Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 12:41:42 PM EDT
I'm looking to get a new pistol for CHL carry here in the next couple of weeks. Being a fan of 1911's I've narrowed it down to two kimbers I like.

Choice number one is the Kimber Warrior.

The other pistol I like is the Raptor II

Let me know which one you guys like better.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like the features of the Warrior.

ETA:  THE SERIES 70 ACTION AND INTERNAL EXTRACTOR RULE!

Isn't a full size, steel frame 1911 a bit to big and heavy for CCW?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry I couldnt pick but here is my 2 cents worth.  I have the Raptor II and my buddy has the Warrior.  While I did initially have some FTE problems I replaced the extractor free of charge and its now smooth as butter.  The problem is they both really kick ass and I like them both a lot.  Having said that if I was going to be carrying concealed would go for the Raptor.  If I was going to be carrying in a duty holster out in the open or at the range would go for the Warrior.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Neither.

I have the Stainless TLE II and it's been perfect so far...even with the factory mag.  I use CMC's and some old military mags, and haven't had a hiccup yet.

HH
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I really like the features of the Warrior.

ETA:  THE SERIES 70 ACTION AND INTERNAL EXTRACTOR RULE!

Isn't a full size, steel frame 1911 a bit to big and heavy for CCW?  

I love the series 70 action and internal extractor as well, but I have to admit I kinda like the looks of the Raptor II
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The Warrior has a rail for a tac light.  Seems kind of silly to deploy that platform in an environment where you likely will never carry it with a WEAPON MOUNTED light.

Of your two choices:

Raptor.

Other choice in the Kimber line:

The 25th Anniversary Custom Limited Edition
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I voted for the Warrior, as it has the rail built in. I don't carry a light on ,y kimbers that I use for ccw's but I have started carrying my sure fire torch in my side pocket, & if shift ever does happen your set up to snap on a light if need arises.

I love my Kimbers. I have a CDP II, & a Classic Stainless. I carry the CDP II 99.99 % of the time as it's smaller & lighter.

Get a finish that won't be as susceptable to body sweet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Of the two, I'd buy the Warrior, even though I have zero use for a rail on a pistol.
I just don't like the Series II internals.
And I always find myself replacing MSH's on pistols that don't come equipped with a lanyard loop.

ETA: I also replace the FLGR's w/ GI setup too..
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I would get the Raptor.  If i got the warrior i would HAVE to get a different set of grips.  I just don't like them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would get the Raptor.  If i got the warrior i would HAVE to get a different set of grips.  I just don't like them.

Yes, they are kinda ghey.

I've always been partial to the look and feel of smooth (uncheckered) burl walnut.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#10]
The grips on the Warrior look like those wafer cookies you get at the grocery store.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#11]
warrior with better grips
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top