Posted: 3/12/2005 3:32:46 PM EDT
Poll coming!

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
ibtp

ETA: certainly not Arizona with our liberal uberdyke governor
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Wyoming for sure. And fix your thread title.

ETA: Oops. Now I see why you titled it that way. They're not aboloshing concealed carry, just the permits.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Of those on the list, I would guess Wyoming
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Wyoming got close this year.

But the bill faltered.

CRC
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely not AZ - the bill that's in process is one that will allow a CCW permit for life and reduce the required 16 hours for the permit to 8 hours.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't heard about such a bill in Virginia so I guess I'll vote for Wyoming.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
NH was close.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't see it happening in Virginia- too close to the Capital. Montana or Wyoming would be my unqualified guess.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Wyoming would probably be the best guess for me
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Happy to see VA had a well enough reputation to make it on the list... and it's well deserved for the most... we are a gun owner friendly state. However, we still have a large enough Northern VA liberals (although a minority) that tries to resist. We don't, for example, allow CCW in establishment that serve alcohol for on-premises consumption... although one may open carry in these establishments.

Without knowing any better, my vote went to WY.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Virginia just overturned many gun laws, hell we are more free now than most states.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm, are you saying that there's actually a state that abolished CCW?  If so what state or states have done this?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hmmm, are you saying that there's actually a state that abolished CCW?  If so what state or states have done this?

Mn. is making a go at retracting the "privledge"
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I hope they fail big time!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Alaska dumped it's CCW and went to Vermont style legal carry
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#16]
SC might be next.  Our pro-gun governor wasn't reelected, and the state police and a couple of the larger police departments are pushing hard to put an end to it.  There are a couple of other things going on here that also make me worry.z
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You might be confused.   They didn't abolish CCW, they abolished the permit.  IE:  No permit necessary.  Alaska and Vermont are currently like this.   If you're over 21, you can carry concealed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#18]
This is the first I've heard of Virginia considering it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Isn't the title the opposite of the poll question?  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#20]
You scared me with that thread title.

Alacka abolished the need for a CCW but they still issue them for citizens traveling to other states.

I would guess Wyoming.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Poll coming!

I swear, sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Watch that animated gif (and if anyone has an updated one, I'd like to know about it)
See how rapidly CCW has EXPANDED. Then wonder why folks like CRC are always posting negatives.

ETA - I see I read it wrong just like several others. Please unfuck the topic title.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope they fail big time!

Me too, those that have them now are OK for 5 years but those who didnt get them before this %$#@& judges injunction went through are stuck for now. Guess we will find out soon enough. Sorry dont have all the details.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I too would like some more info on this -- once a right is granted it should be quite difficult to take it away
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#24]
The only State I would see Abolishing CCW permits are those that somehow get paid for crimes.

CCW's Prevent crimes more than the police can even imagine doing so on their own.
Intresting little tidbit, Those with CCW's are les likely to commit crimes.
(RANT)
I think my mayor is in conjuction with the mob.

He has so much corruption under him that the result cause deaths and injuries in multiple areas.  

The mayor spends MILLIONS of tax dollars on public viewing crap.

He's a serous crime loving mayor, homosides are so rampid it's a daily news occurance.  Gun related are atleast once a week.  
He has laws enacted that prevent honist citizens from defending themselves.

---------------
Sory for my misspelled words
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Poll coming!

I swear, sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/rayra/politics/firearmsrighttocarrystates.gif

Watch that animated gif (and if anyone has an updated one, I'd like to know about it)
See how rapidly CCW has EXPANDED. Then wonder why folks like CRC are always posting negatives.

ETA - I see I read it wrong just like several others. Please unfuck the topic title.

thats even outdated Mo has CCW
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't see "shall issue" going away anytime soon in Montana. Either for good or bad.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Mi if GranHOLE is still allowed to be the govonor.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alaska dumped it's CCW and went to Vermont style legal carry

Stat wide true , but each county /city can over ride that by ordnance . Like what is maybe happeneing here . The only person that doess CCW classes is the biggest pusher for makeing it happen .
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:36:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top