Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/4/2005 7:42:11 PM EDT
This thread seems about as relevant as any tonight:

Are you the type of person that gets pissed of by someone driving too slow in front of you?

Are you the type of person that gets pissed off by all those asshats driving past you too fast?

All I have to say is, if you see my car coming, get the hell out of the way.

Poll coming when I can figure out how to do it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:43:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:43:25 PM EDT
All of the above
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:43:36 PM EDT
excessivly slow drivers annoy me to no end
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:44:21 PM EDT
Cute young girls that speed like there is no tomorrow.

They pass so fast I can't get a good look
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:47:01 PM EDT
Stupid cellphone talking drivers who make me late because they sat through a green light talking on their phone.

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:48:43 PM EDT
The one that pisses me off is the guy driving slow in front of me who speeds up when I try to pass.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:50:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cougar8045:
The one that pisses me off is the guy driving slow in front of me who speeds up when I try to pass.

Sorry about that....
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:50:04 PM EDT
Inattentive drivers in general. I have no problem letting some lead-foot teenager "run the point" and get the ticket instead of me!
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:50:30 PM EDT
Just about anyone on the my road, pisses me off.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:52:41 PM EDT
I could only vote for one?!?! I needed an "all of the above" choice.

Stupid Drivers piss me off
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:52:41 PM EDT
The people that drive 10mph slower than the flow of traffic in the other lanes in the fast lane.
Or the single occupant drivers in the HOV lane, that drive 10mph slower than everyone else.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:53:43 PM EDT
Slow drivers, elderly drivers, and especially slow elderly drivers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:56:09 PM EDT
Way too slow or way too fast
And of course doing either recklessly
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:57:04 PM EDT
Women
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:57:59 PM EDT
Ban all motor vehicle, do it for me.

Except Harley Davidsons.

Colt_SBR

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:59:16 PM EDT
Where do we start? I drive 2 major interstates to get to work in the morning.

The girls are nutz. See same fella periodically running an electric razor while he drives center lane.

Everybody to the left, random in the center, I pass on the right (#3 lane).

I do not like getting stuck in the middle of a flow of traffic on the entrance ramp that thinks they can enter the interstate doing 40-50 mph, and there is 18 wheelers and other traffic coming at 70 mph.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:02:29 PM EDT
Since I live in metro Atlanta I chose "too fast in the fast lane"

One morning on I-285 I was 2 car lengths off the guy in front of me with solid

traffic in front of him. Four lanes packed solid, all of us doing right at 80mph.

The idiot behind me (with no room to pass and solid traffic) trys to split the lanes

and pass me on the right, I see him coming, ease up and pinch him off.

He flips me the finger!

And I thought what a great town, being flipped off for going 80 in a 55.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:02:31 PM EDT
Speed doesnt really bother me nearly as much as stoopid fuckers that dont use their turn signals. I f'ing hate that! Men, women, or children do that, and I hate them for it. How hard is it to move your left hand up or down for 3 f'ing seconds?

Yall have a nice day.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:03:24 PM EDT
Elderly because:

They always hug the right hand side of lanes.

Slow down at Green lights.

Make a full stop in the middle of the road to turn left of right.

Go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too slow.

Seem to think that everyone else has no where to go in a hurry.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:04:25 PM EDT
The people that piss me off the most are the asshats who ride their brakes. Why in the hell do you have your foot on the brakes when you are accelerating? I HATE that. It's like they don't know that brake lights are supposed to warn other drivers that you are slowing down. It's dangerous to other drivers.

Do cops pull people over for that?

The other thing that pisses me off is people who put their car in "park" and take their foot off the brake at stop lights. Lazy bastards.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:06:14 PM EDT
people that stop at the end of the on ramp before trying to merge with interstate traffic moving at 80mph
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:06:27 PM EDT

Just about anyone on the my road, pisses me off.

I have to agree with you!

As a guy who mainly rides a motorcycle there are two main drivers I have to watch out for:
The old people who are to clueless to realize that there are other vehicles on the road besides cars and trucks.
And the WORST - teenagers and early 20's drivers who think the speed limit is at least 20 over the posted.

I can deal with the oldies because they (for the most part) are predictable, but the wet-behind-the-ears teenybopper drivers are totally unpredictable - they think that they are Gods gift to the road and will push their vehicles to dangerous limits endangering everyone on the road!

OK - maybe this sounds like a rant, come to think of it - it is!
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:06:46 PM EDT
Left lane, mouth breathin', herd mentality, SHEEPLE.

/die, die, die
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:07:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:
All of the above

+1

All shitty drivers piss me off!
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:39:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 9:58:21 PM EDT
My wife!

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 9:59:46 PM EDT
I hate people who block the fast line going too slow
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:06:18 PM EDT
My personal favorite is someone doing the speed limit trying to pass someone else doing the speed limit on a two lane road. I've got no problem with the guy doing speed limit in right lane, but numbnuts in left lane has just blocked all traffic behind him.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:06:42 PM EDT
Anyone who drives like I do...
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:08:05 PM EDT
The most annoying thing is when someone pulls out in front of you like they can't wait another second for you to pass, then drive REALLY slow and you have no way to pass them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:10:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2005 10:11:41 PM EDT by jdgiii]
I drive with the flow of traffic. It chaps my ass when someone passes me on the right or whips around from lane to lane . It also irks me when people fail to move to the right when faster traffic comes up on their rear.

I've seen too many busted up cars and people to drive like an idiot.

I guess I must be getting old.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:12:28 PM EDT
You didn't include inconsiderate cell-phone users in your poll.

They cause all kinds of trouble; failing to use a turn signal and not even making sure they're not cutting someone off, cruising in the fast lane and not monitoring their speed.

I hate having to pass someone blabbing on their cell phone through the right lane and trying to give them an evil glare when they're oblivious. Only exacerbates my road rage.

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:15:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jcp84:
You didn't include inconsiderate cell-phone users in your poll.

They cause all kinds of trouble; failing to use a turn signal and not even making sure they're not cutting someone off, cruising in the fast lane and not monitoring their speed.

I hate having to pass someone blabbing on their cell phone through the right lane and trying to give them an evil glare when they're oblivious. Only exacerbates my road rage.

Yeah, you're right. I considered adding a cellphone option, I should have, but they usually seem to fall into one of the other categories.

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:18:11 PM EDT
" It chaps my ass when someone passes me on the right or whips around from lane to lane . It also irks me when people fail to move to the right when faster traffic comes up on their rear. "

Ain't that an oxymoron? You are the guy who irks people like you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:20:00 PM EDT
I hate people that aren't passing the other cars in the fast lane but I also hate the people who come up behind me in the fast lane and flash their freeking high beems at me when I'm allready going 5-10 MPH faster than the trafic flow...

People that pas without enough clearance are a special pet peave as are the ashats that drive all the way forward in a lane they know is going to close and then try to muscle in.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:24:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2005 10:24:24 PM EDT by jdgiii]

Originally Posted By MisterPX:
" It chaps my ass when someone passes me on the right or whips around from lane to lane . It also irks me when people fail to move to the right when faster traffic comes up on their rear. "

Ain't that an oxymoron? You are the guy who irks people like you.

No No No. I gladly move to the right for faster traffic if given a chance. Some people will whip over to the right before the person ahead has an opportunity to move over. Sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:27:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:30:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2005 10:33:30 PM EDT by MisterPX]
the ashats that drive all the way forward in a lane they know is going to close and then try to muscle in.

Oooh, I hate those guys. Didn't they see the last 5 miles of "left lane closed ahead" signs?
Oh, and David, you're the kind of I guy I tailwhip.

Something else to note: People who drive at or below speed limit in fast lane "trying to control traffic", are most often the causes of highway accidents due to their casuing people to whip around them, etc.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:33:34 PM EDT
Tailgaters
Speeders
Slow-assed Ms. Daisy drivers
Idiots that pass multiple cars on a curve
Driving while using a cellphone
People that cut others off
People that sit there at a green light like a dumbass
Idiots just not paying attention yet are looking around like they have a rubber neck - and they wonder how they got in an accident
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:34:53 PM EDT
All of them ..................
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:42:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By David_Hineline:
I am the drive too slow in the fast lane guy. Shit I drive 5 over the speed limit in the fast lane, if you can't hold the speed limit than too bad, If you tail gate me I will slow down rather than speed up and then pull in behind the slow lane people when it opens up. I will not speed up to let you move ahead, I slow down to let you move ahead.

I am not a real calm driver nothing on your list pisses me off, so I picked the speeders since I like to intentionally slow them down and be in thier way just for shits.

That pratice is illegal in most states....

Keep right, left lane to pass regardless of the speed limit...

Besides getting you a ticket...

Its a damn good way to cause an accident... on a major crowded freeway system.

Ah hell, the only big freeway system in Nebraska is around Omaha... maybe Lincoln..

Plenty of room to pass you on the right...

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:55:43 PM EDT
The one that hit my new car 2 weeks ago and drove off. Fucker left $4400 in damage
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 11:00:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2005 11:59:09 PM EDT by Longslide]
Glad to see 62% of you are correct, tonight! hree
The fast lane has another name -- the passing lane. The right lane on a highway is the cruising lane. If you are not passing, what are you doing in the left lane? Some people do drive over there when they don't like the creases or bumps in the right lane or something, and block faster traffic like they were JC down off the cross. It never fails to amaze me when the guy acting all righteous is wrong, and that is generally true of the dude dawdling on the left side and acting all offended when someone notices.

I also dislike the road jockeys that get into the right lane on a busy four-lane road hoping the "line" on the right will go a little faster than the "line" on the left (again, the left is the passing lane and that's why those people are over there); the right lane "accelerators" are disappointed as often as not, and they usually have to cut somebody off to get back in the left lane, which is where they wanted to be all along. These also are the ones who are laying odds hoping the left lane may get stuck behind somebody who stops the whole shootin' match to make a left turn across oncoming lanes. Of course, the dude holding up rush hour traffic to make his left turn, you know the guy -- over an illegal yellow-painted "island" median, usually -- because he "has always done it that way and he lives over there" -- is a knuckle dragger, as is the guy in the truck or van in the left lane who has NO plans to turn left in the foreseeable future, while blinding "the passing lane's" view of the roadway and all brake lights two car lengths ahead for miles.

It's a wasteland out there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 11:42:42 PM EDT
In my state, the driver manual has stated explicitly that "if the driver ahead of you does not move over and let you pass after you have 1) overtaken him, 2)used your turn signal, 3) flashed your headlights, and/or 4) sounded your horn to indicate your desire to pass, then you may pass him on the right, BUT USE CAUTION, BECAUSE YOU ARE DEALING WITH A POOR DRIVER."

Better stick that in your pipe "for shits." There's nothing dumber than some guy in the left lane who is thinking (and I use the word thinking loosely) "I'm speeding as fast as ANYONE should!!" What a dip. And that's passive-aggressive anger, by the way. Road rage.

If you can't figure out any way in which another driver can signal his intention to pass without ticking you off -- you need to re-read the above 4 points. All four are recommended methods of communicating expectations to pass a slower car. OVERTAKING YOU is the first, best method of indicating a need to pass. Why would anyone want to pass if they DIDN'T OVERTAKE you??? How are they going to pass BEFORE they overtake you? Of COURSE you have only two options -- let 'em pass, or have them "tailgate" until you LET 'EM PASS. Duh. A tailgate is a direct result of failing to GET OUT OF THE PASSING LANE, OH CRUIZIN' ONE... (I've often thought of installing a good PA system just for moments like this .)

It is only when you FAIL TO COMPLY by PROPERLY MOVING OVER that you wind up being too close to the guy in back of your butt for any length of time.

Yes, I know the difference between a true tailgater and a guy just using the left lane to pass another car -- but I wonder how many others do. The last time I was truly tailgated, I waved over a cop who stopped him and it turned out he was drunk and went to jail. It seems like some otherwise normal drivers put themselves in a lose/lose situation -- by having NO idea of how a car behind them can indicate a pass without pissing them off. That's nuts.

I laugh when I imagine how other drivers would react if I overtook a car and then used the other suggestions on the list -- "signalled my desire to pass by flashing my headlights and sounding my horn" as my driver manual says. How many would recognize that behavior as legitimate signalling for a pass these days.

Think about that. Remember, I'm minding my own business, not expecting harrassment, and I'm not inclined to get into a pattycake contest with our two cars -- though I will protect myself if it goes too far. If you start acting up I don't even know whether you may be drunk or worse. If you start slamming on the brakes instead of responding to a routine passing situation, while letting more cars pile up behind me, then very soon it's a 5 to 1 vote in favor of "you're dead wrong, fool." When enough cars stack up in back of your brake-hitting ass, the notion that you're "right" gets pretty threadbare indeed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 11:43:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2005 11:49:46 PM EDT by Longslide]
Double post deleted.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 11:44:16 PM EDT
Wheres the "All of them" option?
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 11:47:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By David_Hineline:
I am the drive too slow in the fast lane guy. Shit I drive 5 over the speed limit in the fast lane, if you can't hold the speed limit than too bad, If you tail gate me I will slow down rather than speed up and then pull in behind the slow lane people when it opens up. I will not speed up to let you move ahead, I slow down to let you move ahead.

I am not a real calm driver nothing on your list pisses me off, so I picked the speeders since I like to intentionally slow them down and be in thier way just for shits.

Kerry voter?
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 12:02:47 AM EDT
Some people just don't know how to drive...

That group includes just about everybody but me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 12:18:49 AM EDT
Everyone.

CW
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 12:21:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2005 12:24:42 AM EDT by raven]
The one that realizes at the last minute he needs to make a turn, so he crosses over two or more lanes to get in the turn lane100' before he reaches the intersection/turnoff.

It's not that fucking hard to plan your driving route. People who dont confound and annoy me. Are they even thinking? Is it "Oh shit, this is where I wanted to go, I didn't realize it until just now!"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top