Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:06:50 PM EDT
Was it self inflected or did you make a new friend?

What was going through your mind as you where waiting for medical attention to show up?

ETA: Getting blown up counts too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
do BB's count?

one in my right buttcheek, one in the back of my thigh
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I got grazed in the forearm during Gulf War 1, I was thinking "I ain't got time to bleed" LOL. Didn't hurt much but got a Purple Heart anyway.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My friend shot me with a 20 cal benjimin sheridan pellet gun in the back of the leg when i was in junior high.

It did't go deep and we were able to get it out with pliers.. but there was some blood and a pair of jeans with a hole in them.

While it is not as cool of a story as being shot with a .45, i still say that i've been shot

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
do BB's count?

Only if it was a full power shot...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
do BB's count?

10 pumps.... but that's still no roundhouse kick
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I caught a small caliber round to the shin. Probably no bigger than a .22 or .25. Had a weird looking scar for a while but it's not even noticable.

3 AM I went outside to take a leak and saw some dumbass trying to rip parts off my dad's project car. So being tired and surly yelled "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" Well he turned and took a potshot at me, didn't even realize I'd been hit until after I had called the cops. Can't say it hurt at all. And why the fuck are you asking?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
do BB's count?

I've got one in my right leg just above the knee.  Pretty good shot too. A friend of mine shot me through a keyhole in a door from across the room (he was across the room from the door)  as I was takin' a leak.

Otherwise , I've been shotat a couple of times.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I showed a friend how to "fan" a single action 22. I was standing off to the side while he was trying it. Next thing I know I'm hit. The only thing I can figure is he didn't pull the hammer all the way back. The round(or part of it) came out between the cylinder and barrel and hit me about 4 inches below my nuts. Went through my jeans and barely broke the skin. Hurt like an MF'er! I had huge welts, but never went to the hospital. Since it didn't actually penetrate the skin.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, fragged too.

Got 3 feet o scars...

<------
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I was hit square in the chest with a 9mm.   It just bounced off.  Good thing it wasn't a .45 or I would've been history!  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]
.32 ACP in the trauma plate

.40 FMJ through the right bicep - got pics of that one.

ETA:  First one I was thinking: "WTF....did he just shoot at me?"

Second one: "I am going to beat the ever-living shit out of this guy."

Shot at more times than I can recall atm, but only hits count.

Sheep
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn those silver bullets hurt !(Thialand)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Was it self inflected or did you make a new friend?

What was going through your mind as you where waiting for medical attention to show up?

ETA: Getting blown up counts too.

Shot at, but they missed...

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Dude  burnt his house down for the insurance money.  Left a loaded .22 rifle in it.  I fall through the floor.  As I'm getting pulled out the fire gets to his rifle.  It's pointed at my thigh.  yay!  Actually I didn't know it for about 5 or 10 minutes  Someone else told me I was bleeding.  It was in August and the house was a loss. I'd already made two trips in.  So I threw all my stuff on the ground and decided to lay down n die.  Rook walked over to me and went, "uhm, dusty ur bleedin" all Ron White like.  I looked down and cut my pants open,  Saw a hole n a good bit of blood, THEN I felt it.  BAD.  It's still in there.  I literally got an x-ray, some betadine, a tetinus shot, a band aid and a script for lorcet.  Oooo yay.

ETA do jackets at the range count if they bled?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I never got hit in Iraq but was shot in the finger at the range.

My pointer finger has a nice scar across it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sheep

Show us the pics!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#17]
12 ga to the left side of my face and upper torso. 8's. Luckily it was from a distance, but my dental Xrays are framed at the dentists office. There was one I missed when I was popping them out and its in my chin. Ruined my Oakleys but they served their purpose.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

+1.....also tell us more stories

Show us the pics!

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Just #8 or #7.5 birdshot out of a 12 ga. while dove hunting. Nothing broke the skin but it damn sure stung like hell.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

Show us the pics!

Have to crop my ugly mug out of the others, but this one is best.  Not sure if I still have the pick showing the exit wound.  Took a hunk of tricep with it.

Sheep
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#21]
once......it sucked.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]
had a ricochet 9mm  hit me in the head and stick under the scalp  , rang my bell pretty good  
got it taken out and had a few stiches never did hurt much
of course the fucking TV station called and wanted to do a story  because the ER had to call the sheriff to take a report
told the TV guy to FO
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

Show us the pics!

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Shatner556/7a58c488.jpg

Have to crop my ugly mug out of the others, but this one is best.  Not sure if I still have the pick showing the exit wound.  Took a hunk of tricep with it.

Sheep

Sweet!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I caught the better part (50% or so) of a 115gr FMJ 9mm slug with my left thigh. Also had fragments in my left arm and scalp. Not exactly like being shot by someone, but the larger chunk left a 1/8" or so hole in my skin.

It was a ricochet from shooting steel target plates too close. It honestly didnt hurt very much, with a slight burning sensation after a minute. Bleeding was stopped by direct pressure before I got to the ER, about a ten minute drive... they took a bunch of X-rays, cleaned me up, and sent me home.

Still have the frag in my thigh, it went almost to the bone. Too much trouble to fish that one out, so they left it. A few months later I had the frags in my left arm removed by a doctor... and my ex GF yanked the one out of my scalp when it started to abcess.

ALWAYS pay attention to minimum safe distances. ALWAYS wear eye protection.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sheep

.32ACP FMJ to the face, .38 Special lead roundnose to the thigh.  Still here.  The one to the face hurt a LOT worse.  It put glass fragments into my right eye.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I havent been shot but a gun KB'ed into my face

(this is only a tag)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

.32ACP FMJ to the face, .38 Special lead roundnose to the thigh.  Still here.  The one to the face hurt a LOT worse.  It put glass fragments into my right eye.

In the kisser?  Ow.

And now:

"....it'll put yer eye out, kid!"

Sheep
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I took full power shot from Squatdog.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#29]
A .22 grazed my left shin while shooting, it ricoched off of something on the backstop at the indoor range.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#30]
had a pellet from a shotgun hit me in the head when shooting at a dirt biking helmet. it was 2 3/4 12 ga. dont remeber the load, but it was light. didnt hurt really. i guess that kinda counts.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I caught a piece of the jacket of a .9mm round in the web of my left hand at an indoor range. It burned like a son of a bitch and took a couple of stitches to close. Been shot at a few times, but that was many years ago when I was younger, thinner, and faster, so I was harder to hit!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

We already know about your full power shot from Squatdog...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#34]
tagged and yes
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#35]
22 richocted off a table and hit me in the dead center chest. I saw the gun coming up, went oh sh*t and heard bang, it hit me int he chest and I fell down. Guy ran out the door and one of the waitresses started rendering first-aid and couldn't find a mark, laying on the ground was a perfectly expanded .22 slug.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Been shot at... but not shot.. long story and it was when i was just a punk kid looking for trouble. been stabbed 3 times though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We already know about your full power shot from Squatdog...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/bblake00/A.jpg

Why do you ask, two dogs fucking?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Two 9mm fed hydrashoks to the left thigh. One hit 1" left of my man jewels, the other 5" below that.
1 .22 to the right hip.
Stabbed 3 times. 1st time I took a steel tent stake to the right bicep, that sucked cause it hit the bone... hurt like a mofo.
2nd time I took a ginsu steak knife to the right lower stomach it left a 3" gash in my bladder.
3rd time was multiple stabs with a pen knife, various cuts and punctures in my hands.

I cannot divulge how these incidents took place...
I will say that I have led an interesting and unusual life. Bad guys hate me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
do BB's count?

10 pumps.... but that's still no roundhouse kick

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
.38 in the left thigh/thru the groin/out the right thigh - severed the sciatic nerve and femoral artery in the right leg.

Holy shit! How did you get out of there? Were you shot in the waiting room of a world class trauma center?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.38 in the left thigh/thru the groin/out the right thigh - severed the sciatic nerve and femoral artery in the right leg.

Holy shit! How did you get out of there? Were you shot in the waiting room of a world class trauma center?

yeah +1 Holy crap!! Hitting the Fem artery usually means for shure
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Two 9mm fed hydrashoks to the left thigh. One hit 1" left of my man jewels, the other 5" below that.
1 .22 to the right hip.
Stabbed 3 times. 1st time I took a steel tent stake to the right bicep, that sucked cause it hit the bone... hurt like a mofo.
2nd time I took a ginsu steak knife to the right lower stomach it left a 3" gash in my bladder.
3rd time was multiple stabs with a pen knife, various cuts and punctures in my hands.

I cannot divulge how these incidents took place...
I will say that I have led an interesting and unusual life. Bad guys hate me.

Undercover cop?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#45]
shot in the foot by a .22 hit my big toe split the bone and hurt like hell. it felt like a cross between an electric shock and a hot soldering iron.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#46]
So what was going on in your minds while you where bleeding?  This more towards the guys with a serious GSW.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#48]
.22lr clean through my left foot just below where the ankle meets the shin.  I was 9 so not much in the way of dying went through my mind.  It did hurt like hell and I hit the artery and clean through two bones, not bad.  I was about 100 yards from my house when it happend and I ran half way then hopped the rest and knocked on my damn front door... shock I guess!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#49]
No, but I blow up my hand with a Big Ol Explosive.   It burnt my hand, fractured the bones on my fingers and split the skin open on several.  They where talking about amputation of a couple of the fingers, but I talk them out of it by checking myself out of the hospital AMA.  Hurt like crap!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Shot at a couple times. Hit once in the leg.

It hurt and left a little scar, but was nothing compared to what some of these guys have been through.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top