Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2003 11:08:19 AM EDT
What brand do you have and how does it work?
As it cycles through the CDs does it take a long time?
I would image having to handle 300-400 CDs is a lot of weight and work for a piece electronic equipment to have to move around. Have you had many manufacture defects or a lot of breakdowns?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I have Sony that holds 200 DVD/CDs. Dont recall the model number as i am at work but we have had it for 2 years now and LOVE it! THere is 150+ DVDs and the rest cds. You load them in and forget about it. To cycle thru them doesnt take long and from one disk to the other is just 5 or 6 seconds. You dont have to handle the disks so they stay clean and undamaged. You load them in on a carasel(sp?) that holds them vertically. That means that the disks surface seldom gets touched by anything only the edges.

The onscreen menu makes it easy to find what you want and make changes.

We havent had a single trouble with it since new and it is used almost daily.

Buy an extended warrenty when you get it and  enjoy!
CH

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had a 400 disc sony for 2 yrs...no problems.

I had the same concern...lots of moving parts, lots to go wrong.  So far though, its been bulletproof.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Pioneer PD-F1009 300+1 changer.  Works like a champ.  No problems in a couple of years of hard use.

[url]http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4147_35909,00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent[/url]

I really haven't used it in the past year since I've ripped everything to MP3's and put them on my network.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top