Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/13/2003 11:17:58 AM EDT
If you go to Kazaa and find the video clip "what we were doing in the USA" you will notice that they don't speak very good English and have a very noticable accent. Yet in their English version of their songs they have no problem with the language. Then if you watch the Russian version of the songs it's the same voice but in Russian. BTW, I don't really care who sings it as long as they keep making videos. They always seem to be taking off their clothes or going at it. You even get to see most the breast of the red head in "30 Minutes" when she is making out with a guy instead of her "friend". The "friend" proceedes to blow them up.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:32:22 AM EDT
TATU comprises two of my most favorite Russian lesbo's. I dont really care if they are doing the singing or not. Its still possibly them though. Just look at michael jackson when he talks vs sings. They might not talk english well, but constantly rehearsed english in a song can be different. Same way in some Japanese songs when they add English or French.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:36:42 AM EDT
The beatles didnt sound British when they sang.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:37:35 AM EDT
After that, can someone explain to me how Ozzy can go from a guy who mumbles incoherently on "The Osbournes" to singing perfectly understandable lyrics on stage
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:38:16 AM EDT
yeah, most singers with accents like British, Canadian, German, etc don't have the accents when singing English songs. I've noticed that a while ago. First noticed with Spice Girls.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:57:29 PM EDT
Shit, go listen to Mel Tillis talk sometime. I strongly suspect the TATU girls will soon be the same as Millie Vanillie or whoever those fag boy singers were that did voice dubs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:16:46 PM EDT
I used to wonder about how people with foreign accents can sing with an American sounding voice. I heard something on tv several years ago about how it has something to do with the different way the vocal chords are used while singing, or something. Anyhow, I think the gist of it is that "American" accent is the natural accent for people to have, which is why it comes out when they sing. I know that's not a very good explanation but I'm sure something would turn up on google. Just thought I'd throw in a couple euros.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:58:37 PM EDT
I am not an expert, but it is likely because the "singing" and "speaking" parts of the brain are located on opposite halves of the brain. Speaking is controlled by the "logic" side (left, for right-handed people) and singing is controlled by the "artistic" side (right). This is also why people with a speech impediment do not stutter if they sing their words instead of speaking them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:30:26 PM EDT
Top Top