me out for whatever reason, so it's quite likely I'd just go out and try to take as many with me as possible.

Yeah, I'd definitely get ratted out right off the bat. My only hope is to either flee the country or do as much damage as possible.

WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Groups?  Or individuals?

Both.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I'd definitely get ratted out right off the bat. My only hope is to either flee the country or do as much damage as possible.

WOLVERINES!

I don't think I'd even survive long enough to wage any sort of guerilla warfare.  Just long enough to go out in a blaze of quickly forgotten glory.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
X freinds
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]
you
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Groups?  Or individuals?

Both.

I don't know any groups...I do know a guy who tried to molest a friend of mine and never got punished for it.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]
OK I'LL TALK I'LL TALK! It William Jeferson Clinton, he did it, it was all his doing.And it was his ugly wifes idea.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Nobody likes a Rat.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#12]
This would be a really good way to get rid of the Brother-in-Law.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This would be a really good way to get rid of the Brother-in-Law.

You mean Mother-In-Law....
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The government of the US is seized by a totalitarian regime.  In short order, we go from a country in which the Bill of Rights means something good (work with me on this) to a country in which believers in those freedoms are now hunted enemies of the state.

Just like in the old East Germany, you can earn points for ratting out your neighbors.

This post just smells of whether its deliberate or unintended its how I see the concept presented.

If thats what the state has become its time to fight back.

Ratting out your neighbors....pathetic
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
You.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#16]
My neighbors keeps getting up early and starting up his car right next to my bedroom window on workdays.  I'd make stuff up to turn him in, as long as I got some sort of cool reward.

You talking cash?  Or just an easy way to get rid of pesky neighbors?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I think I'd be in trouble- I've taken too many folks shooting (converted a few, but not all of them).  Pissed off a few folks over the years too.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#18]
By the time we reach that level, people getting ratted out will be quite rare, because most of the non-conformists will have been slowly weeded out over a period of years.  The rest will have been scared into submission.  

Occasionally there will be the big news story about a "terrorist" found with an "arsenal" of weapons, explosives, and hate literature (a Bible).

But long before then, hate-speech laws, weapons license requirements, and unversial mandatory psych evaluations at public schools (mandatory attendence, btw) will have identified most potential troublemakers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Under current imprisonment methods, I don't think I'd rat anyone. If they performed torture to get information, well, I have no idea.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#20]
"Yeah, well J-Deazy and Shamar-Kwon over there smoking the philly blunts said they don't give a shit what you have to say, you ain't getting their 'gats' whatever that means."
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
By the time we reach that level, people getting ratted out will be quite rare, because most of the non-conformists will have been slowly weeded out over a period of years.  The rest will have been scared into submission.  

Occasionally there will be the big news story about a "terrorist" found with an "arsenal" of weapons, explosives, and hate literature (a Bible).

But long before then, hate-speech laws, weapons license requirements, and unversial mandatory psych evaluations at public schools (mandatory attendence, btw) will have identified most potential troublemakers.

You're taking all the fun out of this.  Approach this from the concept of a fairly rapid change.  I am surprised that no one said the membership of DU or some other group of people they despise.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're taking all the fun out of this.  Approach this from the concept of a fairly rapid change.  I am surprised that no one said the membership of DU or some other group of people they despise.

A rapid change type of totalitarian government would likely result in a nasty civil war, if it happened tomorrow.  Theres still enough people in the Federal Government and the various State governments who would oppose it.  Not to mention the military and the people themselves.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Nobody.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I am pretty sure most people already consider me a gun nut.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Nevermind, I lack the ability to read suddenly.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Liberals and Democrats because if we ever end up with a government like that. Bet your ass Libbies and Dems enabled them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Liberals and Democrats because if we ever end up with a government like that. Bet your ass Libbies and Dems enabled them.

actually, chances are you'll just end up getting them a "hero of the revolution" medal.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#29]
The only person I'd rat out is the rat. Then again, most rats don't live that long as nobody likes a fucking rat.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Hiltery or my exwife...
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Not necessarily. Would a totalitarian conservative government be more unlikely then a totalitarian liberal government? I don't think so.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not necessarily. Would a totalitarian conservative government be more unlikely then a totalitarian liberal government? I don't think so.

Liberal and Conservative are not even the right words to use, anymore.

Conservative used to mean you were in favor of the monarchy or nobility.  Liberal used to mean you favored government by consent of the governed and individual liberty.

What would a "totalitarian conservative" government be conserving?  Certainly not our heritage of freedom or Constitutional government.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I think I would speak quietly and keep the suppressor clean.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Nobody.  If they are woth something to a regime like that, then they are more than likely worth something to me as a soldier.  In the situation you describe, organization is paramount.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#35]
tiengulden.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top