Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 8:17:39 AM EDT
Why dont they call it the aircraft channel. 80% has to do with aircraft, its getting old. I like dogfighting footage as much as the next but it would be nice to see some ground poundage. Turned on the TV the other day and they had "tour of duty" on "very cool" show , why not more of that?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
It used to be called "Wings" if that is a hint.

They changed the name for marketing purposes.  

G
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, i agree. It has way too much military aircraft shows, not enough of the other good stuff.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I enjoy the aircraft stuff, but it can be quite repetitive. Same goes for the Navy SEAL stuff.

Tour of Duty is good.

I don't know what channel it was on, but I saw "Combat!" on late the other night.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I watch it when the ground poundin stuff is on.  I watch a little of the aviation stuff but like others, wish it had more ground stuff.  The other thing that bothers me is the Sunday night Special Forces shows.  They have like only 10 different shows so you see the same thing all the time.

Fitter beat me to it..
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
simple fact is that their programming library just isn't that big, they've been showing the same stuff over and over since they swapped over from being the Discovery "wings" channel, few new programs, but not much, i still watch though
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Same here fellas. I really liked the Navy SEAL stuff, but I've seen it a couple of times now and it's getting boring. I used to watch "Best Ranger" but honestly,that all didn't thrill me too much.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Firepower.

They have a show coming on tonight about the navy's new X-Craft, comes on at 8pm.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife hates it. She calls it the suck channel.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Same here fellas. I really liked the Navy SEAL stuff, but I've seen it a couple of times now and it's getting boring. I used to watch "Best Ranger" but honestly,that all didn't thrill me too much.

That SEAL guy cracks me up - the one with sunglasses:  "It's a dangerous job, but somebody has to do it."  Almost like off camera he said "I love me, how you doin'?" to a mirror.

G
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#10]
wish i got it on my cable carrier...

my folks get the pentagon channel which is really boring but has some great footage you don't see anywhere else!

acu cammies suck in iraq! i've always seen just photos but now i've seen enough news film footage to comfortably say, it just ain't as good as the desert marpats...

you also get to see the schools, hospitals, power plants, water plants, road paving, all that rebuilding shit going on in iraq and astan the scumbag civvie media refuses to cover...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I watched the first two weeks that it was on and last month canceled my cable when I realized there was nothing else to see but the first two weeks of programming rerun and rerun and rerun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I feel ya, mine hates it too.

I watch it most of all the channels I have.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#13]
that SEAL program is old , saw it on discovery channel like 3 years ago. Tour of duty is really good though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

DITTO on the repetitive SEAL stuff.
And then I still see articles about SEAL "secrecy".

"Battleplan" and a few other shows are good.
The current Afghanistan and Iraq theaters are providing newer, much more exciting stuff, though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

well gunner does your wife watch TLC if she does then tell her its the man hater channel.

heard that from the cable guy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I like it better as the Military Channel. Wings was pretty much the same stuff over and over. At least with the MC, they blend in some history and it's not all aircraft.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Who owns the MC?  Time-Life?  ABC?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Love it.......Hooked on Dallas SWAT watched it for first time last night........A&E
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd watch it if my cable system had it. They might - but it would be in the digital package. I'm holding off for when I get a big screen TV.

My mom's got it though... Schweet channel.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Who owns the MC?  Time-Life?  ABC?

It used to be Discovery Wings Channel, IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Watch it everyday after work.  I am stuck behind a desk now, so I watch it to see what assignment I want to sign up for when I get the hell out of here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I enjoy the aircraft stuff, but it can be quite repetitive. Same goes for the Navy SEAL stuff.

Tour of Duty is good.

I don't know what channel it was on, but I saw "Combat!" on late the other night.

That is on every day on the Encore Action channel.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Firepower.

They have a show coming on tonight about the navy's new X-Craft, comes on at 8pm.

torrent required

thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#24]

I love that channel.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#25]
It's still better than watching Oprah.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
that SEAL program is old , saw it on discovery channel like 3 years ago. Tour of duty is really good though.

are you referring to the SEAL re-enactment programs? (Panama, Grenada, etc)

Those are a bit hokey.

Its difficult to do justice to a SEAL operation with a re-enactment.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are a bit hokey.

Probably means Class 234 or whatever it was called.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

+1 million
I got  my DVR maxed out and she hates it
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Why dont they call it the aircraft channel. 80% has to do with aircraft, its getting old. I like dogfighting footage as much as the next but it would be nice to see some ground poundage. Turned on the TV the other day and they had "tour of duty" on "very cool" show , why not more of that?

+1
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are a bit hokey.

Probably means Class 234 or whatever it was called.

yeah, the BUDs class.  Those guys can take a beating.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#31]
it's about the only decent channel I can have running in the background when I'm at home, and the wife is gone or doesn't care.  Everything else on TV is worthless now, especially since the Simpsons started sucking.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#32]
whooahhh, I do. I like it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You can thank your wife from mine. Now she has a proper name for it after browsing ARFCOM and seeing this thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top