Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 8:09:41 AM EDT
Now that I have my country house going I want to have an outdoor shower behind my carport. I need ideas on how to go about this. This will be cold water only. Post pics if you have any and extra internet cookies if your better half is included(females only better half, no domistic partners please)
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I get free shower each time it rains.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#2]
cold water only showers get old fast

plumb it for hot too, and dont use hot if you dont want to

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one out by the stables.  I just built an enclosure out of fence pickets and 2x4's and hung a shower nozzle from a hose.  6'x5' concrete pad and a  lawn chair for your clothes.

Took all of an hour to build.

"Cold" water here isn't really "cold".  More like "slightly lower than "hot"
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#4]
we had one at our line camp... Ran water through coils that were heated by the wood stove.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

cold water only showers get old fast

plumb it for hot too, and dont use hot if you dont want to

This is a FACT.

We have one at the cabin, and I am going to build one at my house when I build new Garage. Nice for when done working in the yard.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 on cold gets old.
I added one to the outside of the wall of the garage where the washer/dryer is.
PT 1x6s, 2x4s, 4x4 corner posts, galvanized hinges, exposed copper piping, lifetime deck screws ...
all sitting on 6 - 2' x2' concrete pavers.
Have a latch that works in the wind so banging door doesn't wake you up at the worst time.
I plumbed it into the small WH that feeds the washer. That way, I can swap the 220v element for a 110 volt and run it off the EU2000 generator post-hurricane.
FWIW ... the biggest shower head doesn't always spray the best.  

Stay safe
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Pics?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one at my previous house.  It was great.  I had hot and cold water and used it year round.  I rarely took a shower inside.  

It was about 6' X 8'.  4" X4" posts with 2" X 4"s between them.  I covered the sides with some leftover roofing tin.  

The house had a detached garage.  The back porch connected the two structures and the shower was on the porch backed up against the garage.

I miss it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#9]
We have one at our beach house. Hot water is provided by a solar heated tank. Paint the tank black and in the afternoon on a sunny day the water is very HOT!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got 50' of garden hose with a shower head nozzel!

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I had one until this past winter.Previous owner ran galvanized pipe into a nice shut off vavle then went to PVC for the rest.Lowest section of PVC froze even though wrapped and split.I thought no biggie except the idiot massively glued the pvc bushing transition to the galvanized shutoff.Pain in the ass so I have ignored it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#13]
If not at the beach, why?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If not at the beach, why?

Ever spend time working in a stable in 104 degree heat? No outdoor shower means the wife won't let me back in the house.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got one built into the side of my new RV. I don't have one at my house though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Added one to a 350k house I just built for a client. Hot/Cold with drain down valves in the Utility Room of the basement.  Slick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top