Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2007 6:03:29 AM EDT
I want to set up 4 UTMA Roth/Traditional IRA's for my kids obvioulsy at first there will be only 750 going in per year to maximise the tax shelter provided by the UTMA...

Most of the online guys want a 3k min bal

help please
Edit to clairfy.... I know that 'gift' money can not go into a Roth but the wages they earn can....  

The roth complicates things more than it is worth... the traditonal IRA puts to many restrictions on liquidty

So I want to know a good place where I may set up a custodian account that has good access to mutual funds/investements in my kids name
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
In my experience, many of the companies that advertise online with a minimum balance don't actually require the minimum balance.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#2]
i have an account through boa that has been empty since i opened it about six months ago.

i'm still trying to figure out how setup a direct deposit for it though .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top