Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2013 9:40:46 AM EST
I need a new one, I like the simplicity of the TWC app, but the radar runs horribly. It's not smooth at all. I tried Weather Underground and like the radar, and all of the features, but it just seemed to aggravating to get it set up.

I need something between, "OOOH, hide Yo dog, Hide Yo wife, a tornado is a comin " easy to glance at redneck simple , To "everyone, please remain calm, there is a rotation here at this point, headed to this area, etc , with good info on Hurricanes, temps, something fairly in depth, but not on the scale of a NOAA analysis system. I like using a hybrid map, with satellite /terrain and roads for location. Something I could pinpoint and save maybe a half dozen cities that I can see on the map. My home, my home city, a few cities around me, and the furthest out would be Charlotte, and Columbia, both 35-40 miles away.

I have an old machine, with windows XP, and not a real good graphics card or anything.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:43:03 AM EST
turn around and look out your window
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:45:08 AM EST
On a desktop, I just go to wunderground.com.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:48:49 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
On a desktop, I just go to wunderground.com.
View Quote

that

if I need a quick "weather" thing it's either phone, tablet or security system panel

if I need to look at radar stuff - wunderground is best.....

or open the window (though that doesn't help predict)
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:57:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:01:11 AM EST
I use weather.com, seldom is it wrong.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:11:49 AM EST
I use 2

Wundergroud and My radar pro.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:16:01 AM EST
http://www.tornadoalleylive.com/ for tornados. It shows location of all the tornado chasers. If a chaser is by your house then you should start worrying LOL
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:21:04 AM EST
It's a Desktop... WHY THE HELL ARE YOU RUNNING APPS? It isn't a Phone. It isn't a tablet. Stop trying to make it one.

just go to the internet... wunderground.com for weather.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:27:26 AM EST
I like intellicast..
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:28:02 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Waterborne:
http://thefuckingweather.com/
View Quote

holy shit I love it
Top Top