Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 2:57:10 PM EDT
Hey all, I am looking at replacing my plain old ear muff (cheapo) hearing protectors. I am thinking about the Peltor Tactical 6, but are the electronic protectors worth the big bucks or are the quality standard protectors just fine.
Which do you use and why ?

BTW, where can you find the Peltors at a good price ??

Thanks !!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
99 cent foam plugs work fine for me ??? and they dont put that horrible pressure around my ears that muff's do.. those things give me a headache.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends on how hot it is. Plugs in hot weather and my $8.99 walmart muffs when it's not.

I try to keep my shooting bag stocked up with plugs.

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Recently I've switched to wearing Radians, I find these to be about the handiest thing next to sliced bread. Radians are simply eyes and ears in one unit they incorporate jelli ear plugs (nrr 25) and ANSI standard shooting glasses into  one piece with the plugs being able to be replaced with new ones or with temples if needed. They can be found for under $20 and are well worth the price.

Jake

[url]www.radians.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I wear Peltor Bullseye for my hearing protector. Also have a Dave Clark.

CRC
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I would wear as much as you can.  

Plugs and muffs.  For sure when you are behind a 50 cal.    
I got the remmington kind, which are rated 31 DB,
plus plugs that are 29 DB
c-rock
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear plugs and muffs. I have plugs attached to the keeper of my shooting glasses. I think they were made by Silencio. I also wear Pro-Ears electronic hearing protection.

The Pro-Ears are great. The circuits cut out during gun shots and quickly cuts back in so that you can hear people talking around you. Great if you're taking a class.

The other thing is that you can put them on if you hear something in the house at night that you want to investigate--they are stereo.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top