Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/26/2006 4:59:11 PM EDT
I'd like to get a bunch of these just for the cool factor. I'd like to get originals that have been rendered inert and can't function. Just for a wall hanger or show piece is all I'm lookin for, somethin to give people who come to my house something to talk about.

I'd like to find some:

RPGs
Grenades
Artillery shells
Bazookas
Claymores
Rocket launchers

I've seen a few here and there on ebay, but don't really know where else to look? Any ideas?

AND post pics if you got any of em!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:21:02 PM EDT
If you want an inert grenade, there is a stewardess over at Northwest airlines that has one she wants to get rid of cheap
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:24:03 PM EDT
tag.

I would like to have a launcher tube from a LAW. M249 I think.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:30:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:31:32 PM EDT
i see all of the above at gun shows here in MD, the the Gun Rack in burtonsville md normally has a few neat things
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:32:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By michaelj1978:
I'd like to get a bunch of these just for the cool factor. I'd like to get originals that have been rendered inert and can't function. Just for a wall hanger or show piece is all I'm lookin for, somethin to give people who come to my house something to talk about.

I'd like to find some:

RPGs
Grenades
Artillery shells
Bazookas
Claymores
Rocket launchers

I've seen a few here and there on ebay, but don't really know where else to look? Any ideas?

AND post pics if you got any of em!

You can get some inert grenades and "training" artillery shells from Numrich Gun Parts just down the road from me. I have seen both there as recently as yesterday.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:33:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 5:34:14 PM EDT by FMJshooter]
When we were shooting AT4's at Fort Benning they had a cutaway of an AT4 and a HEAT round in a glass case . That was awesome i would buy that display in a heatbeat . I have also seen a cutaway of a 120mm HEAT round the Abrams tanks fire. WAY COOL . Looked similar to this but in a glass case .

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:35:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:42:46 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:57:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JarheadChiro:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/jarheadchiro/gren.jpg

That first one's about the size of the suppositories I'm taking after my colonoscopy
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:10:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:12:45 PM EDT
I want a RPG7 and dummy round for my wall. Maybe a SA-7 too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:28:24 PM EDT
It takes years and years of gun shows, ebay, gunbroker, knob creek, different sites including this one, and word of mouth to find these things. For grenades it depends on what you want, US practice grenades can be found at any local army navy surplus store, but there not original there cheap castings made for surplus stores, with a little paint they can turn out fairly nice. Ebay has a big following with inert grenades and from time to time rockets appear but demand big numbers money wise. A few weeks ago there was a bulgarian made NVA/VC RPG7 that sold for 1500 bucks and it was in choppy condition. From time to time i see them in shotgun news and gun list but you have to look religiously and have your money ready to buy. Since the new wars we've been in, the RPG has become very popular, everyone knows what one is just from watching CNN. They make for an awesome display and appricate in value. I paid 350 bucks for my RPG7 five or six years ago, this was down at knob creek. Heres some pics. McM

Bulgarian RPG7 & East German RPG18

US M72LAW & AT4

US M20 3.5 inch super bazooka

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:01:21 PM EDT
you can usually find em at gunshows or an army surplus store. I think cheaperthandirt.com and a few other places have em.

Watch out for frauds tho, last gunshow some guy was sellin the inert grenades for rediculously high prices when they are usually dirt cheap. His excuse was that they were a 'special model, hard to find' They were pineapple grenades painted a different color.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:07:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motorcityman:
.... I paid 350 bucks for my RPG7 five or six years ago, this was down at knob creek. Heres some pics. McM

Bulgarian RPG7....
i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/onebigjoe/trapdoorammo018.jpg

Are you selling that RPG?

Check your pm....

Thanks.

Top Top