Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 8:36:53 AM EDT
My stepbrother would like to do some temporary work for my employer for the next few weeks. My question is, where can he get a work permit? Also would a WV work permit reciprocate to VA or does he need to get a work permit in the state in which he is actually working?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:43:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 8:47:45 AM EDT by ag04blast]
Grew up in VA your schools office should have the permits, thats where I got mine when I was 14 and started making donuts.


Who issues a work permit?

You can get the forms from your local school's Guidance Office. These forms are:

Intention to Employ – This form is completed by the employer. It must state clearly the kind of work you will be performing.

Permission for Employment – This form is completed by one of your parents. It is best if you and your parent go together to the school to sign the form. If necessary, your parent may submit a notarized statement giving permission for you to work.

Along with these two forms, you should bring evidence of your age, such as:

1. Birth Certificate.

2. Bible or Baptismal record.

3. Insurance policy at least one year old.

4. School record.

5. Other documentation only if such documentation was secured presenting one of the items in (1) though (4).

You can call your local school's Guidance Office to schedule an appointment to issue a work permit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:44:31 AM EDT
By me you go to city hall to get it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:45:47 AM EDT
Top Top