Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 7:22:26 PM EDT
I will be writing to my elected officials to request an inquiry. Do we know exactly authorized the firearms confiscation in NO? Was it local officials or Federal?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Each and every "citizen" who turned them over!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Had to be the Governor.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Benedict Arnold
Aldrich Ames
Alger Hiss
Ethel and Julius Rosenberg
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
These people that give thier guns to the cops are STUPID. They have no right to come and take your weopons,now the looters,that have guns,can have their way with them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Had to be the Governor.

or Mayor likely both.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I seen the mayor saying it on CNN.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Had to be the Governor.

or Mayor likely both.

I don’t think they are talking right now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I will be writing to my elected officials to request an inquiry. Do we know exactly authorized the firearms confiscation in NO? Was it local officials or Federal?

Certainly it was some worthless scum that was either

a) not born in this country
b) thinks their intellectual skills will lead them out of this crisis
c) has been anti-gun for a long time and finally got their opportunity to bypass the legal system

I hope all the a-holes trying to enforce this get the bullets first.  Man that would be true justice.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#9]

I'm guessing mayor, because that guy is a complete numbskull.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Its even more stupidity from him.  He actually made an intelligent move trashing Blanco the other day and now this.  He was actually moving down on everyones shitlist for a while thier.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#11]
The Governor is too scared of her own shadow to give legal orders, much less illegal ones. It had to be that moron, errr mayor.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don’t think the Governor is smart enough to be a numbskull. Before this is over she will be luck if they don’t burn her at the stake.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The Governor is too scared of her own shadow to give legal orders, much less illegal ones. It had to be that moron, errr mayor.

Yes, but the masses have to know the order is illegal, and if they do they do they have to care.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#14]
give?
the video I saw had the home owners cuffed
I guess if by give you mean "didn't shoot the cops" then give would be the right word
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
These people that give thier guns to the cops are STUPID. They have no right to come and take your weopons,now the looters,that have guns,can have their way with them.

Are you prepared to take on battle hardened soldiers from Iraq/Afghanistan with your wife and children an earshot away. Not me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#16]
yea
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

DK, I think you are giving that liberal ass weasel too much credit
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#18]
c'mon people, who does NG take orders from? What is the specific chain of command? Same for LEO assigned to the area.

Of all the places on the net, this place should be able to sort this out.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you prepared to take on battle hardened soldiers from Iraq/Afghanistan with your wife and children an earshot away. Not me.

The NOPD is battle hardened troops from Iraq?  The LA National guard are gut stomping hard-asses just back from battle?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you think we would expect from a pussy from Kommifornia.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The NOPD is battle hardened troops from Iraq?  The LA National guard are gut stomping hard-asses just back from battle?

No. But the Ohio NG are.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#22]
P. Edwin Compass, the superintendent of police. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons," he said.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
c'mon people, who does NG take orders from? What is the specific chain of command? Same for LEO assigned to the area.

Of all the places on the net, this place should be able to sort this out.

Based on what I saw the NOPD is leading the taking of firearms and  that would indicate the Mayor or the police chief or both.  So is the NG operating under the direction of the Mayor in New Orleans?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Had to be the Governor.

The Louisiana National Guard takes their orders from the Governor.

The NOPD takes their orders from the Police Commissioner.

The Police Commissioner takes his orders from the Mayor.

Since both NOPD and LNG appear to be involved in this confiscation (there still seems to be some disagreement as to which states NG's are actually participating), I would think both Governor and Mayor would have had to issue a joint order.

But that's in a world where things like "proper chain of command" and "The Constitution" actually mean something, which is clearly not the case in New Orleans right now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Once the dust has settled, the people responsible need to be held accountable.  Hopefully this can be done politically and through public pressure, but even if it cannot, they need to be held accountable regardless, through whatever means are available.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Once the dust has settled, the people responsible need to be held accountable.  

Don't hold your breath. Even if anyone in the government was interested in the second amendement, they would be too busy either bashing or defending Bush to give a damn about a few hold outs having their guns taken away from them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I would be hard pressed to hand over my stuff.
Even if it ment

wolf
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I would be hard pressed to hand over my stuff.
Even if it ment

wolf

Exactly.  Just how the hell are they going to keep track of a collection, pay for lost (read confiscated or sticky fingerd) damaged weaponry.

naw, fuck that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:33:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Once the dust has settled, the people responsible need to be held accountable.  

Don't hold your breath. Even if anyone in the government was interested in the second amendement, they would be too busy either bashing or defending Bush to give a damn about a few hold outs having their guns taken away from them.

Well yeah, that's why the people can't leave it to the government to hold itself accountable.  Those responsible need to be voted out and have their lives ruined as they have helped ruin the lives of others.  Barring that, I'm not really willing to talk about more direct action on an internet board.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:49:01 AM EDT
[#30]
you know, our fore-fathers would tear down and destroy the houses of the local governors/tax collectors etc whenever they enforced a mandate of the King.

can you just imagine if a mob of Patriots physically torn down the house of a elected official?

Now I would watch that for sure (or join in, what ever comes first)

Now, where is my Native Indian make-up kit?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone have any links to stories on this??

I only heard that police were "asking" people to give them guns to protect the police while on duty.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:02:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Anyone have any links to stories on this??

I only heard that police were "asking" people to give them guns to protect the police while on duty.

No one was "asking" that I saw on the news last night. They were forcing citizens to surrender their weapons. This still is the USA isn't it???
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:04:45 AM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
P. Edwin Compass, the superintendent of police. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons," he said.

Typical cop.  I've still never met one that's pro-gun.  I turned 77 last week, so I may never meet one.z
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:13:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#36]
A large portion of the Louisiana Guard have already done an Iraq tour. I remember reading about  (and seeing photos of) their Mardis Gras party in Anaconda when I was in Mosul.

CalGuard are participating in this confiscation business as well: KCBS (Local radio) has a reporter tagging along with a Cal unit. They haven't had any fights or need to arrest people so far, though they are taking their time over it and only hitting about 40 people a day. (Their CO is a therapist, might account for the success in resolving things peacefully)

NTM
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#37]
The National Guard are worse than the Looters.

Taking a tv from walmart won't kill anyone.   Disarming a law abiding citizen might.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#38]
"Once the dust has settled, the people responsible need to be held accountable. Hopefully this can be done politically and through public pressure, but even if it cannot, they need to be held accountable regardless, through whatever means are available."

I agree, hopefully sooner than later.  Then again, ever hear about a place called Waco?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#39]
I don't know, therefore I blame George W. Bush!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#40]

"Once the dust has settled, the people responsible need to be held accountable. Hopefully this can be done politically and through public pressure, but even if it cannot, they need to be held accountable regardless, through whatever means are available."?

Waco

Ruby Ridge

Bonus Marchers

TANJ - There Ain't No Justice.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you think we would expect from a pussy from Kommifornia.

You are new here,but it does not justify your insulting other members.

Consider this your warning,rather that an account lock informing you that this behavior toward other members is not tolerated.

He may have gone about it the wrong way but his point is valid, and thanks for not llocking the thread but,
To hear this on a PRO-Gun board shows why we are losing our 2A rights
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#42]
WHERE IS THE LINK ADDRESSING THE CONFISCATION OF FIREARMS IN NEW ORLEANS?
SORRY THIS IS IN CAPS, BUT I'M FRUSTRATED AS ALL I FIND ARE THREADS ADDRESSING IT WITHOUT THE ACTUAL NEWS ARTICLE.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
SORRY THIS IS IN CAPS, BUT I'M FRUSTRATED AS ALL I FIND ARE THREADS ADDRESSING IT WITHOUT THE ACTUAL NEWS ARTICLE.

GOOGLE MUTHERFUCKER!!!

Articals are posted all over this board. And on news websites. Exercise some initiative and search for the info.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GOOGLE MUTHERFUCKER!!!

Articals are posted all over this board. And on news websites. Exercise some initiative and search for the info.

UM MUTHERFUCKER.......If I'm gonna sit here and read hysterical doom and gloom responses, I'd like to see the EXACT articles being referenced!
BTW I've all over this board, and didn't find one link to the topic!
After all, this wouldn't be the first incident of the tinfoil hat wearing, JBT hating commandos of the 82nd KEYBOARD DIVISION screeching over nothing verified!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Wonder where all these stolen guns will end up?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GOOGLE MUTHERFUCKER!!!

UM MUTHERFUCKER.......If I'm gonna sit here and read hysterical doom and gloom responses, I'd like to see the EXACT articles being referenced!
BTW I've all over this board, and didn't find one link to the topic!
After all, this wouldn't be the first incident of the tinfoil hat wearing, JBT hating commandos of the 82nd KEYBOARD DIVISION screeching over nothing verified!

Ok I was joking with the google mutherfucker part, but really, it's all over the place. Do a search
for gun confiscation on this board and I bet you find  one that has articals and stories. It's not difficult to do. LikemI said exercise some personal initiative and you will find it.

I'll be kinda nice and give you one thread but I won't hot lin k it for you. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=387987
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top