Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2004 12:33:04 PM EST
They* are declaring "states of emergency" all around western PA due to flooding, and it occured to me that I have not seen the official rules for declaring a "state of emergency" at ARFCOM (due to hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, spamming etc.) and just who, and by that I mean "whom", except without the m, can declare said state of emergency?

So who can declare this, and what happens then? Are moderating powers temporarily put on hold until the source of the alarm can be accurately ascertained? Does this quiet, civil place, become a maelstrom of electronic chaos? Do we have a plan? Is it ISO9000 compliant?

Serious replies only.

*whoever "they" are...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:36:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 12:40:53 PM EST by motown_steve]
Edit - I edited my response because I re-read your post and found it to be stupid.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:39:00 PM EST
When Goatboy declares martial law all the weapons forums stay open while evrything else gets a curfew.

This is a firearms website.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:39:23 PM EST
I'm a fire chief and have a role in emergency management. If ya'll ever get desperate, give me a call. LOL. We'll make some sort of declaration.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:39:36 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:39:50 PM EST
in real life the governor, on here I believe that would be Goatboy, or one of the senior staff. otherwise it's just tinfoil hat talk.

by the way, I've got a boat I could sell you if it gets bad.

j/k, stay high and stay dry, and be safe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:43:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By Striker:
We don't declare a State of Emergency.
we just go to FA or Pre-Ban when the power goes out.

Look! A Canadian! We've been invaded! Is this "raison d'etre" (French for "Free Quebec!") enough to hit the emergency sireen? Heck, next thing we'll have Europeans and lawyers crawling all over the site.

Thank you border security,
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:48:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:51:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By Paul:
There are a few of us with hot lines to the commissioner - who has the infamous goat signal.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=8640

Hahahahahahah
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:53:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:16:15 PM EST

We have Europeans,Italians,Aussies and plenty of lawyers here already & this Canuck "invaded" arfcom approx 5 years ago!

WHAT???

I think we can all agree that is enough reason to institute a DEFCON VII double-secret State of Emergency*

*this qualifies all posters in this thread for low-interest loans
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:17:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 4:18:55 PM EST by vito113]

Originally Posted By Merrell:

We don't declare a State of Emergency.
we just go to FA or Pre-Ban when the power goes out.

Look! A Canadian! We've been invaded! Is this "raison d'etre" (French for "Free Quebec!") enough to hit the emergency sireen? Heck, next thing we'll have Europeans and lawyers crawling all over the site.

Thank you border security,

Token European Member checking in…

… however I belive we have no French Members on this board

Andy
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:23:59 PM EST
Thank goodness for the UK. You brave souls serve as a Distant Early Warning line against French skullduggery.

I don't know how you guys do it, the mere thought of being seperated only by a narrow channel from a country infested by mimes, non-bathing arrogant asshats, and women with shrubberies under their arms, is most unsettling.

God Bless the UK and continued strength in keeping the Gallic scourge at bay!

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:31:10 PM EST
It's a tough job keeping the Frog Eaters at bay, but we know our duty to preserve the English language and the use of soap means we must prevail… we've been fighting them since the 12th Century and keep beating them…

An English Archer prepares to slit a French knights throat at the Battle of Agincourt

Andy
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:52:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 11:53:30 PM EST by M4-CQBR]
Top Top