Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 4:36:30 PM EDT
According to the Navy Gateway policy:

* Armed Forces and Reserve Component members in a non-duty status and their family
members. *Exception where Status of Forces Agreement takes precedence.
* U.S. DoD civilians on PCS and their family members in the Continental United States
* U.S. DoD civilians in a non-duty status and their accompanying family members
* Non-military uniformed personnel of the U.S. Public Health Service and National Oceanic
and Atmospheric Administration, and foreign military personnel in a duty status, when
authorized by the installation Commander
* Armed Forces retirees who retired from active duty and their family members. Retired
Reserve Component members with pay and retired without pay and their family members.
* Un-remarried surviving spouses of personnel who died while on active duty or while in retired
status and un-remarried former spouses who were married to military members for at least
20 years while the military member was on active duty to the Armed Forces
* Relatives and guests of Armed Forces members assigned to the installation

I ETS'ed from the Army last month and am currently in the process of enlisting in the AF, so I'm technically a civilian. How strict are they when it comes to Space-A regulations? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
According to the Navy Gateway policy:

* Armed Forces and Reserve Component members in a non-duty status and their family
members. *Exception where Status of Forces Agreement takes precedence.
* U.S. DoD civilians on PCS and their family members in the Continental United States
* U.S. DoD civilians in a non-duty status and their accompanying family members
* Non-military uniformed personnel of the U.S. Public Health Service and National Oceanic
and Atmospheric Administration, and foreign military personnel in a duty status, when
authorized by the installation Commander
* Armed Forces retirees who retired from active duty and their family members. Retired
Reserve Component members with pay and retired without pay and their family members.
* Un-remarried surviving spouses of personnel who died while on active duty or while in retired
status and un-remarried former spouses who were married to military members for at least
20 years while the military member was on active duty to the Armed Forces
* Relatives and guests of Armed Forces members assigned to the installation

I ETS'ed from the Army last month and am currently in the process of enlisting in the AF, so I'm technically a civilian. How strict are they when it comes to Space-A regulations? Thanks.
If you dont have a DOD ID card..very strict....Space A is just that even with an ID card...people on TDY and offical orders get priority....if they have a room for the night left over, you might get it...you should always call and plan to pay for a room off post if not on orders.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you dont have a DOD ID card..very strict....Space A is just that even with an ID card...people on TDY and offical orders get priority....if they have a room for the night left over, you might get it...you should always call and plan to pay for a room off post if not on orders.
[/quote]

I should clarify - I intend on paying for the room. It's just that $40/night is way cheaper than the $130/night hotels in the area are charging. Considering the last bullet regarding "Relatives and guests" makes me think you can get Space-A without an ID card. I'm just wondering if they would let me slide since I'm technically not retired, rather recently separated.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you get an IRR ID card? Should be good to go if so. They run them just like hotels.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did you get an IRR ID card? Should be good to go if so. They run them just like hotels.

Nope, because I haven't even received my discharge paper yet (NG, go figure). So all I have now is an expired mil ID. Once I get my dates confirmed I should give them a call and ask myself.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, because I haven't even received my discharge paper yet (NG, go figure). So all I have now is an expired mil ID. Once I get my dates confirmed I should give them a call and ask myself.
You have to have a "Current" dod issued mlitary type ID for space "A" quarters/lodging ..expired isnt going to cut it...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top