Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/19/2012 7:37:53 AM EST
Does it matter, or just get whatever the local parts store has for cheap? My car doesn't have any additional doodads, I don't tow anything and while it gets into the teens during the winter, the car is in a garage.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:43:16 AM EST
A lot of people by from Walmart. In case they need a new battery while away from home, chances of finding a Walmart and replace the battery free or at a reduced cost are pretty high.

I like Duralast Gold from Auto Zone. I just had one die just shy of three years and got a new free.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:48:54 AM EST
I went to Advance Auto Parts for my Gold battery. AutoZone Duralast Gold is supposed to be good as well. I've used Sears DieHard Gold for years and trust it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:22:42 PM EST
I've had really good experience with the Duralast Gold.
I was a Diehard only guy for many years, but bought the Duralast out of convenience.
The one time I had an issue, it was taken care of with no hassle.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:39:16 PM EST
Advance and AutoZone both give military discounts and their batteries seem fresher than the ones at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart also did not have the battery I needed for my Mustang, which is the same size used in the Fusion and a lot of mid-sized Ford/Mazda cars, so it's not like it is rare.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:00:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 3:01:09 AM EST by Merlin]
Autozone Duralast Gold. Excellent warranty and the reputation over on various diesel boards that I belong to is very good.

Even though you say you don't need anything special, see if you can up the Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) over what you have now. More power is always good.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:55:50 AM EST
My OEM ford battery made it thru 5yrs of winters hitting -40 and stayin -20 or colder for extended periods parked outside, no heater, no charger, typically with just a 15min warm-up and 7min drive to charge back up, running lights and obviously the heater hard, all without issue, until that one day it did nothing, I feel I got a decent life out of it. I also had good experiences with Interstate, and they're pretty much everywhere that has a shop or service station. I've had longivety issues with Napa batteries, acid and gel cell.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:17:52 PM EST
Duralast Gold is GTG.
Top Top