Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:04:36 PM EDT
I just filled out an application as an individual to support a U.S. platoon overseas. Hopefully they get back to me soon with an approval. I may not be flush with cash but hope to do as much as I can to help the fine men and women of the U.S. military.

Now, assuming I get approved, what are some good "Care Package" items...here's what I was thinking.....:

Toothbrushes
Mouthwash
Toothpaste
Magazines
Nerf Football/Recreation items of some sort
Gun Oil / Cleaning Kits
Nonperishable snacks / food
Is alcohol verboten to send?
Disposable cameras
Phone cards
Postage-paid boxes so that they can mail items/letters back home
Stamps

Are these good ideas? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
No one? Damn....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
btt.......
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]
You could always send packages yourself. At the top of GD, there's a stickied thread concerning the unit of the month...

I sent a bunch of packages to the AR15 adaopta platoon, but that effort kinda petered out. I simply went to the "Deployed" sub forum and asked for someone deployed who could use some stuff. This was before I was aware of the new unit of the month program.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:10:13 AM EDT
[#4]
man, there are so many .orgs dedicated to supporting the troops it's frigging mindblowing!!!

was it anything like this during vietnam? i'd really like to know from either nam era vets or folks who were adults in conus back then...

i'm lucky, i know a lot of folks over in iraq and a-stan so i don't have to go through a program but i'm doing that unit of the month cuz jim scouten is cool as shit and i liked his show (oln doesn't carry it anymore...).

ETA: cd's and dvd movies are big.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top