Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2002 10:58:33 AM EDT
[url]http://www.weather.com/weather/local/58554[/url]

My brother called and told me he got the afternoon off from work yesterday because it was 104 degrees out.

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is HOT!! Sure glad I don't have to work this weekend.. Where is your brother located?

later
    hawkin
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Mandan
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I will bet it hits 100 in Fargo/Moorhead too
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Hot ? You wanna know hot? Just talking about the fact that it 122 in Phoenix about 1990. I remember that day too well. I was driving a company truck without A/C. Couldn't decide if it was cooler with the windows rolled up or down letting the blowtorch air in the cab of the truck.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hot ? You wanna know hot? Just talking about the fact that it 122 in Phoenix about 1990. I remember that day too well. I was driving a company truck without A/C. Couldn't decide if it was cooler with the windows rolled up or down letting the blowtorch air in the cab of the truck.
View Quote

Yep, that's more hot. Found this:

Arizona  record high 128 June 29, 1994  Lake Havasu City elevation 505  .
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#6]
i live in so kali, and was spending a week out in palm springs in the middle of the summer.

the high was 120, and average high for that week was 119...it was over a few of the nights even, but we had access to the water park there for the whole week, as well as we all brough waterguns :D
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
But it's a dry heat in Phoenix. [;)]

While it may get hotter in some places and colder in other places, there is no place like the Great Plains that has such a wide tempurature range. 110 degrees in summer and 20 degrees below zero 6 months later is pretty normal.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

While it may get hotter in some places and colder in other places, there is no place like the Great Plains that has such a wide tempurature range. 110 degrees in summer and 20 degrees below zero 6 months later is pretty normal.
View Quote

I've seen 45 below zero air temp before.  It is 96 degrees F in Fargo right now (5:36pm central).  Damn hot, if you ask me.

In the wintertime up here, you can see swings of up to 60 or 70 degrees F in the winter.  30 below one day and 30 the next.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I've seen 45 below zero air temp before.  It is 96 degrees F in Fargo right now (5:36pm central).  Damn hot, if you ask me.

In the wintertime up here, you can see swings of up to 60 or 70 degrees F in the winter.  30 below one day and 30 the next.
View Quote

Record low for ND is -60, record high is 121. It's been gotten as low as 19 degrees in august, 23 in july. I can't remember what the greatest change in a 24 hour was but i seem to remember something like over 90 degree change in one day, not sure.

I love the great plains. Go rough riders.

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I grew up in southwest Nebr.

IIRC, 115 degrees was about as hot as I ever saw. And I don't think it ever got much colder than about -25 degrees.

But I've seen plenty of those 60 degree temp swings.

Where I live now is almost a banana belt. Rarely more than 100 degrees and not very often does it get below about -20 degrees. In fact, I lived here for about 6 years before it got cold enough to dig out my heavy parka.

I do miss the prairie's though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I will bet it hits 100 in Fargo/Moorhead too
View Quote

Yaw, fer shore. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Record low for ND is -60, record high is 121. It's been gotten as low as 19 degrees in august, 23 in july. I can't remember what the greatest change in a 24 hour was but i seem to remember something like over 90 degree change in one day, not sure.

I love the great plains. Go rough riders.

View Quote

I've got a great uncle who was, I think, a Master Sgt. in the AF as a MP. After a tour in Vietnam at Da Nang, he got transfered to Minot.

After 6 months he asked to be sent back to Vietnam. Apparently getting shot at made more sense then ND weather.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#13]
At least someone got my pun. Good job marvl

[beer]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Al, please talk to your brother, find out if "Eddie's" in Bismarck is still having live bands, and get me the phone number.  Please?  I'll send you a beer!  
I was up there in 95, cool people.  Swimming downtown in the Missouri was kick ass.  The chicks were hot!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I like to say that I must be going to heaven when I die.  I've lived someplace that gets hotter than hell and colder than hell so I must have already paid my penance.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I like to say that I must be going to heaven when I die.  I've lived someplace that gets hotter than hell and colder than hell so I must have already paid my penance.
View Quote

[url]http://www.bismarcktribune.com/display/inn_newscurrent/nws-1.txt[/url]

Thermometer hits 111 degrees; heat contributes to fire, outage problems

View Quote

Glad I wasn't home.

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey Al, please talk to your brother, find out if "Eddie's" in Bismarck is still having live bands, and get me the phone number.  Please?  I'll send you a beer!  
I was up there in 95, cool people.  Swimming downtown in the Missouri was kick ass.  The chicks were hot!!!
View Quote

I'm pretty sure that closed a few years ago. I've got an old phone book that lists the numbe as 701-663-0532. I think there is a place called "sub zero" in the building now that does have bands, but I'm not sure.

I used to spend every weekend camping and fishing south of town at the Missouri bottoms. Man I miss that place.

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep, damn cold in winter, and damn hot in road construction season (summer).  I love it.

Plus, Fargo is chock full of hot chicks.  I know you wouldn't expect that here, but it is.  The Universities we have here don't hurt that either.

Hey Hawkin, DJK and I are in Fargo, what part of the state you in?

Mike

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#19]
We still own the family farm in Arvilla, but everybody moved out in 1987. The farming got too big for the "Gentleman farmer", and nobody likes the winters, the woodticks, and the lack of trees.I can't say Arizona is the answer! Its hotter than Satan's hoof here.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My brother called and told me he got the afternoon off from work yesterday because it was 104 degrees out.

View Quote

Pussies [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top