Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2001 9:48:02 PM EDT
the best I have found so far is $39.97 for both the shirt and pants. Tell me what you have found
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Join the Army, get em for free!

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Aviator  
View Quote

I remember how mad I was
when I first found
that out.
Nothing was free in the Suck.

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't buy anything from Sportsmans Guide that says "style" (such as "military style") in the product description. It is a very cheap knockoff probably made in China.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

If the ground war starts it's the Marines for me. If I had to go in to one when they was no conflict then it would be the Army.

They have a much better job choose then the Marines. Can you belive about in May the Marines had the grunt position closed. I tried to join then but they wanted to place me as a cook and I said no way in hell.

But if the few PD and FD that I'm trying for don't workout or the draft is instated then I'm there all the way.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't buy anything from Sportsmans Guide that says "style" (such as "military style") in the product description. It is a very cheap knockoff probably made in China.
View Quote

These ones are from Major Surplus & Survival
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok. The ones from Major should be ok. They are made in the Dominican Republic. I was told that is one of the places where the GI BDU's are being made now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the heavier
Woodland 52% Nylon 48% cotton.
They don't rip in the first place.

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine were made at

U.S. SBA
Edgar Industries

and
S.E.
Kentucky Rehabilitation Industries.

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Best place for cheap USGI BDU's is Ebay and Sportsmans Guide.

For off shore commercial BDU's from Propper go to www.lightfighter.com
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:43:05 AM EDT
[#11]
all my stuff is from Propper at a local AS store.  Very good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#12]
in canada you can get "el cheapo grande" bdu's for $15 for pants and $15 for shirt. these are the crappy ones though, you have to look throuhg a big pile, the good ones are $25 each. they are the canadian green colour, not woodland. i would only recomend the cheap as extreme beater's or for ghilles.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#13]
It all depends on what you want them for.  If you want cheap BDU's that will probably get torn up, get whatever.  If you want excellent quality BDU's that will last, get some from Propper.  They make the best quality BDU I have seen.  Too many times I have ordered BDU's only to get clothing which has had ALOT of corners cut.  Stiching crooked, buttons not sewn correctly, cuff tie missing, stitching starts coming loose shortly after the first wash, etc.  Propper is the way to go.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Try doing a search for Brigade Quatermaster. I think the web site is .  Sometimes they have good deals on irregulars and the irregular part does not effect function only appearance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top