Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/8/2003 7:11:36 AM EDT
I wouldn't put it past the slimy bastard to have orchestrated these killings jssut to undermine and discredit his own "prime minister" That man will do ANYTHING to hold on to power. On the other hand, I'm willing to believe that groups like Hamas did it on their own to demonstrate how ungrateful they are, and how unwilling they are to accept any agreements made with Sharon. What do you think?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:31:32 AM EDT
I think it's the same old, same old, with groups like Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the Al Qosa Martyrs Brigade doing what they do best....murdering innocent people and behaving like the beasts they are. They don't want peace. The new prime minister doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of ever securing peace. While his efforts may be genuine, he isn't in control at all. The only way to ever achieve peace is if this new guy forms his own army and kills every last one of these vermin and jails the survivors. Then, maybe. -Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:48:52 AM EDT
His thunder is being stolen, and he can't stand it. He needs to shave and wear a suit. Bilster
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:58:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle: I think it's the same old, same old, with groups like Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the Al Qosa Martyrs Brigade doing what they do best....murdering innocent people and behaving like the beasts they are. They don't want peace. The new prime minister doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of ever securing peace. While his efforts may be genuine, he isn't in control at all. The only way to ever achieve peace is if this new guy forms his own army and kills every last one of these vermin and jails the survivors. Then, maybe. -Charging Handle
View Quote
Amen I say the U.S. should back the hell out and let the Isrealis do what they need to do. Drive the Palastinians from the territories. Claim the territories as soverign Isreal. And tell their Arab neighbors to kiss their ass. And no they don't need our help and if they do I'm sure they'll call. If the U.S.would take the leash off Isreal, they would have this handled in a matter of months This is all just prolonged silliness, The fact is there will never be peace between the Jews and the Arabs, so why try? The world needs to step back and let them fight !
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:28:16 AM EDT
It's the same old story. Israelis concede land, accept and recognize a Palestinian state as a condition of peace, willing to work with an support such a state, remove troops from occupied areas as a gesture of good will. All the Arabs are willing to do is promise to stop terrorism. They refuse to recognize Israel's right to exist, they wont concede an inch on the Palestinian right of return (massive influx of the descendents of Arabs who voluntarily left Israel prior to Israel's independence; which would basically be suicide on Israel's part), they wont accept anything less than total control of Jerusalem and the Golan Heights, too. These aren't just Arafat's terms either. This is the position of all the Arab states, and they're unwilling to comprimise or negotiate. I dont know how anyone can expect these peace conferences to accomplish anything when one party is so uncooperative and negotiates in bad faith.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:30:11 AM EDT
Oh, grow up.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:32:41 AM EDT
I'm with sckoyrsht, let's let them get it on. USA can mop up the blood if it doesn't go like we want. They will never agree to peace.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:38:29 AM EDT
You are correct, of course. Arafat is totally behind this and all other bombings. It's all he knows. He will never change until he busts his nose on the back wall of hell. It amazes me that there are still people in the world that think that giving the Palestinians recognition and land will stop the terror. Nothing will stop it except total defeat and removal from Jewish land. "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war."
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:15:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:25:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DK-Prof: What do you think?
View Quote
I think they need to gaze upon the face of "allah".. In Person!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:02:37 PM EDT
Only time will tell about arafat...He can't live forever. Where is Cancer now that we need it!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:05:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By W-W: Only time will tell about arafat...He can't live forever. Where is Cancer now that we need it!
View Quote
Would that it was jusrt Arafat. Recent polling among the Arabs in the territories and Gaza indicates that 2/3 of the population there won't be happy until Israel is wiped out. Hardly the basis for a "two peaceful states" solution. My hunch is that the 1/3 who did see the possibility for peace there with a viable Israel, and a viable Palestine, contained the bulk of the Christian Arabs in the area. Have no hard data to support the notion, but do know that the Christians in the region have never been as violently anti Israel as the Muslims; and are essentially a zero percent component of the terrorist groups.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:31:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sylvan: To the arabs' credit; At least this time they targeted soldiers and not civilians. I just wish the world would acknoledge that the arabs and jews are at war and let each side conduct themselves accordingly. the arabs have freedom of action while the israelis are hamstrung by the fucking UN and europeans (but I repeat myself)
View Quote
Can you explain how the Israelis are hamstrung by the UN? Israel has ignored every UN resolution from the General Assemby (rightfully so), and has no worries about the Security Council because the U.S. will veto any anti-Israel resolution. What exactly are you talking about? I see the Israelis as mostly hamstrung by themselves and thier own decency, in that they simply do not want to resort to the kind of strategies that the palestinian terrorists are willing to stoop to.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:01:41 PM EDT
Time for more helo rocket attacks and cell phone bombs.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:16:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/8/2003 4:12:37 PM EDT by nightstalker]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof: I wouldn't put it past the slimy bastard to have orchestrated these killings jssut to undermine and discredit his own "prime minister" That man will do ANYTHING to hold on to power. On the other hand, I'm willing to believe that groups like Hamas did it on their own to demonstrate how ungrateful they are, and how unwilling they are to accept any agreements made with Sharon. What do you think?
View Quote
Nasser, the great Arab hope, bit the dust against the Isrealis but this was what they wanted, a Strong-Man type unifier. Sadat went the peace route and got his red card from his own people. Nothing's changed.
Top Top