Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2001 10:02:56 AM EDT
The more I read about preban and postbans the more I'm convinced that it is almost impossible for you to get caught modifying your post ban.

Nobody knows what is or isn't legal.  Most gun stores and cops don't even know.

And how can the cops tell if they need to run the serial number to find out when it was made.

Throw on top of that the "legal clone features" like look a like flash supressors, look a like stocks, etc. etc.

Plus who the heck checks guns anyway?  Name one situation where your gun would be taken and checked out if you weren't already breaking the law?  I'm sure there are some, but I can't think of any.

Now don't get me wrong, the last thing I need or want are grenade launchers, bayonettes or even flash supressors, but it doesn't seem like anyone would ever get caught or care.  Do the cops really want to bust some guy with a flash suppressor?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont believe that there have been many convictions reguarding pre ban stuff on post ban lowers and you may never have a problem, however it is not worth the risk.  [heavy]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Check this link for some possible explanations:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=20700#lastPost[/url]

[heavy]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top