Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/30/2006 7:12:42 AM EST
How did you like it?
(For those who clicked here and dont know what we are talking about go here)

It was not at ALL what I was expecting. But I liked it very much. It seemed to have such common sense for lack of a better word. Surprisingly not PC, not sugar coated kind of like a modernised version of the original, unedited Grimms Fairy Tales or Swift's Gullivers Travels

I also just finished the first of the translations of the original novel series. Even though its a kids book the seriousness of the concepts was impressive.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:16:52 AM EST
I thought it was very good as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:34:56 AM EST
The first episode was only so-so. But the second episode, with the slave traders. THAT got me hooked.

I have been watching anime for years, and they have filmed a lot of things that Americans would not have touched. But I still could not beleve that they filmed that story in what is still basically a "kids" show.

When Kino executed that last slaver- even though he was flat on the ground with a dead body on top of him and Kino's foot on his gun hand- it reminded me of the first time I saw the Magnum PI episode where he shot Ivan back when I was a grade schooler. I didn't think anyone would make something like that again.
Top Top