Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2002 5:05:14 PM EDT
Anyone besides me? Everyone I know unfortunately is opposed to firearms, even the family. Find myself shooting with no one to witness my 1/2 moa @ 100 yards other than my dog. I live in the North where it's pretty darn liberal. Spend most of my time outdoors by myself cause here in yuppie land they all sit in the coffee shops and talk about the market. Oh yeah, I'm single. Kind of hard to meet chicks when you're out fighting off the wood ticks!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you looking for a cyber-buddy? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Move on down here and Join In.  Range I go to there are always chicks trolling for guys.  Easy to start up a conversation and plenty of family activity.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey I am the definition of lone wolf. Absolutely no one but me, well except for the dog & the parakeet but they don't exactly share my love of the shooting sports.

Edited to say we should start a lone wolf society here on AR15!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to be.  I'd jump in my jeep every Sat or Sun morning, throw in a couple of pistols and head out to the desert of southern new mexico all by my self while the wife slept late.  Now I've got 3 boys, any of which love to go along with me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah but see you had a wife so you were never truly a lone wolf!

Upper Minnesota
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in a similar situation, but fortunately I don't have any overt opposition to firearms or any of my other hobbies.

However, I do most everything alone.  I do what pleases me when it pleases me.  It's not always the best situation, but at least I'm peaceful and complacent.

I'm a lone "something".  'Just don't know what, yet.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I am in the same boat, none of my friends are anti gun, but none of them care about guns, or know anything about them.. It sucks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Most times the "odd man" (someone with no wife, kids, family or other close associates) is assigned to do certain tasks that those who have attachments mentioned above might hesitate or even refuse to complete.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are you looking for a cyber-buddy? [:D]
View Quote

OK, I hate to hijack this post. But I got to know.

More_Cowbell, did you get your name from that SNL skit with Christopher Walken and Will Farrel? If so that is fucking funny! One of my all time favorite skits. If not....

....then nevermind.

"I've got a fever. And the only cure is more cowbell!"
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I know after I got home from the AF and had quit the drinking thing the old gang just sorta vamoosed. Just as well because most of them either ended up dead or in the pokey. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone besides me? Everyone I know unfortunately is opposed to firearms, even the family. Find myself shooting with no one to witness my 1/2 moa @ 100 yards other than my dog. I live in the North where it's pretty darn liberal. Spend most of my time outdoors by myself cause here in yuppie land they all sit in the coffee shops and talk about the market. Oh yeah, I'm single. Kind of hard to meet chicks when you're out fighting off the wood ticks!
View Quote

Hate to tell you this dude but even your dog did not give a shit about your 1/2 moa @ 100 yards.... maybe if you wiped peanut butter on your balls your dog would care...but otherwise I would say that your fucked....

Regards,

Joe
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#16]
One type of person the Alphabet Org's can never get a handle on is the "loner". They have infiltrated all patriot groups and know who runs what. They have profiles on many people, but they don't know who all the loners are. Now here's a thread that wants to help them find out who they are. Are you for real? May I suggest you delete this thread.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

More_Cowbell, did you get your name from that SNL skit with Christopher Walken and Will Farrel? If so that is fucking funny! One of my all time favorite skits. If not....

View Quote

WTF are you talking about? [>:/]
j/k, you're right.  That's where it's from
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's to the lone wolfs; awwwoooo

I had some people who were friends when I was in college. Then I got a job, and hence income, and started buying "toys". Rapidly found out that they were in reality "so called" friends since they don't come around anymore because they fear the black rifle.

The hermit life is better any way. Lots of time to concentrate on self improvement.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Move on down here and Join In.  Range I go to there are always chicks trolling for guys.  Easy to start up a conversation and plenty of family activity.

View Quote

Where do you live?  What range do you go to?  The only times that I have ever seen a "chick" at the range was the one that I brought with me.  I live in the North Dallas area.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF are you talking about? [>:/]
j/k, you're right.  That's where it's from
View Quote

NICE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Many of my shooting buddies have moved on to other hobbies, but I am still good friends with them.
So I am usually the lone wolf shooting since they don't have the same passion to go every weekend like me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Check your mail.

How far "Up North" are you? I'm in the Cities, but I'm a roadtrip monster.

I wouldnt mind shooting a 100 yard range...Consistant hole-in-a-hole @50 yards gets kinda boring after awhile!

Well, you know what I mean!

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
One type of person the Alphabet Org's can never get a handle on is the "loner". They have infiltrated all patriot groups and know who runs what. They have profiles on many people, but they don't know who all the loners are. Now here's a thread that wants to help them find out who they are. Are you for real? May I suggest you delete this thread.
View Quote

Hey...That's profiling...Isn't that illegal?

LOL

The boys would be better-off watching Islamic chat rooms on AOL. Dont'cha think?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top