Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:26:02 PM EDT
1992 version with Daniel Day-Lewis

Watched it the other night... easily one of my all time favorite movies.

Hawkeye (Nathaniel Poe): Fearless, refuses to be a sheeple to "the Crown, superior marksman, would sacrifice his own life for the woman he loves.

Uncas: The faithful quite one (has the hots for one of the Munro sisters)... charges up one side of the mountain by himself, kicks serious ass, but is eventually killed by Magua.

Chingachgook: Tough old bastard, respects the way of the warrior and the hunter, kills Magua.

Magua: Evil, cold-hearted, but is clearly focused and determined in his revenge against Monro.

Maj. Duncan Heyward: Unquestionable allegiance to his country ("The Crown"). Adheres to a code of honor. Has the hots for Cora and hates Nathanial with a passion, but offers himself to be burned at the stake rather than Nathanial.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably one of the mules because I have a hard head and a stinking ass.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Uncas all the way.

GR
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Major Duderhead.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
the fat deleware cheif.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Third Indian (sorry, Native American) from the left!  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The French commander General Montcalm.  Respected the natives and participated in their culture to gain their alliance.  Was able to capture the British Fortress William Henry without significant loss of men or material and was able to have his native allies do his fighting for him.

Flame away
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

guess I'm tho only one still calling them like I see them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm like the 3rd redcoat guy in the fort, the one standing up there by the tall timber parapet....you have to look real close, he's wearing a white bandage on his head.

No real reason why, but I'm like that guy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]
My nephew...he was one of the Mohawks in the background of many of the scenes!  He kept the Mohawk haircut for a couple of months after he got back from making the movie, it was a great gag item!  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My nephew...he was one of the Mohawks in the background of many of the scenes!  He kept the Mohawk haircut for a couple of months after he got back from making the movie, it was a great gag item!  

They weren't "Mohawks" Mohicans... they were Hurons ("not to be trusted").  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Natty Bumppo (Deerslayer)
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#13]
a.k.a."Mohican Vice"
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Whichever one thats the most bada$$.

I need to see this movie.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

guess I'm tho only one still calling them like I see them.

History mode on:

As explained to me by my white as the driven snow prof who has actually worked with Indians....
The vast majority of them don't call themselves "Native Americans". Most call themselves by their tribe, and then Indians when talking about everybody else.

If you wanted to be really correct, and actually call them the correct thing, it would be by whatever Tribe they are in. Most, if not all, Indian tribe names translate to "The People" or some variation. Group name, essentially. Most don't identify with a greater Indian population, becuase those other Indians are not "The People."

Also, as explained by an Indian guy, Indian is a far less "imperialistic" term. They're called Indians because Columbus made an honest mistake (thought he was in India). If you call them "Native Americans", well, no Indian ever called themselves that before Columbus either, and it's called America because some European guy thought it would be cool to name it after the guy who figured out the place was a seperate continent.

So yeah, according to a Prof that studies Indians, and an Indian: call them by their tribe. If you can't do that, Indian works too. "Native American" is long and sounds kinda gay.

Anyway, I'd say Uncas. And the girl he was gunning for was hotter anyway.
That movie rocks. I have the entire Final Battle song on my computer and iPod. Great song.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Hawkeye:  I am probably most like him in attitude, but of course not nearly as badass in action.  A compassionate individualist.  I will go out of my way to help those that I am quick to judge positively, and even moreso those that I know, respect, and love.  I will want to destroy those that threaten the aforementioned in varying degrees to that which I know, respect, and love.  (That was pretty damn melodramatic, but sums it up nonetheless)

Uncas:  He's tough.  Tough as nails.  Not too bright/wise.  Doesn't know when to quit.  It is the naivity of people like Uncas which exemplifies why militaries like to hire on the young.  They are young, strong, fit, ignorant, and as a result have no fear of death because they think they will live forever.  It's easy to convince people like this to charge the concrete walls and place the Bangalore Torpedos.  I am patriotic, but I have to be honest.  I am 36 yrs. old, lean, and in pretty good shape.  Certainly better shape than most of the fat fucks I see walllowing about.  That being said, if I am laying on a sand pille on June 6, 1944 and I have some punk 25 yr. old sgt. telling me to charge, there is a good part of me that wants to put my M1 to the back of his head and tell him to go first.  And call him an asshole.

Chingachgook:  The ultimate badass.  Could kill Chuck Norris with a passing thought.  He's black and white in his approach.  Right and wrong, no passing thought, just action.  I need more of him in me.

Magua:  Read:  Hitler.  Die slow.  He died slow enough I guess...thank you Chingachgook.

Maj. Duncan Heward:  He proved himself in the ability to kick ass to a certain degree.   He had class.  He had culture.  Some chicks dig this.  Not Cora, obviously...once she got a sample of Hawkeye's Cock.

He allowed himself to be burned at the stake for the sake of his beloved woman.  Cora.  Even though she was getting railed by Hawkeye in the meantime.

Duncan died with so much honor that Hawkeye should probably kill himself if he should ever dishonor Cora.

The End.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#17]
"Magua will put his children under the knife to make sure his seed it wiped off the earth forever"
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Who was the younger sister who always has her head up her ass? That's me. Or rather, my head, up her ass
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#19]
You guys don't know shit.  The baddest ass person in that great movie WAS the younger daughter. She just stepped off the cliff rather than live with Magua. No emotion, no fear. What a scene!

And don't go thinkning Magua was all that bad.   Remember what happened to his family?  Magua was a Nationalist.  He saw his land vanishing, and wanted to wipe the white man out.   Sort of like Ho Chi Mihn in a way. I think he would have gone after the french eventually also.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You guys don't know shit.  The baddest ass person in that great movie WAS the younger daughter. She just stepped off the cliff rather than live with Magua. No emotion, no fear.

And no brains; hell, she could have offed him in his sleep the first night and hauled ass.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:58:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't know, I probably would have been one of the nameless, unremembered homesteaders just trying to carve a living out of the wilderness for my family and me. I am not going out to look for trouble but (hopefully) I am ready should trouble come looking for me or mine.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:03:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They weren't "Mohawks" Mohicans... they were Hurons ("not to be trusted").  

There were Mohawks with the British.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:09:30 AM EDT
[#23]
The younger daughter looked rather plain & homely for most of the movie.  But then, that close up just before going over the cliff is... angelic.  Stunning.

Duncan was a scheming, career-building, butt kissing weenie until the end.  In the last few minutes of his life he became something else and redeemed himself.

I think I identify with the Uncas character the most.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:14:25 AM EDT
[#24]
The poor bastard digging trench when the British guns blow the hell out of his barricade.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:22:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top