Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 4:34:24 PM EDT
Want to pick it up tomorrow, so make it fast...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Incredible HD is coming out in a few weeks, that's what I'm waiting on it. It's the Incredible with the screen of the X and the features of the iPhone 4.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the droid 2 so I'm partial to it, but it runs like a beast. Depends on what you want I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to pick it up tomorrow it probably won't be an X.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Incredible HD is coming out in a few weeks, that's what I'm waiting on it. It's the Incredible with the screen of the X and the features of the iPhone 4.

Iphone features?

May not want...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the Droid 2, and love it.  Then hack it and add a custom Rom and love it even more.  Then
tell everyone how good it is and have all the Apple lovers bitch about it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iphone features?

May not want...

We know he's not referring to Flash.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Might be worth checking out the new Samsung Fascinate...supposed to have a great AMOLED screen, and a quick processor.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
The Droid Xs are hard to get right now, but I have one on order. Should be here on the 16th.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the large slide out keyboard so my choice is the Droid 2.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iphone features?

May not want...

Front facing camera, video conferencing, etc.

Not the shit features. Like "we hate the customer, so fuck your hacking". The HTC phones are easy to hack.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I prefer the large slide out keyboard so my choice is the Droid 2.

thats what made me end up taking the droid 2, if I want to watch a HD movie I have a T.V at home. Made the choice easier.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iphone features?

May not want...

But Steve told us that not running flash, not multitasking, and not having a removable battery are features!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iphone features?

May not want...

But Steve told us that not running flash, not multitasking, and not having a removable battery are features!

That's probably the thing that pisses me off the most about Apple. "We have to remove the battery because you're too stupid and we cannot trust you with our device you rent from us".
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Droid X.  The other two aren't even in the same league.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I love the X.

Came from the Env2, don't miss the keyboard at all.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Might be worth checking out the new Samsung Fascinate...supposed to have a great AMOLED screen, and a quick processor.

What about the Samaung Epic?  AMOLED, 1g hummingbird, 4g (not sure if anyone cares)...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why?

I'm not up on the differences between the Droid models.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Well, the X is currently the flagship for Verizon, so it's got the most shit, and no other phone tops it (for the next 2-3 months).
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Droid 2 if you want a keyboard.  Droid X if you want the big screen (and you do if you ever plan on surfing).  I've owned both; they're both very nice devices.

The fascinate comes out on the 9th, and it should be a very nice phone too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Well, the X is currently the flagship for Verizon, so it's got the most shit, and no other phone tops it (for the next 2-3 months).

Fail.

The droid 2 has the same hardware.  It's got a smaller screen, but has a keyboard.  No HDMI out.

The fascinate is a galaxy S phone coming on the ninth, and it has a better processor and a much better graphics processor.  The AMOLED screen is also nicer IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Droid X. No question.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Fail.

The droid 2 has the same hardware.  It's got a smaller screen, but has a keyboard.  No HDMI out.

The fascinate is a galaxy S phone coming on the ninth, and it has a better processor and a much better graphics processor.  The AMOLED screen is also nicer IMHO.

No fail. I said it has more shit, and you proved I was right.

Try to be less dickish, next time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#25]
If you want big, get the X
If you want smaller, seeker, get the Incredible

I like the incredible better due to size, but the features kill...2.2 pumped the vid to 720p, and a bunch of other nice stuff.  

Have 2.2 OTA rooted, s-off, love it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Droid X.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Get the Droid X. I love the fuck out of mine.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Fail.

. droid 2 has the same hardware.  It's got a smaller screen, but has a keyboard.  No HDMI out.

Bi fail. I said it has more shit, and you proved I was right.

Try to be less dickish, next time.

Yes, a crippled hdmi out that only plays movies taken on the phone unless you use a pay to play hack that is in beta would indeed qualify as "shit."  The X also lacks a physical keyboard, but that must be "more shit" too.  It also sports features like a current lack of froyo and it is physically much larger than the 2.  

As to your second assertion, the fascinate is now out and it is faster and has a better screen than the X.  That hardly took two months.

Make fewer unfounded claims next time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
The X is huge.  The DInc fits nicely into a pocket and HTC synch works with MS Outlook for contacts and calendar without having to use Google sync, which was a must have for me.  

So DInc is my choice.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:17:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

Fail.

The Droid 2 does not have the same hardware as the X.

It has a smaller screen than the X, no HDMI out at all, comes with less upgradable memory, has a smaller battery, a 5.0 megapixel camera instead of an 8.0, and a redundant and totally unnecessary physical keyboard.

Read some reviews of the Fascinate.  Not very flattering.  The Droid X screen is pretty damn nice, even if it's not an AMOLED.

The Droid X fits nicely in your pocket, too.  Photos make it seem way larger than it actually is.

And yes, the X is currently Verizon's flagship model.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#31]
I got the Incredible and love it. Passed on the Droid 2 since I didn't need/want a physical keyboard.

Was gonna get the X, but it is too frigging big.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Just got on my financee's VZW plan from AT&T, so I had to choose between the DX and the Fascinate.  I went with the Fascinate, but like everyone says, the X is HUGE.  Samsung hit the sweet spot with the size on the Galaxy, and the screen is very nice.

Edit - I don't miss my iPhone 3G at all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I think the new samsungs may be the dark horse. I've been contemplating upgrading my D1 but it is soooooo solid. I'm sitting back and watching what happens as the newer devices get out there and 2.2 matures a bit as far as hacks/roms go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top