Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2004 8:54:11 PM EDT
Other than Specialized Armament Warehouse (SAW), does anyone know of a legit Colt distributor?  I'm looking for a 20" Colt flattop.  I found this web page, but don't know if they are cool to do business with, or if their uppers are from the factory:

www.autoweapons.com/photos/accys/colt.html

Also, do 20" A4 uppers have the feed ramp cuts?  I've been seeing some 20" A4 uppers as being touted to have the M4 feed ramp cuts.  Is this true?  Or is this just a Colt parts gun with an M4 receiver???  See here:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=202036

I want to buy a factory (new or used) upper, but don't want to get burned.  Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD:  Are there any distinguishing marks on the receiver and on the bolt group that I shold look out for?  Thanks.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Look in Shotgun news  there are a couple of places that sell them, one of them is Hoplite, the other is RGuns.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
R Guns
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Look in Shotgun news  there are a couple of places that sell them, one of them is Hoplite, the other is RGuns.  

R-Guns----->
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#4]
No one sells them cheap, if that's what you're looking for.

Dennis Todd also has them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got one, it's pre-ban, but you can't have it
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:54:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Hell, if you can do without the flat top, I'll sell you a Colt A2 Hbar 20" for cheap.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:51:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Other than Specialized Armament Warehouse (SAW), does anyone know of a legit Colt distributor?  I'm looking for a 20" Colt flattop.  I found this web page, but don't know if they are cool to do business with, or if their uppers are from the factory:

Also, do 20" A4 uppers have the feed ramp cuts?  I've been seeing some 20" A4 uppers as being touted to have the M4 feed ramp cuts.  Is this true?  Or is this just a Colt parts gun with an M4 receiver???  See here:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=202036

I want to buy a factory (new or used) upper, but don't want to get burned.  Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD:  Are there any distinguishing marks on the receiver and on the bolt group that I shold look out for?  Thanks.

put your pride in a lock box for now & order from SAW, they are one of the best suppliers of Colt parts, & honest !! somthing i can not say about a certain other "deale"R" in "GUNS"...!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:25:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I have to agree with AR-15NUTT.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#9]
SAW is pricey, but if you have to have Colt, they are pretty much the only game in town. They do have excellent customer service, Tina is extremely knowledgable and friendly (and don't ever make the mistake of thinking that because she is a woman she doesn't know her ARs; she has forgotten more about them than you or I will ever know). They get stuff that you aren't going to find anywhere else, and sometimes have decent prices on things.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#10]
The SAW guy pissed me off, but I have spoken with Tina and she was very nice and helpful to me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a Colt from SAW and had a great experience. Ken and Tina were very helpful. It looks so tough that I have pictures of it here at work next to pics of my wife!
It was pricey, had to have a preban M4 since I don't trust the gov'mnt not to throw something "special" at us. Looking at the workmanship and xtras I think it is money well spent.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#12]
My experience with SAW was excellent as well. I bought one of his preban M4's, and SBR'd it. Very happy. Runs great, shoots great, looks great. Put an RASII on it last night. I know Ken came here and pissed alot people off but that probably just means he'd fit in well around here! Tina is always pleasant AND helpful.
Plan to buy more from them in the future.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Targetmaster, Chadds Ford, PA
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I got my Colt 6721 upper from KY Imports in 1998.  Pretty sure they still have Colt uppers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I ordered some stuff from KY Imports years ago.  I dont  remember any problems with ordering from them, but I dont know how they are these days.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#16]
+1 for SAW.
Tina is the BOMB!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#17]
As far as Colt stuff goes, Ken and Tina at SAW are it.
Ken won't ever win a congeniality contest but he knows his shit and has what you need.
Service is top notch.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Ive ordered from SAW on numerous occasions.   Never had the least bit of trouble.  They ARE the Colt source.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I found this web page, but don't know if they are cool to do business with, or if their uppers are from the factory:

Are there any distinguishing marks on the receiver and on the bolt group that I shold look out for?

I bought a 14.5" Colt M4 upper from Van at Autoweapons.com and was very pleased with it.

As for proof marks, mine had:

1. "C" on the right side of the receiver (along with what looks like an "A" & "F" superimposed).
2. "F" on the left side of the front sight base.
3. "M4" above the cloverleaf where the gas tube enters the receiver.
4. "C" on the right side of the bolt carrier.
5. "MPC" on the bolt itself.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for all the feedback.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Brownell's sells them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top