Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2011 4:00:52 PM EDT
Lately, the question I keep asking myself is, who am I?
I am surrounded by looters, and yet I find my career modeling Dagny early on...putting incredible mass upon my shoulders so that others will benefit. Frankly, it's time to shrug.

Every time you hear a story about a company laying folks off, there is a staff of people who remain that will take on all the work of the people who were let go. We keep getting more on our plates, rarely accompanied by compensation for the extra work...it just becomes the new expectation...the new normal.

I know....CSB....I'm just sick of being stuck in a rut, producing for people that take it for granted.
Who is John Galt? Well, I can tell you this....he's a guy who wouldn't put up with the things many of us deal with on a daily basis. I think he would roll his eyes in disgust if he spent a day in my shoes. And he'd be right. Time for a career change in the Macro household

For those reading this who have no idea what the hell I am talking about...
Atlas Shrugged article
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
He's that guy.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
what do you do for a living that you carry such a weight?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Macro, one thing to consider about JG is that he was a "Romantic" figure in a book written in romantic style.  

Dagney (Even after being at the gulch) decided to "fight the good fight" and not go on strike with the other productive citizens there.

The only advice I can suggest to you is to keep doing whatever it is you enjoy, take care of your family and try and do everything you

can to end some of the idiocy you see around you.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Mr.Galt just jumped the shark.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
what do you do for a living that you carry such a weight?

I'm a director of operations for an organization that lacks the revenue to sustain itself.
Basically, I work for an executive team that wants filet mignon on a hot dog budget.
Part of me says that the grass must be greener elsewhere, but I'm old enough to know that is rarely the case.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Macro, one thing to consider about JG is that he was a "Romantic" figure in a book written in romantic style.  

Dagney (Even after being at the gulch) decided to "fight the good fight" and not go on strike with the other productive citizens there.

The only advice I can suggest to you is to keep doing whatever it is you enjoy, take care of your family and try and do everything you
can to end some of the idiocy you see around you.  

Thanks...if I have learned one thing it's that family is priority number one. Everything else is temporary.
I don't have any faith that I could ever end the idiocy...but I do hope to leave it behind and seek a new trail to hike on.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya know Dagney liked the Cock, Just Saying
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
most people are happy to have a job, so I don't too many people 'shrugging'
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Been thinking along these lines for awhile.
Why bother.....let the looters have what they want and go live in a cabin in the woods....
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Look under my screen name.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, I'm Sparticus
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
A character in one of the shittiest political screeds, poorly masked as fiction, ever written.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm still reading the book. Please don't spoil it for me. And yeah, she loves the cock. And she gets the cock. Lots.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Ragnar Danneskjold FTW! Galt's a bitch. Real men resort to violence. lol.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#17]
tick tock tick tock....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top