Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:06:45 AM EDT

This is a pic I got from The Atlanta Journal Constitution.  A parade was held downtown and they got a pic of this young man, see caption below:

Miami Hurricanes fan Jealous Chiambiro, from Atlanta, gets into the spirit of the game with his face painted orange and green at the Fanfest before the Peach Bowl game at the Georgia Dome.

I think I will name my child ENVY.....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:09:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Who would name their child "JEALOUS"?

An IDIOT would!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:09:46 AM EDT
[#2]
How about Estranged ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:53:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet he has a cousin named Bastard......

waiting for cavet to post....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:05:53 AM EDT
[#4]
We have a lot of folks from New Orleans in the ATL metro area, any chance this could be a "French" based name?

The name is kinda fly, yo.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:07:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Better than Orangjelo or Lemonjellow
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:44:13 AM EDT
[#6]
An inmate in our local prison named her kid DoWrong. Poor kid never had a chance.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:58:28 AM EDT
[#7]
There was a kids choir singing Christmas songs on one of the news shows the other morning and Campbell Brown asked one of them their name this little girl says "I Adore Her".  Campbell asked her again and she repeated "I Adore Her"  What the......?  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Probably pronounced "Ge a lus".

Not so bad when you hear the name without seeing the spelling.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:27:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Better than Orangjelo or Lemonjellow

Actually the names are...

Orangejello

and

Lemonjello

Twin boys named after what their mother had on her food tray at the hospital.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Probably pronounced "Ge a lus".

Not so bad when you hear the name without seeing the spelling.

That would probably make more sense than "Jealous".  

Of course the reporters from The AJC are not very bright or interested in being correct in their reporting.

Lazy as hell too, probably did not bother to get the spelling of the little darling....  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Neither Atlanta nor GA is much known for Cajun or French influences. Most likely is is indeed "jealous" as we know it.

Locally in TN, a skank killed a police officer while crashing thru a roadblock on I-40. She had a long list of stealing cars & running from the cops. Her name? Fallon Tallent.

Studies have shown that kids with the weird names, the african names, etc. do worse in schools, have more trouble with the law & all round pissyness at life in general.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Neither Atlanta nor GA is much known for Cajun or French influences. Most likely is is indeed "jealous" as we know it.

Locally in TN, a skank killed a police officer while crashing thru a roadblock on I-40. She had a long list of stealing cars & running from the cops. Her name? Fallon Tallent.

Studies have shown that kids with the weird names, the african names, etc. do worse in schools, have more trouble with the law & all round pissyness at life in general.

That's because the very first influence they have is one of dischord and disharmony. There's no reason to name a child something that will haunt them all the days of their lives.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe that's the Ebonics spelling for Julius.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Stupid is as stupid does -forrestgump Good luck kid

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Saw a girl named Female, long story went with it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#16]
The same kind of idiot that would name a child 'Klanisha' or 'Dejudge' or 'Elbow'.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I guy I work with knew a girl named "shithead".  Pronounced "Shi-theed", but spelled "Shithead".  Lovely.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

This is a pic I got from The Atlanta Journal Constitution.  A parade was held downtown and they got a pic of this young man, see caption below:

Miami Hurricanes fan Jealous Chiambiro, from Atlanta, gets into the spirit of the game with his face painted orange and green at the Fanfest before the Peach Bowl game at the Georgia Dome.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/bella101/10.jpg

I think I will name my child ENVY.....

I suppose that's better than Mojimbu or Shawandiju....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I heard a lady on the radio wanting to wish her daughter a happy bitrhday...daughters name was misty rain. That girl is destined to be a stripper.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, out of boredom, I Googled the name and found a web site called ZimbabweUpdate.com.

www.zimupdate.com/school.asp?schoolid=1027&school=Amaveni%20KweKwe

Listed the person by the same name living in Da ATL.

Guess his family is from Zimbabwe.

Still a fucked up name.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#23]
My wife had a patient who named her newborn kid Placenta. The docs tried to dissuade her, but she thought the name was "beautiful".....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Who would name their child "JEALOUS"???  

The same kind of people who would name their kid "Cape Cod"......

On Cape, evacuee gives birth to a son and a new dream
By Sally Jacobs, Globe Staff  |  September 28, 2005

FALMOUTH -- The gradually dwindling population of evacuees at Camp Edwards was boosted by one new member yesterday. He weighs 6 pounds 9 ounces and has velvet-soft ears. His name is Cape Cod Bannister, or ''C.C." for short.

''I named him that because I love Cape Cod," said Dionne White, who gave birth to the first baby born to a member of the camp's ''Village," at Falmouth Hospital at 5:19 a.m. ''Coming here has been a big break for me. It's like Christmas, just a big old miracle. And you don't get that very often."

White, who turns 37 today, has been given numerous donations of baby clothes and toys. But one thing she laughingly said she does not need much help with is giving birth. White has 12 other children ranging in age from 3 to 21. Four of them are at Camp Edwards.

Another three of White's children, an 11-year-old and 9-year-old twins, were at White's sister's house in New Orleans when the floodwaters rose and have not been found. White and her partner, James Bannister, who is the father of six of her children, clung to the roof of their flooded house for three days before help came.

White says that she begged rescuers to take her to her sister's home several blocks away to get her other children, but they could not. Photos of White and her missing children have been placed on the Red Cross website, but Denise Monteiro, spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Department of Social Services, said that no trace of the children has been found.

''I am just praying and praying they are OK," sighed White, cradling her hours-old son in her arms as tears slid down her cheeks.

Of her five other children, Massachusetts officials say one is in jail, another is living in Texas, and three remain in adoptive care in Louisiana.

Perched on her hospital bed, a blue plastic cross hanging from her neck, White tells of a life of hardship. She had her first baby at age 15, and by 18 she had four children. All four were taken by the state and put up for adoption, she says, although several were reunited with her when they became adults. Another three of her children were put up for adoption in later years. Asked about the seven who were adopted, White struggled to match names and ages, finally shaking her head sadly.

''I got so many children it's a doggone shame," she said.

White, who like many evacuees was born in New Orleans and never left until she was put on a plane to Massachusetts, says that after her first four children were taken from her and a boyfriend slashed her with a razor, leaving a 3-inch scar on her face, she became deeply depressed. Even when she tried birth control, she said she still got pregnant, because she did not always take her medication.

White worked briefly as a nursing assistant while in her 20s, but soon went on welfare. She says she receives Supplemental Security Income benefits because she is disabled by depression and also gets help from Bannister, 53, a disabled longshoreman.

White is adamant that she will have no more children. Yesterday morning she eagerly signed a form consenting to have her fallopian tubes tied as soon as she is able, after discussing the surgery with a physician.

White intends to start her life over in Massachusetts where, she says, ''everyone treats you with love." Monteiro said that two houses, one in Hingham and one in Boston, are being considered for White's family.

''We have never, ever, all of us been together," White said, ''so, that's my dream, a nice big old house in Boston. And all 13 of my children."

Sally Jacobs can be reached at [email protected].  

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Who would name their child "JEALOUS"???  

Frank Zappa would have...if all the other lame names had been used up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top