Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2002 8:36:15 AM EDT
Okay guys, my wife has been bugging me to take her to see "Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood" for a while, and it's getting crunch time as most theatres are letting it go for newer releases.

So the question is, do I take her to that, or take her to a different one, say "Minority Report", or "The Sum of All Fears"?

Thanks, this is going to happen tonight, so if you don't post, please poll.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
They're all great.  I haven't seen any of them, however.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Never even heard of that "ya ya" movie, but it sounds like it sucks just by the name.

Minority Report is very fun to watch, and is pretty cool, but to me the ending left a lot to be desired, and the entire premise of the story is kind of wierd and silly.

The Sum of all Fears, I think, is OK but not as good as MR.  It is, of course, based off of Tom CLancy's book, but though I haven't read the bood yet, I know Clancy's work (I've read WIthout Remorse, Rainbow Six and Red Storm Rising), and I don't think this movie does his work any justice at all.  And besides, so as not to offend anyone they changed the main bad guys from muslim extremists to neo-nazis.

The Bourne Identity is also out, and it was pretty good, but I think it's not quite as good as the two I mentioned.  And I still can't forgive the writers for having those big pistol bullets stop a quarter inch below the surface of his skin.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#4]
WHAT?!?!?  I can't believe after all the ranting and raving on this board about how Tom Cruise is a traitor to our country and that members would never again watch his movies...That "Minority Report" is dominating this poll!!!!

Hypocrisy!

Now, I never said this, so I can watch Minority Report without guilt (he he)...but don't plan to because I am a bit pissed at Mr. Cruise.

As for what you should take the wife to, SEE WHAT SHE WANTS TO SEE!
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#5]
"Minority Report" is awesome. It's based on a short story by Philip K. Dick. He's the same author whose stories were made into "Blade Runner" and "Total Recall".  I agree Tom Cruise is a POS, but the STORY is great. Worth Seeing.

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Minority Report is very good, and so is The Bourne Identity. The Sum of All Fears was pretty boring for the first hour.  The chick flick...ya gotta be kidding.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Screw all that chickflick bullshit. Send your wife to see "Ya-Ya and the Estrogen Uberwenches" with her chick friends, and you go see something with cool guns and killing and tits with your friends.

That's how I solve problems like this at my house.

My wife doesn't bitch about seeing stuff I like and she hates, and I don't gripe or snap into a mode in a theater where me and one other guy are the only pussywhipped husbands in the joint.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I always go to the one with the most gratuitous nudity.  >gg<
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Bravo Tango Tango

Scott

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bravo Tango Tango

Scott

View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd rather cut my wrists than see Divine Secrets of the YA-YA Sisterhood.  My mom had a copy, and decided to pick it up, because of its retarded title.  Couldn't finish 3 pages. Minority Report looks good visually, but the story is silly.  Sum of All Fears was a good book, knew the movie was castrated for PC reasons, but it was ok.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bravo Tango Tango

Scott

View Quote

Why?
View Quote

Gits and Shiggles.

Naw. Someone commented on someone commenting on an old thread from liek two weeks ago, so I went looking for threads on the last page.

BTW, Haven't seen any of the movies, but wanna see "Minority Report". Dickian future stories are usually interesting.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]
If you have any of those independent theaters around, try to find one playing "Last House On The Left" or "I Spit On Your Grave". I can guarantee if you take your womenz to one of those, you will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you have any of those independent theaters around, try to find one playing "Last House On The Left" or "I Spit On Your Grave". I can guarantee if you take your womenz to one of those, you will not be disappointed.
View Quote

Those are [b]CLASSICS![/b]

My ex-fiance loved "I Spit On Your Grave," it was her all time favorite movie.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Forget about those movies.  If you have to take her to a chick flick take her to see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".  I had to take my wife to see that movie as payback to her going with me to see "We Were Soliders".  It was not too bad.

I will never go see another Tom Cruise movie.  He is a left wing POS.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Rent: The Sum of all Queers!

It stars lotboy from this site!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top