Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 3:58:09 AM EDT
Who do you use a MD or a DO ?

Which you feel gives better medical service? And what is the difference? I use a MD, since that is who we mostly have in my area.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I go to a D.O. He is a great doc but he is conservative. He doesn't just hand out scrips unless he knows the pathophysiology behind whats causing my ailment. He likes to run a lot of tests, luckily I have good insurance.

AFAIK the difference is that D.O's are supposed to take a more homeopathic approach but really the difference is minimal.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#2]
M.D.

Not a random hander-outer of 'scripts either.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't really matter in this day and age.  The AMA (that's the MD national group) did a study in headed up by John Cline (the then AMA president) that found there was no significant differences between allo/osteo educational programs and this was way back in 1953
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:14:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I go to an MD, but I usually see ask to see the PA because she's hawt
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:46:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Oftentimes, if you want your physician to spend more time with you, you should go to a PA. I've found that many of them are able to visit with the patient longer, and provide commensurate trx as compared to a doc.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Generally, my family and I use a Nurse- practitioner. Great service and she knows the names of my children. She works a local Dr's office.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It doesn't really matter in this day and age.  The AMA (that's the MD national group) did a study in headed up by John Cline (the then AMA president) that found there was no significant differences between allo/osteo educational programs and this was way back in 1953

+1000
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top