Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2002 8:54:21 AM EDT
I have been keeping up with all the hype on BRC.
I am within good driving distance, but have medical reasons that are holding me back.
I have arthritis and can't make plans much past 24 hrs time or less.
We have been having much bad weather and it is kicking my ass. Some people may not know this, but arthritis can effect body organs too. It has been hitting my lungs and muscles hard. I feel like I got slapped in the back and most of the wind knocked out of me. I haven't shot much lately either because of it. Dr. visits cost money and that's another whammie that may hold me back.
Anyhow, if I do make it, it will probably be for one or two days, and registration at the door.
Now I have one question.
If I do make it, I am still a bit fuzzy on the laws on bringing in your own ammo from out of state. I read it, but I am still unsure, could I bring it with no problems, Do I have to lock it up too, foid, etc?

If I can't make it, someone will be considerate enough to post pics.
I hope you all have fun, and may those days be blessed with beautiful weather.

I hope to be there, but doubt it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Sucks huh????

I am broke as a old Clinton cigar.  That's why I'm not going.[:(]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, that would include me.

Like sgtar15 I'm so broke right now I probably couldn't afford to go if it was IN my town. [:(]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
sgtar15, that's some funny shit.
the only my poor ass could go is , i had to sell a russian sks, that is my "BRC" fund.
sorry to hear about that, guys  i've got the feeling that this will be a long tradition and get bigger and bigger.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I would love to go but can't make it due to work, family, location, and the effect each of those has on the bottom line.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#5]
It is my sons birthday that weekend, and we are going to be in Australia celebrating it (He wants a party on Ayers rock...kids, go figure).

Next year I am there with bells on though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
hielo, will you adopt me??? [:D]

Anyway, I would go but we just got back from a friend's wedding in Maine and we have had a family trip to Arizona planned for over six months now and between the two I can't afford to fly/drive to Illinois.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to go but have houseguests and will have more arriving that weekend!  Hope it is held again next year--I will go for sure.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is my sons birthday that weekend, and we are going to be in Australia celebrating it (He wants a party on Ayers rock...kids, go figure).

View Quote

LOL!!!
No need for the bells. I'm sure you'll show up
blowin' yer own horn.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been keeping up with all the hype on BRC.
View Quote

Me too! [>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q]

Can't go because of work.[>(][>(][>(][>(][>(]

[spank][spank][spank][spank][spank][spank][spank]
                                             [>Q][>(][>Q][>(][>Q][>(][>Q][>(][>Q][>(][>Q][>(][>Q][>(][>Q][>(]

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't go because I don't want to wake up with my throat cut or get shot in the back from a "ricochet".
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Aw, c'mon and go for it.  Be daring!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I wasn't sure if I could go due to work, but on the last night for early registration, I went for it. The next day I told my boss I was taking three days off work, and much to my suprise, he said "Yeah, go for it!". Not that I don't get vacation time, just that we're in the middle of several huge projects right now, and I'm right in the middle of them. I guess he DOES notice all my hard work....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd love nothing better than to be able to go, just to meet some of the people here. But by that time, we'll be so busy, I'll be hard-pressed just to find time to get a few hours sleep before I head back to the plant to do it all over again the next night. One good thing, though.........with the overtime, I'll be able to FINALLY send GB the $60 to help out the site, and also (with any luck) get me a new rifle!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd love to go but we will be moving in to our new house at that time. :)

Maybe next year though!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL!!!
No need for the bells. I'm sure you'll show up
blowin' yer own horn.
View Quote

Ain't [b]that[/b] the truth.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#18]
[>Q]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#19]
We are swamped with work right now and with all the rain we have been having we have to work every chance we get....

so no BRC for me this year [>(]  [>(]

But i'm going to Campy's  Bulletfest!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I could not make because my job is going hellish on me because my company is so damn short handed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would love to go but can't make it due to work, family, location, and the effect each of those has on the bottom line.
View Quote

Amen Brother!  I think that speaks for alot of us.  Would I be there if it were possible...in a skinny minute!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't go cause of work as well.  Sounds like one hell of a time and the prizes are phenomenal.

Hopefully next year will work.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd like to go but too many whats, for example:

What to do with the kids?

If I *could* take the kids, how to transport everyone?

If someone watches the kids, what to do to console the wife?

How much time should I take off (yes, I do have some vacation time left at work)??

ad nauseum....
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Several commitments that weekend. Would really like to meet some of you losers[:)] though, and get my input into the LEGP AK. Maybe next year.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Work
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top