BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2004 7:06:00 PM EDT
I can't remember. Helicopter accident.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Vic Morrow.

Speeled somthing like thet.

It wasn't really twenty plus years ago. More like ten.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Vic Morrow
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Vic Morrow.

Indian Dunes Motocross Park (Now closed)
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep. Ole Vic. I remember the old "Combat" reruns. It was a good show. My Dad watched it while he was young.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
damn I feel old...I watched it when I was young
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
There was also a little Asian girl that was also killed. John Landis was the drector.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There was also a little Asian girl that was also killed. John Landis was the drector.

Yeah, a little Viet Namese girl...Didn't a little boy die, too?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#9]
For anyone interested here is the IMDB  entry for:
Twilght Zone - the Movie
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Vic Morrow.

Speeled somthing like thet.

It wasn't really twenty plus years ago. More like ten.

1983, 21 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Ever seen the footage of it?    He never felt a thing...   I dunno about the kids, but a spinning rotorblade to the back o the head will put you out quick.  If I gotta go in a freak accident, thats how I want it to happen.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Sgt.  Saunders
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I think it's Vic Morrow
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Anybody remember the old punk band 'Vic Morrow's Head'?  I think they were along the same vein as 'Jody Foster's Army'.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow.  Jennifer Jason Leigh is his daughter.  (Google is amazing).
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I just missed seeing the Combat! show on TV in the 1960s.  But I enjoy the re-runs on cable now.  It does not appear to be terribly realistic!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I just missed seeing the Combat! show on TV in the 1960s.  But I enjoy the re-runs on cable now.  It does not appear to be terribly realistic!

GunLvr

Yes it was
simple flank and attack tactics. Never go out of style.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#19]
They found out that he had dandruff.

Found his head and shoulders in the bushes.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, it was that long ago? I'm getting old.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#21]
What a twat. At least he had the last laugh.

Quoted:
Wow.  Jennifer Jason Leigh is his daughter.  (Google is amazing).

He also found it distressing to watch his own performances and reputation being quickly eclipsed by those of his daughter, Jennier. While she had changed her name to Jennifer Jason Leigh in an effort to escape the "Vic Morrow's kid" label, Vic saw this as the ultimate act of disloyalty.

Vic Morrow died tragically in the early morning hours of July 23, 1982 while filming a scene for "Twilight Zone: The Movie". As he waded across the Santa Clara River carrying two Vietnamese children, a helicopter crashed beside them. All three actors were killed-- Morrow and one of the children were decapitated. In his will, written in purple felt-pen on yellow paper, just seven months before his death, he left the bulk of his million-dollar estate (house, bank accounts, safety deposit boxes, personal effects and "Macho" the dog) to Carrie. Jennifer, who had remained estranged from her father, received the token sum of $100 while his SAG insurance and some cash went to a female friend.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yep. Ole Vic. I remember the old "Combat" reruns. It was a good show. My Dad watched it while he was young.

Vic played the SGT. and Rick Jason played the LT. on "Combat"
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#24]
i saw the footage from a couple different angles. all three died instantly. the blades caught the kids in the shoulder/head area. morrow in the abdomen.

in the footage you can see a dude run out there in the water to render assistance-only to stop and 180 it in a hurry. obviously horrified by what he saw, what was left anyway.

a damn shame.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vic played the SGT. and Rick Jason played the LT. on "Combat"

You make me feel old, I watch it too in my younger days when it was on first-run TV at my parent's house.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#26]
In 1954 we were the only people on the whole block that had a TV,and I would say it had about a 12 inch screen and about  a 2X4 frame!   We  had one because my dad was an OKC firefighter and they had good credit(250.00 a month) with four kids!

We lived on 80 acres and stiched blue jeans into loin clothes and ran around half naked just like indians,never watched anything but Buck Rogers,Dan D Dynamo ,and maybe Red ryder and little beaver!

Then ran out screaming broke the screen door and were out to explore the woods(BB Guns and Bear twenty pound recurves) till our older sisters came into the woods to bring us home!

We would have fires with potatoes wrapped in Oklahoma Red clay bakeing in the coals of camp fires,and my sisters running home telling my mother that we were dancing around the campfire naked!

So there was just not that much TV to be seen,and yes it does make you feel old(comeing off a tangent)  So yes Vic Morrow!  

Bad planning and just plain bad luck!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
i saw the footage from a couple different angles. all three died instantly. the blades caught the kids in the shoulder/head area. morrow in the abdomen.

in the footage you can see a dude run out there in the water to render assistance-only to stop and 180 it in a hurry. obviously horrified by what he saw, what was left anyway.

a damn shame.

Where did you see the footage?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top