Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2002 6:46:31 PM EDT
Poulan looks kind of cool, but I prefer electric cuz filling the gas tank can be a PITA.

[url]www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1170721&cat=4892&type=1&dept=5428&path=0%3A5428%3A4091%3A4892[/url]

What do you studly gardeners use?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Ryobi gas setup. My yard is too big for electric. It has a trimmer and separate edger attachment. You can also get a leaf blower, tiller and hedge trimmer attachment. I think I paid about $130 for it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I use a Ryobi gas setup. My yard is too big for electric. It has a trimmer and separate edger attachment. You can also get a leaf blower, tiller and hedge trimmer attachment. I think I paid about $130 for it.
View Quote

Great minds do think alike.  I've had my Ryobi for four years, this summer will be it's 5th, and no trouble so far.  The string trimmer and edger have withstood everything I could do to them, this year the blower and tiller will get a thorough workout.  Good piece of gear!  I could not wait to get rid of the electic cord, it's a much bigger hassle to unwinde, drag around the yard, and rewinde, then filling a tank ever thought about being.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Honda four stroke string trimmer. Best by far.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
mattja,
I did some research on this about 2 years ago.
One thing I found out that if you read their descriptions they will mention an hour rating.
The higher the rating the more metal parts and a tool which should last longer.
I ended up with an Echo that works good for me and it doesn't seem to mind the high rpm's I abuse it with.
Hope this helps.
Andy
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
combination products are fine for casual homeowner use and I would recommend ECHO.  At the golf course we use their stuff exclusively and its really gets put through some extremes and is incredibly reliable.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Definitely NOT "Crack & Broken"

(that's Black & Decker for those who didn't see my post a few days ago)
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Stihl, the best money can buy, had mine for 12 years, never any repairs, starts on second pull even after sitting up for five months.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#8]
You do know that weedeaters are God's way of saying you have too much yard.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top