Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2011 5:29:54 AM EDT
Need to buy a pair for a present.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out Rothco's Nomex gloves.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Silly question, if I mail these to a female in basic, will they actually give them to her when she goes to AIT? Or do you think she could take a pair with her?

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Certianly not whoever the Air Force buys theirs from.  The damn things start falling apart about as soon as you put them on.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Silly question, if I mail these to a female in basic, will they actually give them to her when she goes to AIT? Or do you think she could take a pair with her?  

What AFSC (job) is she going to school for?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
92A ARMY AIT - Advanced Individual Training
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't really help you with the Army, but in the AF we wouldn't have really had an occasion to need them in tech school.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Okay, well I was going to mail some better made thinsulate long johns and these 'aviator gloves' come highly recommended for windy situations so I thought that would be a good present for her. She's not that strong in terms of handling cold weather n such.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Winter weight Nomex.

Here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#10]
She can wear them in AIT.... But she has been issued gloves, and cold weather grear already. More stuff she will have to pack, and loose and/or get stolen. Not really much need for them in a warm classroom, learning how to be behind a desk or in a warehouse.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Okay I understand. What do you think I send her besides a letter every couple of days? She doesn't eat candy. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#12]
The following items are approved for use in the Basic Training environment:

1. Sewing Kits

2. Personal Photos (no more than five in your wall locker)(tasteful)

3. Religious medallions

4. Finger and toe nail clippers

5. Carmex

6. Cocoa Butter Lotion

7. Irons

What are 'Irons' >?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh for gods sake. An iron? The iron where you iron your clothes. How in the hell did I miss that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top