Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/11/2002 8:31:46 PM EST
older 'hardware'? I have an older laptop (Hitachi E133) that came w/ a CD-ROM. The CD drive is a non hitachi product that was included back in 1997 (spring of 97). It's a 6 speed CD ROM. Looks like regular CD player. It has flip open lid. It's a PC card type CD-ROM. There is no name of a manufacturer (and can't find the old owners manual). Any how, I think it's model number is: MCD-601P Also, I have a US Robotics modem. Sportster external 33.6 Faxmodem.... (from 1998 or so). Any how, the 'other Hitachi laptop' only goes to a 28.8 faxmodem. (Was thinking about trying that just for kicks). Any how, I figured I'd ask...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:33:49 PM EST
I usually have luck on www.winfiles.com
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:44:28 PM EST
[url=http://www.driverzone.com/index.html]Driverzone[/url] has tons of drivers for old hardware. Knowing the make of the drive would help, but you might be able to do a search on the model number.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:01:47 PM EST
[url]www.windrivers.com[/url] [url]www.driverguide.com[/url] Login: drivers Password: all
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:24:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/12/2002 5:43:45 AM EST by Kaliburz]
Well, I found a scrap paper with some info.... but I'm afraid that Hitachi used a '3rd party' company (small one). Does any one know of a company called CNF? I have "CNF external CD ROM" written down. So MCD-601P is probably the model (I'm quite sure of that). EDIT- Got some drivers.... will have to try later. Thanks to all who replied.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:51:55 AM EST
This looks like what you want: [url]24.237.160.4/files/Drivers/PCMCIA/Hitachi/6xcdrom/[/url] -
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:24:34 AM EST
Kaliburz E-mail me. I have an old program called CD God with almost every old CDROM driver there is.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:24:49 AM EST
I take it you got the hard drive to work?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:11:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/12/2002 10:26:14 AM EST by Kaliburz]
Originally Posted By 5isalive: I take it you got the hard drive to work?
View Quote
5isalive, That Hitachi that needs the HD still needs work. I plan to have a friend of a friend try to get to work for me (I'm not familiar w/ the partition of HD). Might cost me 1 M1A mag...well worth it. He helps my FFL buddy w/ his computer stuff. And my FFL buddy knows his phone number.... but my FFL buddy is on vacation. I purchased another 'clone' like my old one (same model, tad bit smaller HD, lower memory). I just want to put some stuff on that 'new' laptop, but I seem to have misplaced the install disk for the CD rom. Edit- (Originally, the auction seller said it had a CD Rom, but was in error. Got 40 bucks back because of his mistake. Any how, figured I'd make my original CD Rom work on this 'new one'. Can't recall where I had the disk...so I'm searching and asking). ======================================== XM777, I think that's it!!! Downloading now to try.... Well, tried to save it all onto a floppy, but when I run Setup, it runs...but an error pops up.... [:(]. So close.... something about trying to read some value and it's wrong or .... will try it again later. Edit: The error reads: (Window tittle): WinSFX Error "WinSFX Error: Unable to complete the installation process. Can not read when searching for .RED data. Attempted to read 30720 byts. Actually read 5 byts. Total bytes read: 30725" What does that mean? ====================================== tc6969, Interesting.... just might e-mail ya. (Sounds like a nice thing to have....for archives)
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 12:04:26 PM EST
In reference to the download XM777 showed. Well, tried to save it all onto a floppy, but when I run Setup, it runs...but an error pops up.... . So close.... something about trying to read some value and it's wrong or .... will try it again later. The error reads: (Window tittle): WinSFX Error "WinSFX Error: Unable to complete the installation process. Can not read when searching for .RED data. Attempted to read 30720 byts. Actually read 5 byts. Total bytes read: 30725" What does that mean?
Top Top