Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 1:55:01 AM EDT
I got thinking about this today and I might see about making a donation of my guns in my will to the NRA to help in the battle for our rights.

I don't think I'd give them to family members since I believe strongly that owning and assuming the awesome responsibility of firearms is a personal choice.

The few thousand dollars it would raise is more important than passing on these guns to somebody in my family who is capable of purchasing their own.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 2:13:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Good question[thinking].  I do not really know.  I do not want anyone in my family to get any of my guns, because they are all crazy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:18:52 AM EDT
[#2]
... Hopefully, some will be inherited by the Earth;-)

... The rest by my some of my more responsible nieces and nephews.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:24:38 AM EDT
[#3]
My kids will get them. More than likely, by the time I die some of the guns I own won't be affordable by the average person.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The 629 goes with me, along with a K-bar, the rest to my kids. With one I built for my grandson before he could walk, he gets that one.

Rew
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#5]
My sons will get my guns(willed to them), and my father's guns(willed to me), and my wife's father's guns(willed to them).  They should have one hell of a nice collection!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:19:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully my son and my daughter.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Nobody,
[size=1][b]I'M IMMORTAL[/b][/size=1]

or was that immoral, i forget[whacko]

[marines]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#8]
After one hell of a gun battle, anyone who can pry them from my cold dead hands. and if I die in my sleep..... the locksmith/welder that opens/cuts the door off my safe.

I am not sure I would give them to the NRA, I think I would give them to a close friend that has my passion for guns first.

This is something I think about when I step back and look at all my guns. I have no children (yet?) or siblings, and I keep buying more guns.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully, my granddaughter will show an interest in them, but hard to tell yet, as she is less than a year old right now.
As for my sons, I wouldn't trust them with a pointed stick.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#11]
My children can't get mines because Calif forbids transfer of legally reg'd AWs. Its only good for the lifetime of the current owner. On my death they must be disposed of outside of the state.  REMEMBER most current gun laws affect future generation of gun owners. And that they anti would do it current gun owners, but that would be unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#12]
At this point, my niece and nephew unless I have children. Of course, my sister is VERY anti so I'm doing all I can to turn her tide.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully, my daughter (she's 3) will have a healthy intrest in guns when I pass so I can pass them on to her. (the wife says no more kids, so no boys right now [V] )

[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#14]
It's in the will...Brother-in-law (yes, the sane one) will keep them till my son reaches the legal age, at which time they will transfer legally to him, IF he wants them.   Stay safe
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#15]
My trustee will decide whether to pass them on or sell them to increase the trust liquid assets.
If you all don't have a trust, you are not doing the right thing. The only will in any estate plan should be a pour over straight to the trust for any missed assets.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I will leave them to me when I return in my next life.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm taking mine with me!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]
It's gonna be a scramble by the three Mutant Offspring.

10 year old boy wants rifles...all the rifles.  8 year old daughter wants the pistols.  She showed me a lot of maturity last couple of times at the range.  Loads and fires the High Standard .22 as safely as I could want.  6 year old daughter just wants to go shooting for her first time.

What they don't know yet is the shotguns are worth many times everything else put together.  So the Bride and I will just play with them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife, unborn child, and my best friend.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#21]
hard to say, id like to pass em on to the rug rats (IF I EVER HAVE ANY)
The nephues and neices im not sure of.
I have a feeling they would rather sell them then keep them [:(]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
... Hopefully, some will be inherited by the Earth.
View Quote

I'm surprised that not another soul on this board admitted that same.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone who doesn't know for sure, shoot me your E-mail address and I will be more than happy to send you my address for your will. [:)]  I promise I will treat them right!
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 5:11:47 AM EDT
[#25]
My daughter, if she has any interest in guns at that time.  She's only nine months old.  If she doesn't, then my nephew, if he is interested.  He's only 4 months old.  I have a stepson who is six and who would want them, but who will  have to change remarkably if he is to even be considered.  Right now he is too much like his bio-father for me to trust with a paper clip and rubber band.  For Xmas, I have purchased a single-shot .22 rifle that he will use under my intense supervision.  How well he handles that will determine lots of things.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Some of us need to get busy! [sex]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#28]
If I don't have kids, my niece.

She's only 7 months old, but I swear, she already has the "1,000 yard stare" when she looks at my sister and wants some food.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#29]
M4Madness,

That's what I'm talking about!

A guy like you or me with several thousand dollars invested in guns decides beforehand to make a large contribution from his estate to a Gun Rights Organization like the NRA so he arranges to have an Executor sell his guns on the open market to a willing buyer(s) looking for a good deal. The proceeds go to the NRA (or other group), to help in the fight for gun rights.

It's a big win-win situation for all. Somebody already looking to buy finds what he wants, and we gun owners benefit with more funds and more power.

If you read through these posts, as I have, many of these potential heirs are children, girls, or, in many cases people who haven't expressed any interest in the guns. Some niece or nephew ends up with them by default.

If I had a young protege who openly was into hunting and/or firearms, I surely would hand them down. If they were of collector or historical value, I'd want them to remain on my side of the family. But, if were just talking ordinary production guns, then no. Family members don't get guns unless they absolutely want them and will use them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#30]
 Go to the Md AR15 shooters site and look up the August pics.  They say it all...
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Probably my kids. Assuming of course that I get married and have kids.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#32]
MY two daughters..
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#33]
I have the same problem as Hannah, can't give my sons a sharp stick. I made that mistake with a bow and had to take it back.It's too bad because at one time I had them each an AK .If they don't grow up before I die, they are 24 and 19 my daughter gets them. She is 11 and loves to shoot.
 As for my carry gun I want to be buried with it. Hope my wife will honor my wish.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#34]
My son.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#35]
All my guns go to my wife and kids.  I was more than smart enough to make sure my children enjoyed and understood firearms and the 2nd.  No law ever passed will stop me from giving [i]any[/i] firearm to my children!!!  Period!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#36]
my 4 yr old already helps me clean my weapons and understands gun safety.  His 6 year old brother on the other hand needs to show me a little more responsibility.  My daughter is still too young yet.  That being said, any that show intrest in them will divide them.  Gonna figure the one with the most sense of pride in family history and they will recieve the old 20ga bolt that my great grandfather bought for my grandfather when he started hunting and has been passed to my dad then me along with the baby browning my grandfather picked up in WWII and the high standard .22 that he used to coon hunt with.  After that they are mostly my purchases and if they decide to sell them, well, so be it, but I would like to think that they will all be handed down.  I have dedicated a good portion of my life to firearms and hunting and I would like to think that my family thinks enough of me to hold on to these in rememberance of me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I ponder this quite frequently. I have no children. I don't have an extravagant collection by any means. Only about a dozen firearms, but I have invested right at $10,000 into it. I value them greatly and wish that I had someone in mind who would cherish them and never part with them. Half are new and unfired. I have traded a lot of my life in exchange for these firearms and would hate to will them to someone who didn't truly appreciate them and just sold them off cheap to make a few bucks.
View Quote

... would you consider adoption? [;)][;)][;)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Any responsible members of the next generation who actually care about those freedoms that are all but lost today.........hopefully, they will have guts unlike many so-called conservatives and gun owners today......who prefer to do nothing. Most likely, they'll be Libertarian.........
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#39]
now thta i have my first child my newborn son will get them and if he moves out of the prk when he is older he will get my ar too.my nephew will probably get one of them also same goes for him move out of the prk he will have the choice of the ar if my son doesnt want to move.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:43:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you read through these posts, as I have, many of these potential heirs are children, [b]girls[/b]...
View Quote

Why is leaving one's guns to a girl a problem to you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top