Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2002 5:36:50 PM EDT
Can somebody post a map or link of the Izzy borders before they did whatever they did to piss everybody off.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#1]
click on the INTERACTIVE part and look at the STRUGGLE FOR INDEPENDANCE
[url]http://www.cbsnews.com/now/section/0,1636,3475-412,00.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You!
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice link, although typical...

Reporters, and news networks, newspapers, magazines...they slay me!

I checked out the link that "fight4yourrights" posted.  CBS did their best to come up with a snazzy map, along with an "informative" sidebar on how things came to be.

What I noticed was there was ZERO mention of Israel being attacked in 1956, in 1967, and in 1973 by all of their neighbors, and that Israel took this ground in combat, captured it after pushing back a series of combined assaults, and defending their nation from those who would either slaughter them all, or drive them back into the sea.

I daresay that we in the US would give Canada or Mexico back any land that we took...hey, wait a sec...we fought Mexico and threatened Canada (well, Britain with the "54-40 or fight" campaign, but what the hell) for land.  Should we give back New Mexico, Arizona, California? Or part of Montana, Idaho, and Washington?  

Did someone say something about Native American tribes, too?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice link, although typical...

Reporters, and news networks, newspapers, magazines...they slay me!

I checked out the link that "fight4yourrights" posted.  CBS did their best to come up with a snazzy map, along with an "informative" sidebar on how things came to be.

What I noticed was there was ZERO mention of Israel being attacked in 1956, in 1967, and in 1973 by all of their neighbors, and that Israel took this ground in combat, captured it after pushing back a series of combined assaults, and defending their nation from those who would either slaughter them all, or drive them back into the sea.

I daresay that we in the US would give Canada or Mexico back any land that we took...hey, wait a sec...we fought Mexico and threatened Canada (well, Britain with the "54-40 or fight" campaign, but what the hell) for land.  Should we give back New Mexico, Arizona, California? Or part of Montana, Idaho, and Washington?  

Did someone say something about Native American tribes, too?
View Quote

Make sure you check that "continue" button at the bottom of the map.  I missed it at first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top