Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
None of them.....they did not make good music when they were together
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Lennon
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I dunno, Yoko Ono? Wasn't she was about as good as those hippies?

-Scott
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]
George Harrison was the only one that ha any music that was worth listening to.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked Lennon's work a lot more. Their work together in the Beatles was synergetic, but John was my favorite.

I ignore his politics.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

BigDozer66

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Ringo had the first #1 of the solo Beatles, something not too widely known. The irony is, as the oldest Beatle, he may very well be the last one alive?

Pity all the sons won't get together at least once just to see if the magic is there?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]
The Beatles:
 Paul was the heart
 John was the soul
 George was the brains

and Ringo was the drummer
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#13]

I prefer Georges music after the split, although Paul runs a close second.
Yoko's "contributions" to John's work made it pretty awful, with the exception of the album
he released just before his death.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The Beatles:
 Paul was the heart
 John was the soul
 George was the brains

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Trivia question: what kind of gun did Mark David Chapman use to shoot John Lennon?

Hint: it wasn't an FN-FNC.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I was disappointed that Julian Lennon never did anything with Paul, George, and Ringo, because he has
his father's voice and similar singing style.   It could have worked well for a quasi-reunion.

I've always thought that George Harrisson was the best musician of the four and his solo work
stands out head and shoulders above the work of the others,  post-Beatles.    

"All Things Must Pass"  is one of the greatest recordings EVER.   It stands alone.

I certainly appreciate Harrison's work as a solo artist and was bummed at his passing a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Was it:

John Lennon
Ringo Starr
Paul McCartney
George Harrison

Which Beatle made the best music after the group broke up in 1970?   uummhh???

a dung beatle?
Stones!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The Beatles:
 Paul was the heart
Like when he asked what they (his family) would do w/o his mother's money after he was told she just died?

John was the soul
Like when he was beating the hell out of his women or doing heroin?

George was the brains
Must be why he smoked like a fiend all his life? Or why his solo music was a cure for insominia? Or why Eric Clapton stole his wife?

Who had the first #1 solo album of all of them. Who is the one anyone can say the least negative things about either, for that matter.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Trivia question: what kind of gun did Mark David Chapman use to shoot John Lennon?

Hint: it wasn't an FN-FNC.

Charter Arms Bulldog, no?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Beatles:
 Paul was the heart
Like when he asked what they (his family) would do w/o his mother's money after he was told she just died?

John was the soul
Like when he was beating the hell out of his women or doing heroin?

George was the brains
Must be why he smoked like a fiend all his life? Or why his solo music was a cure for insominia? Or why Eric Clapton stole his wife?

Who had the first #1 solo album of all of them. Who is the one anyone can say the least negative things about either, for that matter.

It's a JOKE.
Try grabbing that stick and pulling it out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It's a JOKE.

I don't joke about the Beatles, they're my favorite group. I was depressed for days following Lennon's killing & I'd kill Chapman on the fucking spot in front of a FBI agent should I ever see him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#23]
They made music after they broke up?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1000
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a JOKE.

I don't joke about the Beatles, they're my favorite group. I was depressed for days following Lennon's killing & I'd kill Chapman on the fucking spot in front of a FBI agent should I ever see him.

Hey Bob, I'm not sure an FBI agent can arrest you for muder in a state, but can in DC, I think.

I'll get beat down if I'm wrong. I thought that only state accredited cops can arrest for state laws, not fed cops unless directed to by state or lower cops.

I wouldn't mind popping Chapman myself.

I'll tell ya what, I was getting tired of the heavy radio rotation play of "Starting Over" before his death. I almost shot myself when they started playing it more after his death.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Q: What's it gonna take for a Beatles reunion?

A: Two bullets.

bad tast jokes are the best.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The Beatles:
 Paul was the heart
 John was the soul
 George was the brains

and Ringo was the drummer schnozz

Fixed it.

Actually, out of all of the Beatles (assuming Lennon and Harrison were still alive), Ringo is the one I'd really want to meet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#28]
You KNOW they had to be doing some serious drugs when...  "Hey, John, I just finished this song about a yellow submarine."  "I'm not singin' that... I know, let's let Ringo sing it... that'll really be funny."
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:29:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You KNOW they had to be doing some serious drugs when...  "Hey, John, I just finished this song about a yellow submarine."  "I'm not singin' that... I know, let's let Ringo sing it... that'll really be funny."

LOL.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:31:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:13:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a JOKE.

Yet, you describe 3/4ths of them as douchebags?
I'm as confused as Mark David Chapman at a Beatlemania concert.  

PS.  I really like The Beatles, too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:32:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Dunno for the music but george Harrison was the one giving money for producing the monty python flicks
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:43:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a JOKE.

You sir are wound way too tight.  Chapman did the world a favor by keeping Yoko off of the airwaves and out of the public eye.  She has a face that looks worse than ten miles of muddy tank trail and a voice that sounds like an engine seizing up.  

When John was killed, his creative drive and ability to write a decent tune had long been lost to drugs.  He was an empty shell, a hairy-stoned charicature of his former self.  Yoko was his succubus that sucked him dry of any remaining talent and money.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:57:35 AM EDT
[#34]
They were all pretty bland individually.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:00:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
They were all pretty bland individually.

Sad but true...their solo efforts paled in comparison to what they did as a group.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#37]
I liked / loved them as a group - fuck their polidics (sp).

Paul ass wipe with his sleep around wife and the shrill stuff THEY did as music. Paul's first solo was the best - his drumming was, aaaah, shit at best. Oh, and fuck his cunt dead wife for leaving PETA a shit load of money. I hope she likes getting buggered, where ever she is.

Lennon - excellent rock and roll, married a bitch a treated her as the cunt she was and still is. I remember the night Lennon was shot like it was yesterday. I am sorry his son Julian never kept it on track after his first album, wished he did the quasi-reunion also. Julian and G/F back in the early 90's knocked on my friend's door back then looking to move into the building - never did, but my friend immediately recognized him. Julian was very surprised and surprised more when my friend whipped out his album and asked for an autograph, which he gratefully gave.

George - great music and My Sweet Lord is NOT, Dodalang dodalang - he's so fine. Wife lost to best friend Eric Claption, sounds like a bad joke OR a Country Western Song. ...and I like C-W.

Ringo - glad he got his life back on track. He's a fine entertainer and he makes for a feel good time listening to his LIVE performances.

Overall, they as a team lived in synergy and produced much better music together than alone. The fact that two are dead is sad for me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:56:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a JOKE.

Wow a "guy" groupie.
Dictionary
group·ie (grū'pē)
n. Slang.
A fan, especially a young woman, who follows a rock group around on tours
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:58:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a JOKE.

I don't joke about the , they're my favorite group. I was depressed for days following Lennon's killing & I'd kill Chapman on the fucking spot in front of a FBI agent should I ever see him.

You don't joke about the Beatles and will kill chapman if you get the chance, is that about right?
You need help dude.
Now for saying that shit, just for saying it out loud.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#40]
McCartney without a doubt.

Lennon blew chunks with or without the rest of the Bugs.

Harrison and Starr were pretty okay though I think Harrison did a bit more than Starr.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Well, I guess best is a relative term.  Not one of them made good music, individually or as a group.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#42]
None of them the beatles sucked when they were a group and they suck solo.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Who was Chunks?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who was Chunks?

Brian Epstein?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who was Chunks?

Brian Epstein?

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Lennon wrote angry, Leninist BS.

McCartney wrote pablum.

Starr wrote drivel.

Harrison wrote beautiful music with important content in his lyrics.  He is likely the most important Beatle and the most important soloist in the post-Beatle era.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Whether or not you like The Beatles, they transcended (no pun intended) the music genre.   In 50 years, the only music entertainers from the last century that anyone will recognize are The Beatles, Elvis and Dylan.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I liked Ringo best as the conductor on Thomas the Tank Engine.  But George Carlin was a better conductor.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#49]
John Lennon.............. when he gurgled and died.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

BigDozer66

+1

Travelling Wilbury's!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top