Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/24/2006 2:25:41 PM EDT
Frankly Im tired of the Republican's continuing down the path of corruption and sissification. The straw for me was the illegal alien and border problem continuing to get worse and them doing nothing. The president had even released statements supporting a united Canadian/American/Mexican front which would dissolve our borders in a manner of speaking to defend the greater border blah blah blah. Rep Sen from Colorado was on the Hannity radio show telling the viewers how the VP even had a commity in the Senate of those trying to prevent members of the Rep party from making a fuss over the border issue. A gag order if you will.

Anyways Im sick of it. And I dont care if the Independent I vote for gets into office, but I will have successfully made a statement. Seeing as they count every vote and average them every which way they will notice a drop in Rep votes and realize where they are going. Cuz the dems sure wont be getting too many this next election.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:28:19 PM EDT
I'm voting for The_Beer_Slayer next time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:32:45 PM EDT
I'm sure not going to vote straight R next time.

Each canadate will get a look over, see what their records are, where they stand and I'll go from there.

It's time to put PEOPLE in postions of power not a blank check to a single PARTY.

No more blind voting just for a party, any party, that bamboozles us with bullshit and has learned what buttons to push in order to get a desired response on election day.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:33:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

I might be with you on that one. Is he running?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:36:47 PM EDT
No. There is absolutely no chance an independant is going to win and if enough people "throw away their vote" by voting for one the dems will win for sure.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:37:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ctprelude:
No. There is absolutely no chance an independant is going to win and if enough people "throw away their vote" by voting for one the dems will win for sure.

BINGO!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:39:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

BINGO!

Yep. If you actually want to have an effect, as opposed to making a statement, get involved during primary season. That's where we either pick a Reagan or a RINO.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:42:09 PM EDT
I hate to say it, but I'll probably vote straight "R". Only because I find it hard to vote for any "D" and the odds of an "I" or "L" actually winning are zilch.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:42:43 PM EDT

But you know what? Im tired of that thinking too. We are NOT locked into stupid. If both candidates are idiots and are not representing the people then we dont vote for them. So what if the Dems when another election, the Reps will wake up and realize they are idiots and will put up solid men/women who are truly representing the moral majority. Take Kali for example. Arnold put up 3 good pieces of legislation, but they utterly failed becuz of how he talked down to and treated his voters. They refused to show up at the polls. I think the numbers ended up being 22% of registered Reps showed up at the polls and MADE THEIR POINT. Thats how politics works. Its a slow game, but its better than living with CRAP for 8 years rather than just 4.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:44:22 PM EDT
Nobody's even announced their candicacy yet, and you've already made up your mind? Whatever.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:44:40 PM EDT

+1.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:48:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

Mona as First Lady...I LIKE that!

FTR, I've NEVER voted a straight ticket...

I vote the candidate, not the party.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:49:18 PM EDT
Unless you can convince tens of millions they are not wasting thier vote on 3 party and the Libertarians or Greens put up a canidate with appeal, it will not happen. Conservatives will not vote Libertarian because they persist that the war on drugs is effective and the fundies agendas will not be advanced.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:54:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:57:07 PM EDT
Straight "R" here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:58:22 PM EDT
Straight Republican. It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:58:37 PM EDT
Frankly, I'd take eight more years of "W" over five minutes of Hanoi John Kerry or Hilary the Carpetbagger.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:02:22 PM EDT
I will be voting Republican even if I have to hold my nose to do it.

I FEAR THE ONLY OTHER ALTERNATIVE

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:07:41 PM EDT
Well, if it's Hillary vs. John McCain, I'll probably staying home and handloading ammo.

My hopes for 2008 are not high.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:16:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mattl:
Unless you can convince tens of millions they are not wasting thier vote on 3 party and the Libertarians or Greens put up a canidate with appeal, it will not happen. Conservatives will not vote Libertarian because they persist that the war on drugs is effective and the fundies agendas will not be advanced.

This is also a misconstrude idea. Just becuz the ticket says Independent doesnt mean they're a Libertarian. Many conservatives Ive found are going Independent becuz they no longer agree with the Rep/moderates in their area. Unless they setup a candidate like that Rep from Colorado...or Michael Savage Im going Independent
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:23:54 PM EDT
Not me. I voted third party last time and Clinton got re-elected. If someone can convince me that we can geta third party president and have a third party controlled house and senate before the Dems destroy our country I am all ears. There is no way the Dems will leve this country in tact while we try. (because thats who will be running everything while we try to build up a new party to the numbers needed)
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:24:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Airwolf:
I'm sure not going to vote straight R next time.

Each canadate will get a look over, see what their records are, where they stand and I'll go from there.

It's time to put PEOPLE in postions of power not a blank check to a single PARTY.

No more blind voting just for a party, any party, that bamboozles us with bullshit and has learned what buttons to push in order to get a desired response on election day.

Amen and amen.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:25:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:
Nobody's even announced their candicacy yet, and you've already made up your mind? Whatever.

+1
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:27:28 PM EDT
Depends on who runs. McCain? No thanks, I'll vote Libertarian.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:28:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By memyselfandi:

This is also a misconstrude idea. Just becuz the ticket says Independent doesnt mean they're a Libertarian. Many conservatives Ive found are going Independent becuz they no longer agree with the Rep/moderates in their area. Unless they setup a candidate like that Rep from Colorado...or Michael Savage Im going Independent

Libertarians are nearly always marked on Ballots. By "independent" I thought you meant non-GOP and non-Dim.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:29:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:31:06 PM EDT
The party system as it exists, whether by deliberate design or not, eliminates accountability from democratic government.

It doesn't matter what they do if 51% of the voters are convinced the alternative would be worse.

If the GOP wants my vote for their presidential candidate they'd better not run another idiot.

It's likely I'll vote straight R for other positions, although we do have a libertarian incumbent locally who's doing a great job, but for the state/federal positions I'll vote R unless forced not to by blatantly unconstitutional positions.

If you really want a Republican to win in '08 nominate Ron Paul (R) TX, there's enormous support for the man. He'd pull in the disillusioned consevatives, libertarians, conservative democrats, etc.

Nobody else stands out as having a strong chance to beat an unnamed democrat in '08.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:33:18 PM EDT
In politics, the only thing that matters is winning. If you don't win, you cannot effect change.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:36:52 PM EDT
What I wana know is, what does a railroad comminsioner do and why is there just 1 guy, a republican, up for that office?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:41:01 PM EDT

I vote the candidate, not the party.

Amen
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:50:04 PM EDT
when too many vote independent or don't vote at all, the worst of the worst always wins...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:51:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mojo_Jojo:
In politics, the only thing that matters is winning. If you don't win, you cannot effect change.

That is what the relative of a well-known congresscritter told me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:52:08 PM EDT
a vote for an independent is a waste vote imo.

no 3rd party will have a chance unless we change the way electoral votes are awarded. Winner takes all always winds up with 2 dominant parties.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:52:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By happycynic:

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

BINGO!

Yep. If you actually want to have an effect, as opposed to making a statement, get involved during primary season. That's where we either pick a Reagan or a RINO.

Jeez, you guys. There you go, interjecting reality into a rant.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:53:14 PM EDT

But you know what? Im tired of that thinking too. We are NOT locked into stupid. If both candidates are idiots and are not representing the people then we dont vote for them. So what if the Dems when another election, the Reps will wake up and realize they are idiots and will put up solid men/women who are truly representing the moral majority. Take Kali for example. Arnold put up 3 good pieces of legislation, but they utterly failed becuz of how he talked down to and treated his voters. They refused to show up at the polls. I think the numbers ended up being 22% of registered Reps showed up at the polls and MADE THEIR POINT. Thats how politics works. Its a slow game, but its better than living with CRAP for 8 years rather than just 4.

Throwing your vote away on an independent makes the validity of the statement in blue questionable.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:54:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 8:01:57 PM EDT by LARRYG]

Also, the Libertarian party's stance on the UCMJ is totally fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:27:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

Originally Posted By raven:

+1

Do you gentlemen suppose maybe the thread poster has an agenda other than to state his/her voting intentions? These threads always arouse my spidey senses.

Spidey Senses eh? Sense this: Im tired of the Republicans in office. They call themselves conservatives but have no clue what the meaning of the term is. I do know however that there is an ever growing INDEPENDENT CONSERVATIVE movement in our ranks, NOT a libertarian or green party "independent". Take comptroller Carol Keaten Strayhorn for example. I know nothing about the woman (Tx hopeful for governor) but she has made the statement that shes running as an independent conservative, because she does not agree with the reps and the way they have acted in office. Personally I feel the same way. Throwing my vote away? No dont think so, and dont think anyone could convince me otherwise. A Capitalism Democratic country takes time to change, its not instant and me choosing to vote for another person other than the cookie cutter GOP nominee is not the equivalent of never even bothering to go to the polls. It at least goes on paper, a paper that they will read and say "Hey we should have had these peoples votes...what gives?" Duuurrrr...perhaps you should listen to your voters?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:29:40 PM EDT
I'll be voting Libertarian - again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:33:36 PM EDT
Depend on who's running.

I sure as hell ain't voting for Ruddy (name misspelled intentionally to insult that no good, baby killin', gay lovin', gun grabbin', New York liberal sumbitch!)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:42:54 PM EDT
Nope. Only way I'd consider it is if Giuliani were nominated.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:51:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By johnrj:
when too many vote independent or don't vote at all, the worst of the worst always wins...

+1 The last time a bunch of people voted independent, Bill Clinton defeated George Bush. (1992)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:11:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 6:14:22 PM EDT by NeoCon007]

Originally Posted By Danger_Close:

+1 The last time a bunch of people voted independent, Bill Clinton defeated George Bush. (1992)

Exactly Right!

Throw your vote away on a third party and we will get another god-damned klinton in office. That means more gun Bans, socialized healthcare, and every other nightmare you wake up from sweating.

You bastards that constantly complain about Bush and the fucking border make me sick.

The man delivers us 90%+ of what we want and you still whine like sniviling dogs. We have the House, Senate, and soon the Supreme Court because of Bush's leadership. Plus the "Assualt Weapons" Ban is through. I really wonder if the Republican Party wouldn't be better off with a few less ingrateful, assholes like many of you who post here.

ETA: If you don't like the illegals crossing over, quit bitching about it and join up with Minute Men
Project.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:31:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NeoCon007:

Exactly Right!

Throw your vote away on a third party and we will get another god-damned klinton in office. That means more gun Bans, socialized healthcare, and every other nightmare you wake up from sweating.

You bastards that constantly complain about Bush and the fucking border make me sick.

The man delivers us 90%+ of what we want and you still whine like sniviling dogs. We have the House, Senate, and soon the Supreme Court because of Bush's leadership. Plus the "Assualt Weapons" Ban is through. I really wonder if the Republican Party wouldn't be better off with a few less ingrateful, assholes like many of you who post here.

ETA: If you don't like the illegals crossing over, quit bitching about it and join up with Minute Men
Project.

for God's sake, keep pulling that (R) lever no matter whos name is by it.

What is the difference between having Democrats in office and having Republicans like Arlen Specter and John McCain in office?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:34:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NeoCon007:

Exactly Right!

Project.

What hole did you crawl out of? Here, take somemore sleeping pills and go lay down
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:34:47 PM EDT
Libertarian or Constitution, whichever puts the better man in the spotlight.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:58:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nf9648:
Libertarian or Constitution, whichever puts the better man in the spotlight.

So,the Libertarian Party's fucked up stance towards the UCMJ nor their screwy idea that a military person should be able to quit anytime the want doesn't bother you, huh?

Not to mention that the head of the Libertarian Party, Harry W. Browne, said that we deserved 9/11/2001.

Go ahead, vote for the fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 11:31:24 PM EDT by FatCobra]

Frankly Im tired of the Republican's continuing down the path of corruption and sissification. The straw for me was the illegal alien and border problem continuing to get worse and them doing nothing. The president had even released statements supporting a united Canadian/American/Mexican front which would dissolve our borders in a manner of speaking to defend the greater border blah blah blah. Rep Sen from Colorado was on the Hannity radio show telling the viewers how the VP even had a commity in the Senate of those trying to prevent members of the Rep party from making a fuss over the border issue. A gag order if you will.

Anyways Im sick of it. And I dont care if the Independent I vote for gets into office, but I will have successfully made a statement. Seeing as they count every vote and average them every which way they will notice a drop in Rep votes and realize where they are going. Cuz the dems sure wont be getting too many this next election.

The end result will be a democrat being elected and it will be the fault of people like you. Things dont change at the breakneck speed you want so you abandon what you know is our only chance?

Its hopeless with people with short sight such as you.

Thanks for fucking us.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:06:20 AM EDT

The Republicans should think of that very carefully when they're picking their candidates.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:50:57 AM EDT
Libertarian Party
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:21:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KBaker:
Well, if it's Hillary vs. John McCain, I'll probably staying home and handloading ammo.

My hopes for 2008 are not high.

How can there be two democrats on the same presidential ticket?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:31:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 1:33:47 AM EDT by ZitiForBreakfast]

What hole did you crawl out of?Here, take somemore sleeping pills and go lay down

Seems like a typical dem/ lib thing to start doing (this thread). 2 years out, we have no idea about who at all will win in the primary's, 2 years left in Bush's 2nd term for things to get done (you people killed social security, thanks. I expect you will be fixing it for us) and a president who has brought honor and truth back to an oval office that was filled with lies, death, immoral cheating (yes, I was in Somalia and your King Klinton was getting BJ's while we waited on armor to roll with us).

Sorry voting for an Independant is voting for a Democrat/ Liberal. There is no such thing a 'independant'.

"Oh, I am going to vote on the issue's"....Name be one president other than Reagan and GWB who ran on issues, won, and actually brought those issues out and up again after winning.

[crickets]

Amazing, 2 years out and they are already
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top