Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/30/2011 4:36:30 PM EDT
According to the Navy Gateway policy:

* Armed Forces and Reserve Component members in a non-duty status and their family
members. *Exception where Status of Forces Agreement takes precedence.
* U.S. DoD civilians on PCS and their family members in the Continental United States
* U.S. DoD civilians in a non-duty status and their accompanying family members
* Non-military uniformed personnel of the U.S. Public Health Service and National Oceanic
and Atmospheric Administration, and foreign military personnel in a duty status, when
authorized by the installation Commander
* Armed Forces retirees who retired from active duty and their family members. Retired
Reserve Component members with pay and retired without pay and their family members.
* Un-remarried surviving spouses of personnel who died while on active duty or while in retired
status and un-remarried former spouses who were married to military members for at least
20 years while the military member was on active duty to the Armed Forces
* Relatives and guests of Armed Forces members assigned to the installation

I ETS'ed from the Army last month and am currently in the process of enlisting in the AF, so I'm technically a civilian. How strict are they when it comes to Space-A regulations? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:40:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By foogoo:
According to the Navy Gateway policy:

* Armed Forces and Reserve Component members in a non-duty status and their family
members. *Exception where Status of Forces Agreement takes precedence.
* U.S. DoD civilians on PCS and their family members in the Continental United States
* U.S. DoD civilians in a non-duty status and their accompanying family members
* Non-military uniformed personnel of the U.S. Public Health Service and National Oceanic
and Atmospheric Administration, and foreign military personnel in a duty status, when
authorized by the installation Commander
* Armed Forces retirees who retired from active duty and their family members. Retired
Reserve Component members with pay and retired without pay and their family members.
* Un-remarried surviving spouses of personnel who died while on active duty or while in retired
status and un-remarried former spouses who were married to military members for at least
20 years while the military member was on active duty to the Armed Forces
* Relatives and guests of Armed Forces members assigned to the installation

I ETS'ed from the Army last month and am currently in the process of enlisting in the AF, so I'm technically a civilian. How strict are they when it comes to Space-A regulations? Thanks.
If you dont have a DOD ID card..very strict....Space A is just that even with an ID card...people on TDY and offical orders get priority....if they have a room for the night left over, you might get it...you should always call and plan to pay for a room off post if not on orders.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:22:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 161Infantry:
If you dont have a DOD ID card..very strict....Space A is just that even with an ID card...people on TDY and offical orders get priority....if they have a room for the night left over, you might get it...you should always call and plan to pay for a room off post if not on orders.
[/quote]

I should clarify - I intend on paying for the room. It's just that $40/night is way cheaper than the $130/night hotels in the area are charging. Considering the last bullet regarding "Relatives and guests" makes me think you can get Space-A without an ID card. I'm just wondering if they would let me slide since I'm technically not retired, rather recently separated.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:28:02 PM EDT
Did you get an IRR ID card? Should be good to go if so. They run them just like hotels.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:40:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TXGunnersM8:
Did you get an IRR ID card? Should be good to go if so. They run them just like hotels.

Nope, because I haven't even received my discharge paper yet (NG, go figure). So all I have now is an expired mil ID. Once I get my dates confirmed I should give them a call and ask myself.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:52:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By foogoo:
Originally Posted By TXGunnersM8:

Nope, because I haven't even received my discharge paper yet (NG, go figure). So all I have now is an expired mil ID. Once I get my dates confirmed I should give them a call and ask myself.
You have to have a "Current" dod issued mlitary type ID for space "A" quarters/lodging ..expired isnt going to cut it...

Top Top