Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 4:37:55 PM EDT
The Flood (Halo) or the Xenomorphs (Alien)
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Xenomorph

IBTP
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#2]
For shear terror I would have to say alien. For the most dangerous as far as taking over the world I would say the flood.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Arcturian
the one I had was male
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For shear terror I would have to say alien. For the most dangerous as far as taking over the world I would say the flood.

The world?
Shit man, the whole galaxy!
The Forerunner exhausted every strategic option to stop them, and finally fired the Array, which wiped the galaxy clean of sentient life of sufficient biomass to sustain a flood parasite.
Not to mention that the "alien queen" was not anywhere near the "gravemind" in terms of malevolent intelligence.

I agree with your assesment for sheer one on one terror, the Alien wins.
Flood combat forms are easy enough to take down...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't played Halo, but the xenomorphs are bad news...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Flood.  One spore can destroy an entire species.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The world?
Shit man, the whole galaxy!
The Forerunner exhausted every strategic option to stop them, and finally fired the Array, which wiped the galaxy clean of sentient life of sufficient biomass to sustain a flood parasite.
Not to mention that the "alien queen" was not anywhere near the "gravemind" in terms of malevolent intelligence.

I agree with your assesment for sheer one on one terror, the Alien wins.
Flood combat forms are easy enough to take down...

The Flood are extragalactic and had time to take over several worlds before even coming to the Forerunner's attention. The Forerunner, busy cataloguing every species in the galaxy, were extremely hesitant to use WMD's against the Flood for THREE CENTURIES for fear of devestating life-bearing worlds and harming native species. Finally, the Flood became such a threat (having consumed thousands, if not millions, of worlds) that the Forerunner had to pull out all the stops to kill them. They dicked around trying to preserve as many species as possible in their Libraries instead of nuking worlds from orbit, and then the AI they made to combat the Flood JOINED the Flood instead. The Forerunner activated the rings and obliterated nearly all life in the galaxy as a desperation measure not because the Flood were nigh unstoppable, but because they were dumbasses and didn't stop the Flood when they were easily managable (i.e., before consuming most of the galaxy). Had the Forerunner not been dumbasses, the Flood would never have become a threat at all.

And the Forerunner being dumbasses caused the Flood to threaten the galaxy A SECOND TIME because they PRESERVED SAMPLES on the rings and in other research centers in stasis and didn't destroy them when they activated the rings.

The Flood aren't anything an intelligent, well-prepared force can't handle. Xenomorphs, on the other hand, while far from a galactic threat, are some seriously nasty sons of bitches who will fuck you up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey, a lone infection form.

*pops it like a zit*

Oops.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Alien(tm) lawyers.  First they probe you, then charge you by the hour...  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#12]
The grendels of Tau Ceti IV (Avalon)
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]
xenomorphs
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The grendels of Tau Ceti IV (Avalon)

Nah. They're FAST bastards, but a large-caliber gun can take 'em down. And they'll go on a rampage and kill each other if you scatter juice from their speed glands so they all catch the scent. Beyond their speed, they're nothing more than over-sized komodo dragons. Besides, just kill all the samlons or stay far away from water and you're good to go.

Didn't expect anybody to get the reference, did you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Space Herpes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, a lone infection form.

*pops it like a zit*

Oops.

What if it lands in a liberal city?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Space Herpes.

No, no...you're thinking of space syphilis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top