Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 12:35:35 PM EDT
Just want to show some of the toys Canadians have, there's some really neat stuff North of the border. Here's a few of mine I had pulled out today when a buddy with a digi camera was over, missing are pics of random neat guns like the VZ-58 and SIG/Swiss Arms PE90's. (Have no PE90 at the moment, have to remedy that, went to a couple M96's interestingly enough and preferred them)

Front to back, 16" HBAR with H&K AGC 40mm, 11.5" AR w/stainless barrel and detachable sights front/rear, 14" 870 police, plain Jane 16" Bushy LE marked, 1919A4. If we get other canucks going in here, I might be tempted to put up my H&K collection and Valmet, as well as a bunch of other toys :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/angusmo/IMG_0869.jpg
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
No NFA-type legislation in Canada, very cool!

Wonder what the catch is......registration?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
hey ardent .. u from Can Gun Nutz eh?

Nice toys ardent.
You from Surrey right? im up in Newton.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, we're neighbors, I'm from BC/AB, keep my guns in AB for the most part as I do most of my shooting there and much of my family is there.

And yes, registration is the catch. Paul Martin would have used it against us had he been voted in again too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yup, we're neighbors, I'm from BC/AB, keep my guns in AB for the most part as I do most of my shooting there and much of my family is there.

And yes, registration is the catch. Paul Martin would have used it against us had he been voted in again too.

What do you have to do as far as background checks and what not? What about for full-autos?

I know plenty about the gun laws here in the States but know next to nothing about our northern neighbor.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
So how did you get the HK 40mm? One would think HK wouldn't like that, considering they're freaking out about a couple 416s down here.

Also, what can you shoot through the 40mm?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you have to do as far as background checks and what not? What about for full-autos? he

Unfortunately FA is a no-no here but some guys still have them, those who owned them prior to '78, similar kinda deal to you guys down south but our FA's can't be fired and sit in safes. (Complex issue some guys here are in courts over right now, they refuse to issue transport permits for full autos despite them being legally owned) Hopefully they'll make it to the ranges again in the future...

We have to be licensed here as well and pass a safety course/exam, but for guns considered non restricted (like the 1919 and 870 in the pic) it's a walk in, buy, walk out deal. SBR's aren't a special class here either, we just have an overall length requirement (for ex 8" krinker plinkers are 100% kosher plinkers with whatever mag cap you like as long as the stock is welded out, as it has to be 26" overall otherwise it becomes restricted=range use only to put it simply.)

As for the H&K, there's a few here in Canada, just found me so to speak, a matter of knowing the right people. There's M203's here too, and as for rounds they are all inert of chalk dust type.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I should have also noted; our full auto guys are all grandfathered, that is they can sell/trade between each other but anyone who didn't have a FA before '78 is SOL.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I should have also noted; our full auto guys are all grandfathered, that is they can sell/trade between each other but anyone who didn't have a FA before '78 is SOL.

That's interesting.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I am jealous that our Canadian brothers can still get all the inexpensive Chinese rifles that we are denied down here.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's interesting.  

Yup, and same goes for handguns in .25, .32, or with barrels under 4.13". If you owned even 1 in the 90's when the legislation went through prohibiting such 'menaces to society with no sporting purpose' you are good to go and trade all you like with other owners, if you didn't, too bad so sad. For instance I'm not grandfathered, and the smallest handguns I own are H&K P7's, and that's the smallest non prohibited pistol there is here. There's a good few of the subcompact glocks here now, but they all are rebarrelled to 4.13" or greater and thus OK. The 'real' subcompacts are here too, but are prohib and you must be grandfathered.

So all in all, the US' gun laws are friendlier to gun owners, but ours are different and we are able to get a lot of things that states can't because of that. (Like PE90's, they run $2200-$2500US here, and are currently imported, vs $8000US+ stateside. Same for VZ58's.) The best of both worlds would be a dual citizen with guns on both sides of the border....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am jealous that our Canadian brothers can still get all the inexpensive Chinese rifles that we are denied down here.

Yeah, that part is nice, chinese M14's run $300 US new here....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forget all the Chinese knock-offs(although I wouldn't mind a $300 Norinco M1A).......
What really chaps My ass is that Ya'll Canadians get actual Swiss Arms PE90s(Semi Sig 550s
for those that don't know) and We're stuck with these Sig 556 abortions.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forget all the Chinese knock-offs(although I wouldn't mind a $300 Norinco M1A).......
What really chaps My ass is that Ya'll Canadians get actual Swiss Arms PE90s(Semi Sig 550s
for those that don't know) and We're stuck with these Sig 556 abortions.head.gifhr

I hope to seal a deal on a PE90 today, have one lined up. Nice guns for sure. I think a big reason why the AR dominates the black rifle scene in the US is that all non US made designs are severely impeded and expensive. If more Swiss Arms PE90's were around stateside, there might be a lot of foks dropping their ARs... Here in Canada there is an additional benefit to PE90's; AR's are restricted by name, but PE90's are free of all that BS and regular sporting rifles. So this really pushes Canadians away from AR's and towards alternatives. (But as you see there's still a ton of AR's here... I still like 'em)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Nice toys ardent.

Geeez, guys. I'm in North Delta.

Small world. Didn't know there was anybody in these neck of the woods with a 1919A4.

Come down and see me at Lever Arms Service in Vancouver sometime.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice toys ardent.

Geeez, guys. I'm in North Delta.

Small world. Didn't know there was anybody in these neck of the woods with a 1919A4.

Come down and see me at Lever Arms Service in Vancouver sometime.

Laf, I ought to, I have a 1919A6 too as well but the A4 looks better in pics up high on the tripod...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top