Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 9:18:35 AM EDT
This will be my first year of voting... ever. When I was younger I leaned more toward the liberal side of the house as most stupid-ass kids do, so I'm better off for not having exercised my right during that period. During the last election I was in Nigeria without an absentee ballot so I missed out on that one as well. All the smaller elections in between didn't really matter to me since I was registered to vote in NJ and I haven't lived there since 94...

In the last couple years (pretty much during Bush's term) I've come out of my political slumber, wiped the crusties out of my eyes, and took a big swig from the cup of reality. So this year is obviously going to be my year.

That being said... I have never laid eyes on a voting ballot, so I have no idea what to expect. I am visualizing it to be like a pop quiz when O get in the booth and realize that the only answer I am sure of is the presidential block. All the others I'll be guessing on.

So I figured this might be a god place to get all the poop on what I (and others) should expect to see when we draw the curtain.

In other words... HELP!!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
your local board of elections will give you a sample ballot if you go by and ask for one.

Take that and research each race and see who best reflects your views.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Vote a straight Republican ticket...

There will be a choice at the top of your ballot for Democrat or Republican. Vote Republican, because the Democrats will steal your guns!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This will be m first year of voting... ever. When I was younger I was leaned more toward the liberal side of the house as most stupid ass kids do, so I'm a better person for not having exercised my right during that period. During the last election I was in Nigeria without an absentee ballot so I missed out on that one as well. All the smaller elections in between didn't really matter to me since I was registered to vote in NJ and I haven't lived there since 94...

In the last couple years (pretty much during Bush's term) I've come out of my political slumber, wiped the crusties out of my eyes, and took a big swig from the cup of reality. So this year is obviously going to be my year.

That being said... I have never laid eyes on a voting ballot, so I have no idea what to expect. I am visualizing it to be like a pop quiz when O get in the booth and realize that the only answer I am sure of is the presidential block. All the others I'll be guessing on.

So I figured this might be a god place to get all the poop on what I (and others) should expect to see when we draw the curtain.

In other words... HELP!!!!

Straight GOP ticket.

In the present situation, the 2 most important issues are:

1) Getting GW re-elected

2) Holding, if not adding to, the Republican presence in the US Senate

There is NO viable party other than the GOP or the Dems, and even a conservative democrat will vote for the Dems to take over Congress...

It's really simple right now -> this is NOT the election for 'protest votes' or 'promoting choice'... This is the time to put the best viable candidate in power, which universally means Republican Party...

Like it or not, those are 'the facts on the ground'...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'M VOTING FOR KERRY!!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Straight GOP ticket.

+1
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#7]
If I didn't get the time to research the candidates/races I would have done the straight conservative/republican ticket... and odds are I will anyway. I really can't think of one Dem that would be worth electing... primarily on the gun issue, which is pretty much what is driving the train this year.

Since the majority of the Dems are gun-grabbers and the ones that aren't will be when they get bullied by their fellow party members, Republican seems to be the safest bet.

Thanks guys... I'll take the advice laid out and run with it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#8]
In many areas one cannot just do a straight ticket. Here in NC judicial races are not done by party, so unless you do your research going in you have no idea what judges to vote for.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Vote a straight Republican ticket...

There will be a choice at the top of your ballot for Democrat or Republican. Vote Republican, because the Democrats will steal your guns!

yup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top